Anyone deal with SAD?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
I am really hating the fact that the day light hours are getting shorter and shorter now, I can really feel it. And the clocks aren't even set back yet. I hate that I get like this every Fall now, it doesn't make sense. And I am also missing my grown daughter who moved out of our house here recently (as normal young adults do) and I think that will just add to my sadness at night now. I used to not ever deal with this. It seems like it hit me around age 40-42. I am going to have to get on some medication that I can take probably around 3-4 p.m. to help with symptoms of this before we wind our clocks back.

I don't think I have full-blown SAD, but I am definitely affected by the lack of sunlight. The shorter days, or even too many rainy days in a row, just sap my energy.

I have one of these, and actually used it yesterday:
Daylight Lamp - Bed, Bath & Beyond

Also, try upping your Vitamin D.

I don't think I have full-blown SAD, but I am definitely affected by the lack of sunlight. The shorter days, or even too many rainy days in a row, just sap my energy.

I have one of these, and actually used it yesterday:
Daylight Lamp - Bed, Bath & Beyond

Also, try upping your Vitamin D.
Mine is not full blown either, but I can tell I have some of the signs of it. I will look at more vitamin D.

When I was going through puberty it was definitely a thing and my winters were depressing. Not sure if you can grow out of it, but it effects me less than it used to.

Yes on the lamp, yes on the vitamin D, but also go outside for some actual sunlight, even when the sun isn't shining. To me it helps to keep moving and to go out for walks. When it rains, go anyway, bring an umbrella.

I definitely have always felt it at this time of year.

I know it isn’t good, but I tan 2x a week, for ten minutes. It honestly feels good on my bones, and in head also.

I think that lamp is a great idea!

Yeah, I have it too. I really feel it on the dark, cloudy days; my mood is noticeably better when the sun is out.

I find the best thing for me is to get outside every day. Even if it’s only for 30-60 minutes, it helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!