Anyone drive from AZ??

Jager_mom

Mouseketeer
I was just wondering if anyone from Arizona had driven to Dl lately and if you could tell me how much you set aside for gas money?

TIA

We used to live in Glendale Arizona (northwest of Phoenix), and we drove to DL three times while living there.

Since it's only about a 5 hour drive, and depending on your vehicle, you could make it over on one tank of gas, and then back on one tank of gas. But, to play it safe, I would make one stop going and coming to top off the tank so you don't find yourselves with an almost empty tank and no gas station in site. Palm Springs would be a good mid-point place to stop for a fill up and to stretch your legs a bit.

Also, you didn't mention how much driving you're planning on doing once you get to DL. Are you spending your entire vaction at the DL resort and therefore you won't be driving your car at all? Or, are you planning on going to other places as well like the beach, Hollywood, Universal, San Diego, etc?

Overall, Arizona is not that far from DL, and assuming you'd be leaving with a full tank of gas, I would plan on about $150 gas money unless you plan on doing lots of driving once you get there.

Have a great time! :sunny:

Well on the 22nd of Sept we are leaving Flagstaff and driving to Oceanside, Ca where we will be staying free at MIL's timeshare resort, Sunday the 24th we are driving to Dl and back, tuesday we are drinving to DL and back,, Wednesday we are driving to Seaworld and back, Thursday we are driving to Dl and back and then on Sat we are driving from Oceanside to Flagstaff.

I know it's a lot of driving ;)

Jager_mom said:
Well on the 22nd of Sept we are leaving Flagstaff and driving to Oceanside, Ca where we will be staying free at MIL's timeshare resort, Sunday the 24th we are driving to Dl and back, tuesday we are drinving to DL and back,, Wednesday we are driving to Seaworld and back, Thursday we are driving to Dl and back and then on Sat we are driving from Oceanside to Flagstaff.

I know it's a lot of driving ;)
Holy Moly!!! :car: :eek: :drive: :worship:

Wowwy, wow, wow, wow and..........Ouch! Well, you probably know better than me then. I'd guess that you'd want to set aside $500.00 for gas money with that much driving. What's your estimation? Have you actually added up all the miles you think you'll be traveling? That may help in determining how much gas money you'll need.

Good luck and again hope you have a great time! :sunny:

We live in Mesa, AZ. We usually leave with a full tank so, that usually depends on how much it is. Give or take about 34.00.
We stop in Blythe and go to the AM/PM for gas it is way cheaper than the other 3 gas stations in Blythe right off of the freeway. Then we don't fill up again until Los Angeles which is our first stop and then it's about the same amount as back home because we haven't used up the whole tank. It really just depends on how much gas you use.
Here is a website that I found that can help you calculate:

http://www.fuelcostcalculator.com/

We always stop in Quartzsite right before the CA border and fill up. We find it cheaper than Blythe. We start with a full tank, fill up there, and then fill up there when we come back. We don't do a lot of driving though when we are at Disneyland.

I agree that adding up the miles would give you a better estimate. Then go to: www.gasbuddy.com and hope that people have posted recent gas prices so you can see where the best deals are around the area. It is very helpful for those out of town.

Usually we start with a full tank fill up right into the california border and then when we come back we fill up there again. We hate being in the car though we are debating if we should fly or not when we go next!

Hi! I returned home last night from my trip. Gas for trip from Prescott to Anaheim, some driving around Anaheim for various shopping trips, day trip from Anaheim to Hollywood, then to beach at Santa Monica & back to Anaheim, finally Anaheim back to Prescott came to right around $100. I drive a 2005 Accord and got an average of 28 mpg. Hope this helps!

Can't help you too much.We live a tad further away,Tucson. "Depending on driving habits,weight of vechicle,cargo(the moon & the stars),Your milage may vary". ;) We're going in Sept. and going to ballpark $200.00.(My new "evil" suv,sorry "station wagon " gets approx.17 mpg @ hwy speed. :moped:

(damn i remember when we would budget $80.00) :guilty:

I added up all the miles, they come up to about 1400 and talked to my hubby about gas milage my jeep gets and how much it takes to fill the tank and I am going to ballpark about 300 for gas for the whole trip....of corse I will have extra but that's just so I know how much we have to have for gas alone.

Thanks for all the help everybody :thumbsup2

if you use microsoft streets and trips to plan your journey and where you are going to. You can put in how much you expect to pay for gas. size of tank and average speed. we find this to be very helpful...

it even prints you road maps and time frames.

darph nader said:
Can't help you too much.We live a tad further away,Tucson. "Depending on driving habits,weight of vechicle,cargo(the moon & the stars),Your milage may vary". ;) We're going in Sept. and going to ballpark $200.00.(My new "evil" suv,sorry "station wagon " gets approx.17 mpg @ hwy speed. :moped:

(damn i remember when we would budget $80.00) :guilty:

Have you driven it from Tucson before?? We are headed that way in Dec and were wondering the approximate drive time also.

We just got back last night, too :guilty: . Gas is about .20 more per gallon once you cross the border into California so I would fill up before leaving AZ, then fill up just before crossing the border into CA. That should give you enough for awhile, possibly the rest of the trip, then fill up again after crossing back into AZ.

jwsqrdplus2 said:
Have you driven it from Tucson before?? We are headed that way in Dec and were wondering the approximate drive time also.

Hi, we drive it from Tucson all the time, most recently in June. It takes about 6 hours with minimal stops for us to drive it. Depending on the time of day, we may bypass PHX by taking 8 to 85 and catching back with I-10 at bullseye. Becareful with that route because sometimes there is construction on 85.

We stop for gas in Quartzsite and then if lunch time in Indio for In & Out burger.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter