anybody attend the Epcot Flower/Garden Seminars?

DizneyDogs

DIS Veteran
was wondering if anybody had attended any of this years Great American Gardeners seminars as part of the flower and garden festival at Epcot?

If you have do you remember what time they were - at disneyworld.com they state 12:30 and 3:30 and on the guide it says 12:00 and 3:00 so just wondering what time is correct

was wondering if anybody had attended any of this years Great American Gardeners seminars as part of the flower and garden festival at Epcot?
If you have do you remember what time they were - at disneyworld.com they state 12:30 and 3:30 and on the guide it says 12:00 and 3:00 so just wondering what time is correct

I'm curious as well. I've been to the F&G every year and this year twice but never attended a sit down seminar. It's tough enough to get DH & DSs to slow down long enough to smell the flowers let alone sit through a seminar. (that sounds awful) They're not that bad.
The "Epcot fun in the sun" brochure I got last month is the same as the month before. It reads
Garden Town daily expert speakers 11:00am & 2:00pm
Special Guests every Friday, Saturday & Sunday at 12:00pm & 3:00pm

Your resort should have a copy of this in the lobby.

I went to one this year and the talk was about trees and everyone got to plant a tiny crepe myrtle in a pot and take it with them. It was part of the "Garden Town Daily Expert Speakers" at 11AM. The description did not mention that we would be planting the trees. There were also small prizes given out on a "surprise" basis. Sometimes it was because you answered a question and sometimes because you asked one. It was a very enjoyable experience. I have a DF who lives in Florida and when she visited me over the weekend that I was there, I gave her the crepe myrtle to bring home to plant.

I've often gone to at least one of the scheduled activities. Last year we enjoyed Clyde Butcher's photographs and his talk about his travels and work. His black and white pictures were stunning.

I do make this May trip specifically for the F&G to do these things. Next year, we're going to be with the whole family, and it's just before a DCL Cruise. I agree that it will be harder for me to do the sit down things with the DGC there! So, DH has agreed that he and I will stay one extra night after the family leaves so I can take in at least one "special" activity. This year, even though I was "solo" for much of my trip, I never got to the Florida Farm Market displays. I just was too busy enjoying other WDW things!

Bobbi:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter