Anyone compared Walkers standard evc with the Heavy Duty Model?

freemore

Mouseketeer
I went to my local medical place at home today and tried driving the ecvs!!I loved it! However, because of my back problems one of the 4 I tried was great and the others hurt my back. The ones they had had adjustable arms that would widen which was great for me because I have wide hips. When I called Walkers and told them my weight and height they said a standard skooter should do well for me. But they don't have adjustable arms. The seats are 18 wide for the standard. The heavy duty chair they said was the exact same chair except it had 22 wide seats and the platform was stronger for extra weight. The cost difference is only $9.00 a day. I was wondering if anyone had tried both types of scooters and what experiences they had with them. And also wondered if anyone else tried other companys that had more comfortable chairs that maybe had adjustable arms? I am 5'6" and 225# hoping to lose weight by December but wise enoughto know that might not happen or even make a difference here. Thanks for your replys.

Lene

The supports for the arms are adjustable for their width. I have never checked to see how widen they go. However, on mine keep the arms almost as close in as possible (I am 6'2" at 280#) and that is for the standard ECV.

Thank you Chesire! Are you saying that you rent at Walkers and the arms are adjustable? The assistant there told me that the arms on their ecv's were not adjustable.

Thanks for your reply!

Lene

I don't know about their current ones, but I bought a used one from them last September. On the back of the seat are two large threaded knobs which allow moving the arms in or out.

Not this is the side arms and not the handlebars.

Our ECV which is an older model has the adjustable arms. However, we just took them off, they were not comfortable, and were in the way more than they helped.

Carol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter