Anyone else get the "Disney Rash" on their legs?

A dermatologist told me to use Sarna anti itch lotion ad it cleared the rash up in a few days. I found it at a pharmacy in the foot care section. Now that I know I will be taking it on each trip.

She explained that powders keep your feet dry and help chafing but the lotion soothes and moisturized and prevents the irritation from sweaty socks rubbing your legs

I get this rash just around my ankles on every trip I make to Disney. It's usually worse on my right ankle and so itchy. Then when you scratch too much it starts to sting. Last time I went to the First Aid Station and they gave me some cream that worked great. I never wear socks, only flip flops when I'm on vacation.

Like others have said, yours sounds like heat rash.
However, if it is more orangey/rust colored it might be purpura which is linked to skin disorders, so if you still see it when you get home get it checked out. :)

Oh my! I thought it was just me! Than, you for posting this. I got this on our last trip, the first one where it was really hot. It never happened on our previous eight trips. Only this one where it was near 100 degrees. Only lower legs above the sock line. hydrocortisone cream helped and it cleared up when I got home.

I always get this rash at Disney, which started when I was five years old. I'm now 46. I do believe it's a combination of walking in the heat and moisture. I finally discovered the ONLY treatment that actually works after trying all sorts of creams, etc. An over-the-counter lotion called Sarna First Aid Sensitive Anti-Itch Lotion (you can also get cheaper store brands) is a God send. Each night when I return to my resort, I will wash the area with soap and cool water and pat dry. Then I apply a fairly liberal amount of the Sarna lotion and let it absorb as I prop my tired feet up. I was last at Disney in April of 2016 and doing this each night and applying it each morning as well prevented my rash from becoming more than a bit of speckling whereas in years past, it was quite a large, angry-looking rash. I HIGHLY recommend using this product, but save a few bucks and get the store brand.

I've suffered with this rash for 26 years for any trips to Disney World that occur during the heat of Spring, Summer and Fall. I've been searching for a way to prevent it. Just got back from my June trip and I think I've found it--Compression Tights. I wore the Xensah XT brand. They are similar to leggings. I was wary at first, thinking I would smother from the heat. However, it was very surprising. I walked in Epcot, MK, and Animal Kingdom with over 90 degree heat and 85% humidity from 8 until 4. No rash developed. Legs remained cool. Awesome!

I've suffered with this rash for 26 years for any trips to Disney World that occur during the heat of Spring, Summer and Fall. I've been searching for a way to prevent it. Just got back from my June trip and I think I've found it--Compression Tights. I wore the Xensah XT brand. They are similar to leggings. I was wary at first, thinking I would smother from the heat. However, it was very surprising. I walked in Epcot, MK, and Animal Kingdom with over 90 degree heat and 85% humidity from 8 until 4. No rash developed. Legs remained cool. Awesome!
do you have a picture of the leggings? I have heard compression socks but I'm heavy and think leggings might make my feel and ankles swell.. thanks

I was in Animal Kingdom today and saw someone who had quite a case of "Disney rash"-on one leg only. Has this ever happened to anyone else, getting the rash on just one leg?
yes, I have gotten worse on one leg than the other, I also have permanent scarring from it. my legs look freckled from one time when I had it so severe

I just got this rash for the first time. I have been to Disney over 30 times and just got back last night and low and behold....THERE IT WAS. I am going to go back and read these pages.

Thank goodness for this thread’s high google page rank. I was a bit concerned when I saw this show up on my ankle after a long day at the Animal Kingdom on Monday. My trip ended yesterday and now I’m at home with my feet up not worrying about it.

Last edited:
I don't get a rash on my legs but maybe that's because I always wear long pants. However, I do always get a rash on my wrists/arms which are exposed. Little red prickley bumps. I always thought it was a reaction to the detergent or something but I guess i'ts just the heat/humidity? I wonder if I would get the same rash on my legs if I wore shorts all day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter