Any suggestions?

bubba73

Disney is not only a place but a state of mind. Th
I will be in California for my first visit at the end of September and I am very excited. I am already planning on going to DL one day to see the original Disney park but I will have some time on Friday to do something as well. I guess I should put in this bit of information. I will be staying in Chino Valley (about 30 minutes away from DL) and I have a conference that I am going too that starts that Friday night at 6 pm so whatever I do, I would need to be there by 6. I have looked online and have discovered that Six Flags Magic Mountain will be open from 10-6 that day and I think Knott's willl be as well. My thing is I am a roller coaster junkie. I haven't been on one yet that was tall enough or fast enough for me. What would you recommend knowing that I will probably have to leave the park by 4 pm to make it to my meeting on time or should I just skip it and try to sight see near the hotel. Like I said, this is my first trip out West so I want to make the most of it.

Thanks for your help!
Bubba
:love: ::MickeyMo :banana:

When me and DH went several years ago, we spent a few hours at Universal Studios and we really enjoyed ourselves!

My DH did not like Knott's, he thought it was "dirty", but I told him it's suppose to be a cowboy theme. hehe!

Argh! I typed a reply, but it didn't post! Let me try again:

You'll never make it to Magic Mtn and back in the time you have. It's at least an hour away and you'll certainly hit traffic. They do have the biggest and best coasters, but I think you'd have a good time at Knotts, too. They have some great coasters, particularly Ghostrider. Should only take a half hour or so to get there. Just shoot down the 57 south to the 91 west to Beach Blvd. That's what I'd do - save Magic Mtn for a different trip when you really have the time to get there and cover all the coasters.

Thanks Amyg and Magix for the suggestions. I kind of figured that Magic Mountain was at least an hour away so I figured if I left my hotel around 8, I should be able to get there when it opens. Then, I would stay until close to 4 or so and should be able to make it to my meeting. I know I won't be able to do it all or maybe not even half, but I really want to try those coasters. But at the same time, I saw the layout map for Knott's and I am more than a little intrigued. So I guess it is a toss-up between one of the best wooden coasters in the country, Ghost Rider or the super steel coasters at Magic Mountain. I guess I will have to see how much money I have, the weather, and what time I actually get up. But please keep the suggestions coming. I want to learn as much as I can before I go.

:love: ::MickeyMo :banana:

I vote for knotts they have a couple of great rollercoasters and it is closer. xcellerator is a great rollercoaster and it is fast enough for me and I am hard to please :-)

I agree that Six Flags is AT LEAST one hour away from the Chino area, I would even say 75 mins with NO traffic.

But On Fridays traffic is unreal and traffic is barely warming up at around 4:30 pm.

From Knotts the 91 to 57 finally to the 60 can get some traffic as well, but it pales with driving on I5 through downtown and then joining the Vegas/Palm Springs travlers on the 10 or 60 parking lots.

I suggest Knott's Berry Farm. You will be able to actually enjoy your day and get back in plenty of time. They do have some great roller coasters and the park is overall pretty nice. Magic Mtn. is too far away to make your day worth driving out there. There are always reports of accidents that direction, especially at rush hour.

I agree to the previous post - save Magic Mountain for another trip.

Desiree

Thanks for all of the suggestions. I did a mapquest on how far away Six Flags is from Chino. I had no idea how far away it was. I was really excited about the possibility of going to S.F. and riding "X" as well as some of the others. I have decided to go to Knott's Berry. Who knows, I may even try the fried chicken.

Thanks again!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter