Anyone else have Plantar Fasciitis? What shoes do you wear to DL? Tips?

Thanks everyone. I usually wear New Balance and Asics daily. Have arch supports from my foot doctor and all that. I used to run outside (which is how this all started) but now just walk. Haven't been to DL since this all started and am nervous. Sounds like I am on a good path. Was not planning to bring more than a pair, but will bring two just incase and some tape! Thank you all again.
Good luck and I hope you are pain free:)

I personally like to wear Dr Scholls inserts in boots or closed shoes, and just make sure any sandals are super supportive. If I can, I prefer to wear a pair of Brooks running shoes - not sure what model - but my feet always feel like I'm on a cloud during and after! I used to put them on first thing in the morning when my foot pain was at its worst. Thankfully it's improved a bit. I'm 27 but gone are the days I can wear basic ballet flats or flip flops, sadly! Should have listened to my mom LOL.

One tip, maybe not at the parks, but at home - freeze a water bottle and put it on the floor. Roll it under your arch to stretch it out. :)

My husband who had SEVERE plantar fascitits when we went, swore oofos saved his feet. When we go next week, even though it's mostly gone, he's wearing them again.

I don’t have PF but my feet hurt after walking over 10 miles a day in the parks (as I imagine most people’s do!) and I swear by Keen Clearwater CNX’s. Breathable sandal and still have a back strap. Look good and have great support. Mine were around $90 and I’ve used them for 6 Disney trips now and there is no sign of them wearing out - in fact they still look new!

Hi everyone. I have Plantar Fasciitis and have a really hard time being on my feet all day. We are going to Disneyland for 5 days and I was wondering if anyone has any tips on how to make this work? Really dont want to rent a scooter as it will be the SUPER PACKED after Christmas time we are going. Plus it is me and my 2 kids, so yeah. Being in a scooter is not optimal.

If you have PF what shoes do you wear in the parks? I really want to get a new pair of shoes (would for sure break them in before the trip). I just have not had great luck lately finding shoes that don't leave me in pain at the end of the day.

I appreciate any tips you can give me, thank you!
I had PF for six years. I went to Khi-Hara stretching which is resistance based stretching and did four sessions. I haven't had it since. The therapist spent most of the time working on my lower calf and achilles areas and it's amazing. Good luck. Otherwise I avoided sitting down when I was there and had PF because no matter how good my shoes and inserts were when I was there, my feet killed me when I got up. I hope you find your cure.

I've had killer PF for 10 years. I wear FitFlops, mostly, and they help so much. At Disneyland I will wear my Asics if I'm wearing pants, but mostly just wear the FitFlops.

Also look into a turmeric food supplement (not buying pills) called Golden Paste to reduce inflammation and pain. The last time I had a PF flair up, 3 years ago, I could barely walk at all. I started taking Golden Paste and I'm fine on my feet all the time now! Much better for your liver, too!
https://www.turmericlife.com.au/blogs/recipes/turmeric-recipes-golden-paste

Last edited:

I know there are a zillion options, and I tried many of them, but these are what finally healed my plantar fasciitis for good:

https://heelthatpain.com/

The blue ones. I've loaned them to friends (disinfected, LOL), and they've had success too.

Good luck!

I highly recommend either going to a physical therapist or looking up stretches online. They saved me! I had it last year when we went to Disneyland. I found that as long as I kept stretching it was tolerable. I also bought compression arch support socks. I literally couldn't walk the week before our trip. You need to get some new shoes, sturdy ones that don't have much bend or give, and some good insoles. I bought sol brand from my podiatrist but super feet are good as well. When we went literally while waiting in line I would find a wall or a pole I could lean into and I would stretch. It really helped. Frozen water bottle rolled under your arch is great. But stretching, must stretch out your calf and foot. If you don't have a freeze in your room take a tennis ball and use that. Good luck. I feel your pain, it truly does hurt.

I highly recommend either going to a physical therapist or looking up stretches online. They saved me! I had it last year when we went to Disneyland. I found that as long as I kept stretching it was tolerable. I also bought compression arch support socks. I literally couldn't walk the week before our trip. You need to get some new shoes, sturdy ones that don't have much bend or give, and some good insoles. I bought sol brand from my podiatrist but super feet are good as well. When we went literally while waiting in line I would find a wall or a pole I could lean into and I would stretch. It really helped. Frozen water bottle rolled under your arch is great. But stretching, must stretch out your calf and foot. If you don't have a freeze in your room take a tennis ball and use that. Good luck. I feel your pain, it truly does hurt.

I think inserts work for some, but for me it was all of the stretching that finally worked. I agree with this post and I too stretch my calves and feet at every opportunity.

I know there are a zillion options, and I tried many of them, but these are what finally healed my plantar fasciitis for good:

https://heelthatpain.com/

The blue ones. I've loaned them to friends (disinfected, LOL), and they've had success too.

Good luck!

I just wanted to say that I bought some of these after you mentioned them here to give them a go and they've definitely helped me! I wouldn't say i'm 100% better, but i'd definitely say like 75%. I've been wearing them for a few weeks now and for me it definitely took some time for my feet to get used to them. The first week or so they almost made my pain worse. Hoping that with continued use i'll get to that 100% mark. Oddly enough it's also helped my knee pain that I had.

I just wanted to say that I bought some of these after you mentioned them here to give them a go and they've definitely helped me! I wouldn't say i'm 100% better, but i'd definitely say like 75%. I've been wearing them for a few weeks now and for me it definitely took some time for my feet to get used to them. The first week or so they almost made my pain worse. Hoping that with continued use i'll get to that 100% mark. Oddly enough it's also helped my knee pain that I had.

I ordered a pair as well. Hoping for the best (should be here soon). :) Thanks for the recommendation Lurpee and for the confirmation pblack! Hope they work for me too!

I am soooo happy to hear that! There are so many options and different things might be helpful for different people. I'm so pleased it worked somewhat for you. I did continue to use them and even when I felt a slight flare up I would use them again. It was almost the massaging feel that seemed to alleviate it. Thanks for letting me know!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter