Anybody on the boards also on weight watchers?

KellyHonos

DisneyDivaxo
I wasn't sure if I should post this here or in the restaurants thread--the tips board seemed like a better fit but let me know.

I'm on weight watchers, and was curious to see if any other DIS-ers were also on WW. If so, I wanted to ask some of you guys how you track/stick within your points during your trips?

Hopefully at least someone can share some insight!

Welcome! I am currently on WW maintenance and have lost 50+ pounds. I have been on more than 1 Disney vacation while on WW. I think it's important to distinguish how long you've been on WW and your eating habits. For me, I am a seasoned WW member, which means I can get away without counting points. Even when I was still losing weight, I never counted points. Sure, I eyeballed everything and did my best to stay on track, but I wasn't counting/measuring everything I ate. With that said, I have lots of experience and know what I can eat/can't eat. It's also important for you to decide whether you want to fully stay on plan or give yourself a small vacation. Personally, I would rather enjoy myself and not count points. As long as you stay on plan outside of vacation, you should be fine. PM me for more tips! :)

Welcome! I am currently on WW maintenance and have lost 50+ pounds. I have been on more than 1 Disney vacation while on WW. I think it's important to distinguish how long you've been on WW and your eating habits. For me, I am a seasoned WW member, which means I can get away without counting points. Even when I was still losing weight, I never counted points. Sure, I eyeballed everything and did my best to stay on track, but I wasn't counting/measuring everything I ate. With that said, I have lots of experience and know what I can eat/can't eat. It's also important for you to decide whether you want to fully stay on plan or give yourself a small vacation. Personally, I would rather enjoy myself and not count points. As long as you stay on plan outside of vacation, you should be fine. PM me for more tips! :)

Check your inbox ;)

Drink lots of water. You will be doing a lot of walking. Share foods. But also enjoy yourself.
Yes, no pop, just water for me. Maybe an adult beverage here n there. And yes, the good news is i'll be doing a lot of walking.

This is almost EXACTLY me...I've done WW several times, and have used it to help me reach my weight loss goals. The first time I also lost 50+ pounds and joined again at different points over the years to get me back in a disciplined way of eating. The most recent time I used it to help me take off baby weight, which was a process of almost 4 years, and I am almost back down to where I want to be, but I used the app for accountability and to try the newest version of the program. Like Arielfan98 said, I don't really count points anymore, and I've still been losing the last couple of months. I've never tried to stay within my points at WDW b/c it is my happy place and I love to enjoy everything the world has to offer, including delicious food and snacks. Having said that, I believe it is OK to enjoy vacation and not worry about it so much, assuming you are making good choices before and back at it when you get back. I try to make good choices when I'm there unless it's something I really want to try, share with family as much as possible and only drink calories if adult beverages are involved. Enjoy your vacation and remember how much walking you will be doing to take off added calories!

This is almost EXACTLY me...I've done WW several times, and have used it to help me reach my weight loss goals. The first time I also lost 50+ pounds and joined again at different points over the years to get me back in a disciplined way of eating. The most recent time I used it to help me take off baby weight, which was a process of almost 4 years, and I am almost back down to where I want to be, but I used the app for accountability and to try the newest version of the program. Like Arielfan98 said, I don't really count points anymore, and I've still been losing the last couple of months. I've never tried to stay within my points at WDW b/c it is my happy place and I love to enjoy everything the world has to offer, including delicious food and snacks. Having said that, I believe it is OK to enjoy vacation and not worry about it so much, assuming you are making good choices before and back at it when you get back. I try to make good choices when I'm there unless it's something I really want to try, share with family as much as possible and only drink calories if adult beverages are involved. Enjoy your vacation and remember how much walking you will be doing to take off added calories!

so happy to know I have fellow WW buds on here!! Hopefully we can motivate one another to stay on track. I think I'm going to drink water as much as possible, factor in all the walking, and try to have as many fruits and veggies while there. I'll allow myself to have some "bad" stuff, because I don't get to be there often, but I'll still try and incorporate the "good" stuff into every meal as well.

so happy to know I have fellow WW buds on here!! Hopefully we can motivate one another to stay on track. I think I'm going to drink water as much as possible, factor in all the walking, and try to have as many fruits and veggies while there. I'll allow myself to have some "bad" stuff, because I don't get to be there often, but I'll still try and incorporate the "good" stuff into every meal as well.

I think that is a good strategy...just don't be too hard on yourself if you live it up a little. Get back on track after you get back and take it one day and one meal at a time. It's a marathon not a sprint!

I've been on WW since mid-October (have lost just over 52 lbs so far). I was on it in November during a trip to Disneyland. I didn't count points on vacation, but I was very careful about what I ate. Since changing my eating habits, I have found that eating too much fat, sugar, or simply too much food makes me feel awful. It's just not worth eating something that will make me feel badly, especially on vacation. We had breakfast at our hotel, and I focused on eggs, fruit, and toast or a bagel (no butter). For lunches and dinners at the parks, I would have a grilled chicken sandwich or a veggie burger (no cheese or sauce) and a side of fruit or veggies if they had it. Table service restaurants are easier because you can usually get grilled chicken or salmon with veggies. Just watch things like cheese and sauces, order salad dressings on the side and use very little. If you really want dessert, limit it to every few days. Or share with one or two other people. If you find that you've gained a few pounds when you get back, jump right back on the points plan. It will come off soon enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter