Anyone at AK Moonlight last night?

I was there but ended up by myself so didn’t really pay attention to characters. I do remember it saying Pocahontas and John Smith.

Food vouchers were given and a few places were listed as valid from 7 pm on and two didn’t have a time so I assume those you could go earlier. I ate at Pizzafara around 8 pm and it wasn’t crowded at all, but Pandora area was

Loved the unlimited Mickey bars! Ride lines weren’t very long either, it was nice but cold!

We were there. Didn’t last the whole time because of the cold. We got our pictures with Kenai and Koda who were adorably fun interacting with everyone. Also Pocahontas and John Smith. And jimmy cricket. Tarzan and Jane were out but they moved them indoors because of the cold (not really a surprise) but when we got to where they were on the map and saw the sign for the new location we decided not to. We also saw Dug and Russell and Carl. The map said baloo and mowgli were somewhere but we never got to them.

Overall, we had a good time. Expedition Everest wasn’t running so that was a disappointment. But we rode FOP and ate food and watched the tree of life. Crowds were much lower than I thought, but I suspect the cold played a role.

For food, there were pretty big lines when Satuli Canteen opened at 7 for the party. We decided to wait and came back at 9 and there was no line at all and lots of seating.

Did you have to wait until 7pm to use the food vouchers or could you use them sooner? (ie. After 6pm checkin)

Did you have to wait until 7pm to use the food vouchers or could you use them sooner? (ie. After 6pm checkin)

We had to wait. They told us 7pm when they gave the voucher and it was printed on the voucher. And we went up to the cast member at the restaurant to confirm because we all know disney isn’t always consistent. But everyone was firm at 7,

Timing was weird for the rides. Tried to get in line for FOP at 8:05 and the cast member told me the party doesn't start until 9 so I'd have to wait until then. Walked over to Na'vi River Journey and they let me get right on the ride. Same for Kilaminjaro Safari before 9. Go figure.

Was there last night. It was cold. We got there about 7:00 and check in was quick. We went right to Restaurantsaurus. The line wasn't bad at all. Headed to Expedition Everest and walked right on but as we sat there to leave the ride must have broke down and they had us get off. We headed to Navi and waited 10 minutes. We did it twice. Then we went to FOP and waited 45 minutes. Headed out and got ice cream on the way out. It was very very quiet. I assume the cold kept a lot of people away. There isn't really a whole lot opened but it was a nice event and would have been a lot better if it wasn't so cold.

Timing was weird for the rides. Tried to get in line for FOP at 8:05 and the cast member told me the party doesn't start until 9 so I'd have to wait until then. Walked over to Na'vi River Journey and they let me get right on the ride. Same for Kilaminjaro Safari before 9. Go figure.
We got the same story last Nov's MM at DCA. "Your party doesn't start until 9." Really weird. We were able to use our Food Voucher for a good sit down meal but encountered difficulties with the staff as the restaurant was about to close for the evening (before 7p!) and they had "never seen such a voucher." Yeeesh. We left early for "lack of flow" and because, frankly, our noses were put out of joint. It isn't fun when you feel like you are in "battle mode."

The biggest difference with FOP is that the standby line still contains day guests and has to be cleared out before they start sending party guests through the fastpass line. We saw that same thing for the After Hours party we went to at AK In November. So they can use the party hasn’t started line until the line clears. If a ride is already clear they can send you through. We rode the safari just before closing and there was no line already before the fastpass merge point.

I agree. It was so cold, but lines were long because we were being told that the rides wouldn’t open until 9:00pm (Dinosaus). So you had to stand in the cold for an hour. Ice cream bars didn’t start until. 9:00 also. We left at 9:30.for us it was unorganized and disappointing. We were already there as we had FPs. Got in around 5:00 as passholders. We were sent to 3 locations to get bands and to check in. Each time sent away to another location. weve been to Mk event twice and it’s always been a much better event. Given the opportunity, we won’t do this event again.

