Anybody stayed at a cheap motel that was good just outside of Disney???

pkitty

Yo Ho Yo Ho a pirates life for me
Hey everybody!!!! I need some suggestions for one nights cheap accomodation prior to checking into Disney at an local hotel in Orlando...anything along Irlo Bronson that kinda thing....I tried this once before...disaster....roach motel....Days Inn Old Town....never I repeat never stay there...it was a nightmare....stayed in at the World ever since!!!!! We are driving and this is for the night before check-in just to crash!!!! We are travelling at the end of Feb so I need it for the night of the 23rd!!! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks D.:confused:

Hi Pkiity,
They are offering some good rates right here on the DIS.
Some of the hotels listed through Dreams Unlimited are very
close to WDW. We booked our hotel last year through them
and didn't have a problem. I definately reccommend them.
Hope this helps.
Tracy

Hey Tracey thanks for the info...I just booked my WDW res through them and I actually never thought about doing that part too!!! I was just looking at the Howard Johnson Maingate (it keeps popping up on the board....I can get it for 49$ us /night which isn't too bad it's just for one night!!!! I think what bothers me about this whole thing is that when we stayed at Old Town we paid $115 CDN for our room thru our agent and when we arrived people were walking in off the street and paying 29$ US for the same room!!!! I was PO"D big time!!!Not to mention it was a dump!!!
Thanks for the reply!!!!

We stayed at the Howard Johnson Maingate East for the entire March Break 2001 and it was okay: www.hojomge.com However check the main www.hojo.com site too as you might be able to get a better rate from the main site.

Lately, we have been staying at the Comfort Inn Lake Buena Vista, night of arrival, before checking in "on site". It is quite close to DTD and had really good rates there too.

Thanks for the info TIMANDDANSMOM!!!! I'll look into those!!! D.:teeth:

Just cameback from 24 days at WDW. We stayed at Confort Inn Lake Buena Vista for $40.00 first night and after $35.00 each additional night. That price applied when it's not busy. It's a walK-in price.
Samething for Rodeway and Quality Inn.
The room was nice and clean with a fridge. The pool area is beautiful, resturants on the property which children dont pay. Breakfast menu available, snack area also available.
After some nights we went to All Star, Coronado and Carribean.
My best advice is to stay on site because everything is easy and magic when you are at a Disney Hotel.
Have a great vacation.

Hi PKitty:

We were down last april and our first night was great staying at Amerisuites, calypso cay about 5 min from disney. With entertainment card we got a huge room and cont breakfast for 39.00. We had two double beds, a double pullout couch, small kitchen area and a vanity outside the bathroom. Minigolf and two nice pools. You will have to call and see if they still accept entertainment. But it was real nice and clean.

We did the days suites at oldtown many years ago, a disaster, we even had to stick our hand in the back of the toilet tank to flush it, yuck and the airconditioner in the living room was so loud when it cycled on it kinda of woke us up all night. Never, never stay there again, and we complained the next morning nothing was done for us.

www.amerisuites.com

then click on florida, then lake buenavista south it will take you to calypso cay.

There is a p.m. for you also. Take care,

Debbie.

We stayed a the RODEWAY Inn on Bronson back in Nov. it was right beside the HoJo (in fact it's owned by the same owner) the cost for Rodeway was $27.00USD, and it was fine for one night, it was clean and you could tell they were upgrading it (bathroom fixtures were older) but still clean and the staff was very nice. The HoJo was next door and it looked alittle newer so it's might be even better. We did the same thing as you, just somewhere to crash for one night before WDW hotels.
In other words, I'd only stay one night and not a week there. Hope this helps. Oh yeah, I made the res through DIS, Dream Unlimited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter