Anyone buy BCV direct recently?

schoen

DIS Veteran
I contacted my sales agent in May about purchasing 150 points at BCV. He let me know that it might be hard to get, and that he would watch out for it. I have not heard from him since. I am fairly patient, but I am wondering if it is worthwhile for me to contact him again? Or is it literally just impossible at the moment? I do have a specific use year in mind, so that is making it even harder to get.

I have been watching the resale market too, and it seems like they are even a bit tough to come by there as well. I am just interested in anyone's experiences!

TIA!

It's literally an issue. There is no waitlist, and they only get points via ROFR. It's all luck at this point.

I actually feel like I've seen more BCV out there via resale lately. What use year are you looking for? I'd be calling my guide every few weeks especially if I saw a resale contract that I'd missed out on. They should be ROFRing for people willing to buy direct. Also, if you're willing to piece it together, there were a bunch of small contracts recently. I'd let my guide know I'll take whatever he can get when he gets it.

With resale prices for BCV being only about $30 below direct cost for Disney, I would imagine they are ROFRing less contracts. It is not worth the time and effort compared to bigger spreads at other resorts. Until either resale prices drop (less likely), or Disney rises direct sale prices (very likely in my opinion), I imagine it will be hard to get BCV via direct sale.

I contacted my sales agent in May about purchasing 150 points at BCV. He let me know that it might be hard to get, and that he would watch out for it. I have not heard from him since. I am fairly patient, but I am wondering if it is worthwhile for me to contact him again? Or is it literally just impossible at the moment? I do have a specific use year in mind, so that is making it even harder to get.

I have been watching the resale market too, and it seems like they are even a bit tough to come by there as well. I am just interested in anyone's experiences!

TIA!

squeaky wheel gets the grease. Call and/or email your agent more often. I had to do that last year. If you call him weekly, then he'll eventually realize you're serious about BCV and BCV only, and will be more likely to check for it even when you don't call.

Last edited:

TIA!
I tried a few months back to add 25 points at BCV with an April use year. Nearly impossible...after a lot of calls they agreed to add me to an informal waitlist for both BCV and VGF. VGF came available first and I bought 25 there. They asked if I wanted to keep my BCV waitlist and I said no. Waitlist is possible...you just need to insist on being added.

I spoke to my guide about buying a small BCV add on a few days ago and he told me the "the wait list is years long" so I would not be able to buy any through them. Seems it depends on who your guide is if they want to help you with BCV or not.

I spoke to my guide about buying a small BCV add on a few days ago and he told me the "the wait list is years long" so I would not be able to buy any through them. Seems it depends on who your guide is if they want to help you with BCV or not.
Exactly...after not hearing back from my guide with multiple emails and calls I asked to speak to a supervisor and asked why they were refusing to take my money. Surprisingly that afternoon they assigned me a new guide and put me on an unofficial waitlist. Took about two weeks to get the points at VGF.

Also, BCV has been around for awhile now, so most of the Direct Purchases have been paid in full, so there are few foreclosures by DVC. As opposed to VGF which is still fairly new and people are still paying their loans off.

Also, BCV has been around for awhile now, so most of the Direct Purchases have been paid in full, so there are few foreclosures by DVC. As opposed to VGF which is still fairly new and people are still paying their loans off.
Good point. Never thought about that.

We finally did our official tour at the DLR office at the beginning of June. We really wanted VGC but were told that was basically impossible. We decided BCV would be our next choice and were offered points. Somehow in a matter of an hour, there was an issue and we were no longer able to purchase the BCV points (I think maybe our guide took too long and someone else grabbed them???). We waited several weeks checking in frequently until I got a call one day from our guide saying she had our VGC points. I was thrilled but dumbfounded that the seemingly impossible points became available! All that to say that it seems as though BCV has become the most difficult resort to purchase direct. We fortunately found a perfect BCV resale contract and grabbed it just before the prices skyrocketed. I definitely recommend stalking all the resale sites as often as possible.

I am one of the lucky few - we just asked for and got a 50 point contract (use year August) on Monday. We just finished a resale DVC purchase at BRV and knew we would purchase a small amount direct. Our main choices were going to be OKW or some additional points for BRV. We figured sometime in the future we would try a BCV resale - but as we thought about the price differences between direct and resale, BCV made more sense if we could get it. So when I called I said we'd take any use year, our guide came back saying they had 75 for August available. I said we really only wanted 50 and yes, we would pay right then. Viola - it worked! Really was not expecting it to - but we must have called at the right time. Our BRV use year is December, but the BCV points will only be used for there, so any use year was what I felt I had to be willing to do in order to get this direct.

Good luck - our guide did make it clear to get BCV required constantly asking and for him to keep checking on a daily basis - no waitlist available.

I called about a 25 pt add-on to my existing BCV contract and had them purchased within 15 minutes. My guide did seem honestly surprised they were available, but I'm wondering if it has something to do with my use year? Mine is March which means I have to bank 2017 points by the end of this month (October). I don't have a very thorough understanding of how Disney can repackage points, but it would make sense to me that they wouldn't sell 2017 points that weren't eligible to be banked and therefor only good for 5 months, right? So possibly the best time to try and get points is the banking-cutoff month for your use year? Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems crazy that I could get points the first time I ever called.

I called about a 25 pt add-on to my existing BCV contract and had them purchased within 15 minutes. My guide did seem honestly surprised they were available, but I'm wondering if it has something to do with my use year? Mine is March which means I have to bank 2017 points by the end of this month (October). I don't have a very thorough understanding of how Disney can repackage points, but it would make sense to me that they wouldn't sell 2017 points that weren't eligible to be banked and therefor only good for 5 months, right? So possibly the best time to try and get points is the banking-cutoff month for your use year? Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems crazy that I could get points the first time I ever called.

if you buy direct, they will bank your points well past the banking window. Last year, I bought BCV with a DEC UY around this time and they banked them no problem.

Hmm. Guess I should keep trying. I had one of the guides checking everyday for 75 points in any UY (this contract will be just me w/o the ex, so I am not required to stick to either of our previous contract UY) on my cruise the first week of October and they never came available. Problem is I only really want to spend the money when I am at Disney, so probably won't remember to check again until I'm at the parks next month. :upsidedow

We were able to purchase some BCV direct today. We were put on an informal wait list after asking many times and were told it would take a long time. Well, within about 2 weeks were called back and offered points. It wasn't the right amount so we stayed on the wait list. Then 4 days later they called and had all the points! I couldn't believe it. So bizarre how they handle the BCV points direct really.

We were able to purchase some BCV direct today. We were put on an informal wait list after asking many times and were told it would take a long time. Well, within about 2 weeks were called back and offered points. It wasn't the right amount so we stayed on the wait list. Then 4 days later they called and had all the points! I couldn't believe it. So bizarre how they handle the BCV points direct really.
what UY?

We were first offered October but ended up buying June UY.

Ugh - this makes me mad! I was told there is no waitlist for BCV and my guide would just have to keep checking randomly and get lucky. I've been waiting for 32 points with an Oct. UY and nothing for almost 2 months. It sounds like they were available but I'm sure I missed them by now. :( Congrats to you, though!

Ugh - this makes me mad! I was told there is no waitlist for BCV and my guide would just have to keep checking randomly and get lucky. I've been waiting for 32 points with an Oct. UY and nothing for almost 2 months. It sounds like they were available but I'm sure I missed them by now. :( Congrats to you, though!
Thank you. You should keep calling and asking about being put on the waitlist. We asked our guide about it probably 3 times before he finally "squeezed us on the waitlist ".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!