I agree. It was so cold, but lines were long because we were being told that the rides wouldn’t open until 9:00pm (Dinosaus). So you had to stand in the cold for an hour. Ice cream bars didn’t start until. 9:00 also. We left at 9:30.for us it was unorganized and disappointing. We were already there as we had FPs. Got in around 5:00 as passholders. We were sent to 3 locations to get bands and to check in. Each time sent away to another location. weve been to Mk event twice and it’s always been a much better event. Given the opportunity, we won’t do this event again.
This is disappointing. I don't understand why they would restrict access to the ride until the party officially starts if they advertise you can enter the park at 6pm. Hopefully they will collect some feedback and make corrections for the upcoming events. We are attending on 2/25, so I'll report back our experience afterwards.

This is disappointing. I don't understand why they would restrict access to the ride until the party officially starts if they advertise you can enter the park at 6pm. Hopefully they will collect some feedback and make corrections for the upcoming events. We are attending on 2/25, so I'll report back our experience afterwards.
I haven't been able to attend any of these since last year, but I can tell you from the last one I did attend, it's changed. It really was a lot of fun the first couple times they had them, just seems like it's becoming more complicated as they try to organize it.. just open the park, check people in and treat it like another ordinary day with a couple extra events - should be fine. Doesn't take much to show appreciation - no need to complicate :)

sadly my husband said he has no interest in attending another one. We have enjoyed the MK one, but with so much to do there, it works great. We are booked for the April one, so we’ll see. I’m hoping to attend the Epcot one since we are booked at Bwv. It just seemed like they didn’t get their act together on this one, plus the weather made for an uncomfortable experience. On the good side, the bus service was excellent. 2 minute wait going and no wait coming back. We were the only 2 on the bus both ways!

It was a little disappointing for us to be honest. We got there at about 830 and check in was a breeze (very unlike the first one we did). We got our wristbands without a wait, same with the food vouchers. The cast members were plentiful. (As a comparison we did a paid MK after hours last year and waited for over 30 minutes in a sea of angry people all trying to get to the 3 or 4 cast members with bands.)

We got food at Satuli and eventhough the line moved fast it was busy. Kind of had to stalk for a table. Did Navi with a 10 minute posted wait which ended up about that. Moved onto Avatar about 915 with a posted 45 minute wait which ended up being about an hour. We weren't sent through the fast pass line. It was like 40 degrees outside and windy so it wasn't the most pleasant! I kept looking at wait times and noticing EE was showing as down for a good chunk of our wait. I don't know what that situation was but it was so so cold we pretty much were done after Avatar. We went to find the mickey bar stands and went up to an open regular food cart asking if that's where we got the free ice cream and she said they didn't do that anymore? I was cold and tired and didn't question it so we left but it sounds like free Mickey bars were going strong still! Lol.

If we wouldn't have been exhausted from a 5:45 start to our day to get ROR boarding groups and of it wasn't 39 degrees out we maybe would have had a better experience.

We had a great time. Free event and free food. Only other character that hasn't been listed yet was Kevin. We didnt look for him but he was on the sheet.

We checked in at BLT about 630 then Left the resort about 7-730.

We figured people would leave early so we waited on FoP until about 1030-1100. Went on twice as waits less than 15 minutes. EE was down most of night. About 1130 it was up and running so we went over and rode twice.

Only "complaint" was that to order dinner they had to do one order at a time. There were 4 of us so had to do 4 orders then wait for each individual order at the counter. CMs looked stressed as they tried to collect the orders. Some people were getting unruly which is sad as the the thing was free and wasn't the CMs fault.

This was our 2nd event. I think they are great but wouldn't plan my vacation around them. But given how busy WDW was this week this gave us extra time to explore pandora and ride the two rides without waiting.

I think they are great but wouldn't plan my vacation around them.
This is exactly how my husband and I feel. We have always enjoyed MM, and we have just happened to be lucky that they schedule MMs over our trips (even if all are AK so far, we like AK so it's fine, although one day I hope to do MKMM and meet Megara). I would never schedule a trip specifically to attend MM though.

Was great, free food and snacks with limited wait times. Never walked through FOP standard line so that was cool. Was very cold, but a few warm ups at Tiffin’s bar helped. Happened to be going on while we were there anyway. Agree might not be worth a special trip, but a definite bonus if you are there anyway!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!