Any tips for renting a vehicle that seats 8?

Hemlock

DIS Veteran
I’m looking to rent a vehicle that seats 8 for March 2018. Any tips on which rental companies offer larger vehicles? Prices are sky high right now, so I really need to keep a close eye on prices. Any help is much appreciated!

Renting locally without luggage, I have used Avis for an 8 passenger vehicle. The booking class was a Ford Expedition, which has three rows of 2-3-3. HTH.

I’m looking to rent a vehicle that seats 8 for March 2018. Any tips on which rental companies offer larger vehicles? Prices are sky high right now, so I really need to keep a close eye on prices. Any help is much appreciated!
from what i have seen price is high and not aa lot of room for suitcases and carry ons with 8 people. plus middle seat will not have a lot of room for an adult with carseats on both sides

No car seats for us, just one backless booster seat. I’m not TOO worried about luggage. We are taking the ME from the airport and staying onsite for a few days, so luggage worries. We will pick up our rental vehicle on the day we check out of our Disney hotel, and hubby is willing to make 2 trips (if needed) to get everyone’s luggage to our rental home. My only real concern is getting everyone and their stuff to MCO on our departure day. I’ve already warned everyone that they MAY be sitting with luggage on their laps for the drive the airport and if we’re really tight I might get a cab for some of us.

Our travelling party is 2 adults, 5 small teens and a young child if that helps any.

No car seats for us, just one backless booster seat. I’m not TOO worried about luggage. We are taking the ME from the airport and staying onsite for a few days, so luggage worries. We will pick up our rental vehicle on the day we check out of our Disney hotel, and hubby is willing to make 2 trips (if needed) to get everyone’s luggage to our rental home. My only real concern is getting everyone and their stuff to MCO on our departure day. I’ve already warned everyone that they MAY be sitting with luggage on their laps for the drive the airport and if we’re really tight I might get a cab for some of us.
be prepared to call that cab and do you really want full sized suitcases on laps? you might get 1 maybe 2 behind last row of seats. dumb question what about 2 smaller cars. more room in trunks

We have rented the 7 seater van for 6 of us and we each had a carry on and a small suitcase that fits in the overhead. We easily fit the luggage. Add the 7th person, my sister, and going to the beach with 7 chairs, a cooler, umbrella, boogie boards, etc....it was a puzzle.

One year we got upgraded to a traverse but the truck just sucked! There was no space. One piece of luggage had to be in the 3rd row with my kids. And going to the beach, one person had to hold the chairs from the inside when we shut the back.

This past April, again we rented the 7 seater van. My sister was going to be with us daily so there would be 7 of us, 7 chairs, etc... when we got to the airport, went to the skip the counter and my DH forgot to click that box so we had to go to the counter, they asked if we wanted an upgrade to an 8 seater van for $100...um..sure, we were happy, in FL and on vacay for the next 10 days.

Well they had no 8 seater van so they brought out a Ford Expedition (I think-it was 3 rows/seats 8) as soon as I opened the back to put the luggage, I said no no no. There was no space. The rental lady tried to tell me to fold down the seat and the luggage would fit. Um..ok but on beach days when we have 7 it would not fit and occasionally my BiL would come so it was not going to work.

So out came the Yukon xl. Easily and comfortably fit 8, our luggage, a drive to marathon/key west from Ft. Myers was in comfort. No one was squished, I even sat in the 3rd row and was comfy. Luggage easily fit with scuba gear. Beach stuff was easily loaded and unloaded.

So for April 2018 I told my DH we can’t go back to the van (I drive one daily) but I looked and at nearly $2000....yeah I wasn’t going for that but I was ready to click book. Then I was going to join Costco to get that discount. But then my DH said to look at BJs so for just over $900 we have a Yukon xl for 10 days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter