Anyone else having issues with My Disney Experience?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am so angry with Disney!!!! Tried to make FP for my son this morning. Went to make them and the site claims that I don't have his girlfriends ticket linked. I know I did but ok grabbed the tickets typed in the number and it tells me both tickets are already linked! Only his shows up though and it won't let me book anything. Call in and told 90 minute wait. So glad this will be our last trip for a couple of years! Letting our AP expire this year Can someone please give me the email address to write a complaint too. So done with this nonsense.
Hey there,

Disney has advised us that the best way for you to get the help you need is to contact them via email at wdw.helpdesk@disneyworld.com. Be sure to include your name, email address, phone number, and a brief description of the issue so a Cast Member can best assist you.

Thanks!

Just checked all my magic bands are back, but everyone in my group but mine went to default grey . At least we have a month to customize again.

Yes. My last lingering issue with this has been my MagicBands. For a long time I was getting an error "We are unable to display certain MagicBand details at this time" and only saw my older MagicBands, not my current order.

This JUST (like, as of 5 minutes ago) sort of fixed itself for me...I updated something random in my online check-in (specifically identifying a PIN for one of my party) and the next time I checked the MagicBand screen, poof, it worked and I could customize and check my order.

HOWEVER, it only displays my MagicBand and not my mother's, which I 100% have seen on the screen before and already customized. So, it's half-fixed. I just took some screenshots and sent them to the Disney email provided above. I figure it's worth a shot. I specifically asked them to reassure me that hers would ship on time/be customized/actually show on my MDE account at some point before our trip.

It's just funny, I wouldn't care if mine was the missing one as I have multiple back-up MB's. But she hasn't been since 2004 and I just don't want that to be a hassle when we should be celebrating 30 days out tomorrow!

This is our problem as well. It's only showing my MB and not my family's. OF COURSE, I am the one in the family who runs multiple Disney races a year with local friends, and so I have a collection of recent bands to choose from. My kids and husband haven't been in a year and a half (not as bad as 2004!) and I can't even hazard a guess where those bands might be in the house.... Also, for my 6 and 8 year old kids, customizing MBs is their biggest and favorite planning decision. :rotfl2:

Hey there,

Disney has advised us that the best way for you to get the help you need is to contact them via email at wdw.helpdesk@disneyworld.com. Be sure to include your name, email address, phone number, and a brief description of the issue so a Cast Member can best assist you.

Thanks!
Yes thank you. After wasting my entire morning on the phone yesterday I hope it is straightened out. That is the email that the CM directed me to. I was very calm and nice with the CM but I have been around a long time and have never called a company and been told there would be over a 2 hour wait!! Disney needs to take some of thier profits and hire some more IT workers at the bare minimum! It's not as if this is a one time thing.

The hopper pass I purchased for my Mom still hasn’t shown up in MDE. When I try to link it, I receive the messsge that it is already linked to an account.

I emailed details of our situation to the help desk, but haven’t heard anything back, nor have I seen any results. With email, they can “get it it when they get to it,” and you have no idea when that will be, or if your email has been “lost.” At least when you call, you can have your issue addressed then and there. It may be worth two hours on hold to have that peace of mind.

It was never this bad. They should be embarrassed but like everything else with their recent business practices they really don't care. It's obvious. When I login to the MDE app it says I have no plans. I made them 3 months ago. The APP takes forever to load too. When I login to the web site, only some of them show up. I try to link them with the confirmation number they emailed me, but still can't get them to show up in MDE. I work in IT and if this happened in my company heads would roll. It would be fixed immediately no questions asked. No one would sleep until it was. The guest is no longer a priority at Disney although they still want your money.

I am beginning to fear the worst for next week. I am scheduled to make fast pass selections Tuesday morning. up until about a week ago everything was fine in our MDE account. We have two rooms at all star movies because me and my wife our two adult daughters and 15-year-old nephew are all going. I have purchased tickets made all of our Adr’s and everything is set to go except for fast pass selections. Now only one room will show in my own line MDE account. Nothing shows on the app. And if I log on via the computer only one room shows up with my name and my wife’s name. Our nephew who was assigned to that room does not show up and the other room with our two daughters is no longer linked. I have tried to link the rooms back together and the system will not let me. It only shows tickets for my wife and I, none for our nephew in the same room, and none for our daughters. I have sent an email as stated above with no response. I will call again tomorrow. But I am afraid our fast pass window will come and go and we will be stuck without any fast passes.

Yesterday, MDE was still all wonky and showing four resort reservations, nine tickets and no ability to customize magic bands. It was the same way this morning. I just logged on and everything is fixed. Now let's just hope it stays that way!

I now see my friends and family again, but not their Dolphin reservations, nor the Dining reservations in their name (that I'm not on) Otherwise, I think I'm pretty close to being back...

All that is there now that should not be is Disney Springs reservations for this October. I will call and have them dropped off.

I called the IT helpdesk last Monday (09/17/18) to report my issues. I received an email from Disney this morning, indicating my issues were corrected and to review MDE to verify everything was back. Fortunately, all of my friends and family, tickets, fastpasses, dining has been restored. The family that dropped off, was added back to the system as "infants" so I had to adjust their ages and add birth dates back in and I had to re-associate a character avatar to their profile. I had customized Magic Bands months ago and my window is closed so I'm hopeful that our customization wasn't lost.

I had received emails noting they were working on my problems. I tried to log on to the app later and it said my password was incorrect. I know it was not, but decided to reset anyway. When I received email with link to reset password, I saw that a user name was listed instead of my email that I always use to logon. Then I remembered several years ago there was an issue where it looked like the system had somehow split my account into two accounts, one with user name other with email. When I logged on to the user name, I can now see my reservation and all adrs. Funny part is my magic band order is only on the email name one. Fortunately DH is linked on both and i can make my fastpasses on Friday.

I am glad to report a happy resolution to our MDE issues :thumbsup2. I had emailed the help desk last Thursday about my mom’s newly purchased hopper pass that never showed up in MDE. On Sunday I received a stock email in return that talked about the “Magical Enhancements” and advised that some issues would self-correct in time. I immediately checked my MDE, and lo and behold, the lost ticket was right there! :wizard:

Today I got a follow-up call from the help desk saying that they had looked at my account and “changed a security setting” to get everything working properly. Fingers crossed that it lasts until our fastpass day on October 7!:shamrock:

My MDE is still screwed up. And they have a new ticketing system using this messed up platform.

Last trip to Disney. Next time we are going to Universal.

Good news for us; the bug in our reservation has been corrected automatically (without us having to call / mail). :-)

7:02 am The system says all fast passes for all parks for the entire week after Thanksgiving have been distributed. By 715 it would not load the page. At 7:20 all guest in my party were no longer showing up. Now it’s back to saying that it cannot load the page for fast passes. That has been my morning experience so far.

Update. 7:49 am. All members of the party are now showing back up. However the system still says all fast passes for the entire week have been distributed.

7:55 Now the system goes back and forth between saying it can not load the page and saying all Fast Passes have concluded.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter