Anyone else having problems with the Disney website?

Just as an update, I got a hold of a Disney agent on the phone to try to book my FPs this way, and even their administrative portal (which is a separate system from the website) is down, so they can't help with booking anything. He doesn't even think when the parks open this morning the kiosks will work if the system is still down. But he said IT is working on it.

So I guess we just need to spend the day clicking refresh to see when it's back up!

Just as an update, I got a hold of a Disney agent on the phone to try to book my FPs this way, and even their administrative portal (which is a separate system from the website) is down, so they can't help with booking anything. He doesn't even think when the parks open this morning the kiosks will work if the system is still down. But he said IT is working on it.

So I guess we just need to spend the day clicking refresh to see when it's back up!

Wow, that's extensive. Wonder if they are having some kind of cyberattack. Or is it just the usual Disney IT snafu (such a great acronym)

That's nuts! I was able to log on briefly last night at around 7pm central to check for an open BOG reservation (nothing) but it was down again this morning. Very weird!

still down last night tried to book a hotel would not go though and today tried again same thing....

I've been having these same types of issues on and off for weeks...and yes I'm probably on the website a little too much :o

Oh boy. If FP+s aren't working at the park, let alone the issues guests are having trying to schedule FP and ADRs...Disney better fix it quick, or people are going to be REALLY upset. Riots have probably broken out over less.

Still down. Seeing lots of Stitch this morning when I attempt to search for a SPD offer. It's minor though compared to those of you trying to book FP reservations.

Still down. Seeing lots of Stitch this morning when I attempt to search for a SPD offer. It's minor though compared to those of you trying to book FP reservations.
It's our first trip to WDW and I've been so nervous about getting my FPs (I already know there isn't any FP for FOP on my AK day so really want to make sure I get the rest I planned for). Despite doing all the planning and preparing for the worst, I certainly wasn't expecting the whole system to be down!
I hope it gets back up today though because if it isn't and only up tomorrow, and you have TWO days worth of people trying to book FPs for the week before/of Christmas, it's going to be a disaster and a lot of people will be really upset.

Oh boy. If FP+s aren't working at the park, let alone the issues guests are having trying to schedule FP and ADRs...Disney better fix it quick, or people are going to be REALLY upset. Riots have probably broken out over less.
It happens more than you think.
And really, despite what they say on the phone, the in park FP system and the online booking FP system are not the same.
There are many times when the online booking is down but the in park system is working fine.
But, there are times when the in park system is out and it actually works ok. Sadly (and not surprisingly) it happens enough they have procedures in place

I had a thought about this current upgrade/outage/whateveritis
Wonder if they are adding a feature to book the rooms with a pet stay? I've not even looked at how you do that currently, just assumed you'd have to call right now
All I know is, they did that one upgrade back in what, May or June, and things have been off since. May have even been before that

Glad to know it's not just me.
Pretty happy with all my ADRs and FP+s
Hoping nothing will be lost when it comes back up

Could any other company survive as many website issues as Disney has?
Can you imagine Amazon going down like this? Sorry, can't shop with us today, our site is down. Shoppers would just go elsewhere, Amazon wouldn't have made it (or any other retail type)
But what's a Disney customer to do? Not like they can go elsewhere. There's no elsewhere to go

Could any other company survive as many website issues as Disney has?
Can you imagine Amazon going down like this? Sorry, can't shop with us today, our site is down. Shoppers would just go elsewhere, Amazon wouldn't have made it (or any other retail type)
But what's a Disney customer to do? Not like they can go elsewhere. There's no elsewhere to go

Considering when you're on hold they always are pushing going to the website instead, it's pretty crazy how much it's down.

I am WAY too anxious a person to deal with WDW anymore. By the time you factor in booking the holiday to get availability you want, plus, ADRS at 180, then FP+ at 60 days out. Then the website collapses.
it's too much for my poor burnt out adrenal glands.
having printed out my completed itinerary (including the error I made where we re going to have to ditch Fantasmic because it clashes with the only Sci Fi ADR I could get) I will actually cry if everything is lost.

I am WAY too anxious a person to deal with WDW anymore. By the time you factor in booking the holiday to get availability you want, plus, ADRS at 180, then FP+ at 60 days out. Then the website collapses.
it's too much for my poor burnt out adrenal glands.
having printed out my completed itinerary (including the error I made where we re going to have to ditch Fantasmic because it clashes with the only Sci Fi ADR I could get) I will actually cry if everything is lost.
I wouldn't worry about loosing anything.
This happens so much there is lots of experience with it.
Never have lost a thing after one of these magical enhancements.

Can you imagine Amazon going down like this?

Amazon is a good example of a web service that operates flawlessly, at least it does for me. Another example would be the large hotel chains--Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton. They have thousands of locations, many larger hotels than what WDW has. How do they manage to avoid the problems Disney has?

This is unacceptable and irresponsible. Why don't people complain more about this? It happens ALL the time and this is what people should be sending angry emails about.

ughh I see Port Orleans on Cheaptickets but I don't want to book it until I see if Disney has something else. I don't want to pay a cancellation fee if I go through Cheaptickets and I can get something through the Disney site instead...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter