Anyone book TDR hotel thru DVC?

atheneze

Earning My Ears
I need some guidance. We are looking to go on the last week of February 2018 and wondering how booking thru DVC works. Are there any benefits from booking thru DVC? Thanks in advance.

I looked a few years ago about how many points it would cost per night. It was a ridiculous amount back then. You might be better to rent your points and use that money to just pay cash for your room.

We did this last April 2017. There are no specific DVC rooms or villas; it is just like using points for a regular room. We found the point rate to be comparable to using points at Disneyland, Anaheim. Not a lot of value for the point amount, but if you have the points to use, then it may be worth it. We could never have afforded to stay there otherwise. We needed to use our points (we live in Japan), and this was the closest park for us. You do get all the benefits of staying in the hotel: early entry (only 15 minutes) and free Monorail passes which normally cost for non-Resort guests. It is one of the most beautiful hotels I have ever seen anywhere, and if you can make it happen, then you should! I hope this helps, good luck!

I need some guidance. We are looking to go on the last week of February 2018 and wondering how booking thru DVC works. Are there any benefits from booking thru DVC? Thanks in advance.

We are going next month and I decided to use my points to book us a room for 4 nights. It isn't the greatest use of points, but this trip is expensive, and this was one less cost for us. We ended up with a Donald Duck room at the Ambassador for 4 nights using 288 points. I would have preferred staying at the Disneyland Hotel, but this was all that was left. My advice is to call DVC to make the reservation exactly 6 months from the check in date. I waited 3 days and this is what was left. I think the points for the room I was looking at for the DLH would have been less, but still over 200.

My 100 point per year contract means I won't be using my points again anytime soon, lol. But I am local to WDW, so that isn't an issue for me.
Note if you are going to get the travel insurance and your points used are from more than 1 use year, you would get insurance for each use year (in my case 3).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter