Anybody traveling to WDW this fall

Good to know there are companies with coverage. Just know that most of these companies only provide around $250,000 max in coverage which you could go through very quickly if you were hospitalized and in any kind of precarious state or needed a lengthy stay on a ventilator.
Especially in the US. That may cover 1 day in hospital.

The border closure only pertains to land crossings (for Canadians anyway). Canadians can still fly to the US. Not that I would, mind you. Not with those numbers!
I was just listening to Global BC this morning and they reported more flight that landed at YVR with Covid. 🙇‍♀️

I was just listening to Global BC this morning and they reported more flight that landed at YVR with Covid. 🙇‍♀️
But, so far, NO cases have actually been linked to all these flight exposures. Doesn't mean it won't happen, but silver lining so far I guess....ugh, that's 2020, trying to find the good news wherever you can, even when it's buried in the bad news :crazy2:

I very sadly cancelled our late Nov/ early Dec vacation back in May. We are now in our 60’s so it’s kind of sad as I wonder if we will still be fit enough to walk the parks in late 2021 or 2022. I hope so! 🤞

Definitely!! Going for a week in mid-September and can't wait. Flights are safe, WDW is safe, so off we go. We may have had Covid already montgs ago, not sure. But worst case, we don't have any other underlying conditions, so if we get it we get it.
You’re okay with the 2 week quarantine when you get back?

The bigger question is, what airlines are actually flying to Orlando? Even with the ability to fly to the US from Canada with the 14 day quarantine upon return, I can't find any flights from Ontario or Quebec to Orlando in September. It appears, the airlines may be following the government restricted dates and not flying until there is demand.

The bigger question is, what airlines are actually flying to Orlando? Even with the ability to fly to the US from Canada with the 14 day quarantine upon return, I can't find any flights from Ontario or Quebec to Orlando in September. It appears, the airlines may be following the government restricted dates and not flying until there is demand.

I could fly YVR to Orlando right now with WestJet...

I could fly YVR to Orlando right now with WestJet...

That's puzzling? I also have the added burden of trying to use 4 travel vouchers from Air Canada and Air Transat from two separate trips that were cancelled. That eliminates using any of the Delta or United options with stopovers. I'll be watching to see if the current October flights get cancelled when the travel restrictions get extended into October. I could book a trip in October and not loose my voucher if it's cancelled but that doesn't work well if I keep changing my vacation dates with my employer.

That's puzzling? I also have the added burden of trying to use 4 travel vouchers from Air Canada and Air Transat from two separate trips that were cancelled. That eliminates using any of the Delta or United options with stopovers. I'll be watching to see if the current October flights get cancelled when the travel restrictions get extended into October. I could book a trip in October and not loose my voucher if it's cancelled but that doesn't work well if I keep changing my vacation dates with my employer.
Yeah, it's a pretty complicated time. We're looking at booking for NEXT Fall just because I don't feel confident the winter is going to be a great time for travel.

I'm leaving for Disney on October 4. I cancelled my pass back in July because my mom was diagnosed with cancer in June and I didn't want to put her at risk. Sadly she passed away last Thursday. I need something to take my mind off things and go remember the great time we had when I took her 2 years ago so I booked a memorial trip.

I'm leaving for Disney on October 4. I cancelled my pass back in July because my mom was diagnosed with cancer in June and I didn't want to put her at risk. Sadly she passed away last Thursday. I need something to take my mind off things and go remember the great time we had when I took her 2 years ago so I booked a memorial trip.
I'm very sorry about your mom. ((hugs)) to you. Losing a parent isn't easy, and especially made harder during COVID times. Take care and stay safe on your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter