Anyone else having problems with the Disney website?

I am staying out of MDE until I hear the system is back up and running. I trust my reservations will be there when the site is viewable again. I haven't lost anything in a crash yet.

ughh I see Port Orleans on Cheaptickets but I don't want to book it until I see if Disney has something else. I don't want to pay a cancellation fee if I go through Cheaptickets and I can get something through the Disney site instead...
I have gone through Cheaptickets before. I don't remember there being a cancellation fee if you cancelled like 5-6 days in advance?

Disney resorts on cheaptickets? Hmmm. Might have to go browse....since I can't browse Disney's site!

Could any other company survive as many website issues as Disney has?
Can you imagine Amazon going down like this? Sorry, can't shop with us today, our site is down. Shoppers would just go elsewhere, Amazon wouldn't have made it (or any other retail type)
But what's a Disney customer to do? Not like they can go elsewhere. There's no elsewhere to go

There is Universal Studios.

It happens more than you think.
And really, despite what they say on the phone, the in park FP system and the online booking FP system are not the same.
There are many times when the online booking is down but the in park system is working fine.
But, there are times when the in park system is out and it actually works ok. Sadly (and not surprisingly) it happens enough they have procedures in place

Reading from another thread that the system is down in the parks as well. People that had email confirmations and paper printouts of their ADRs and FP+s are being admitted, accordingly. Everyone else is not. Oh boy....

This is all I see today:
Please Check Back Later
Some of our digital experiences may be unavailable at this time. We're actively working to resolve this issue and provide the best possible Guest experience. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Yep!! just tried again!!! :( I need to make adjustments to my resort reservations! Hopefully they get it fixed soon! Everyone here... keep trying and keep us updated if you get through! Thanks!!

I have gone through Cheaptickets before. I don't remember there being a cancellation fee if you cancelled like 5-6 days in advance?

Disney resorts on cheaptickets? Hmmm. Might have to go browse....since I can't browse Disney's site!

they didn't always have a cancellation fee, but I had read that they do for Disney resorts. I'm not even really sure. ;);)

Reading from another thread that the system is down in the parks as well. People that had email confirmations and paper printouts of their ADRs and FP+s are being admitted, accordingly. Everyone else is not. Oh boy....
I really wouldn't believe everything I read online. They won't refuse to admit someone to an ADR if they don't have a print out or email of their schedule.

CheapTickets and Orbitz both have Disney hotels and if there is a room only discount you see on the Disney site a lot of times you can get that through the other two PLUS whatever their current 15-18% discount is. But you do have to pay all up front and you can't make changes directly through Disney, you have to go through their system which is not always as friendly.

This was still up on the disney site as of 12:17pm EDT

October 19, 2017
Some of our digital experiences may be unavailable at this time. We’re actively working to resolve this issue and provide the best possible Guest experience. We apologize for any inconvenience.

I would imagine that someone at disney is getting an earful right now. Yikes!!

Amazon is a good example of a web service that operates flawlessly, at least it does for me. Another example would be the large hotel chains--Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton. They have thousands of locations, many larger hotels than what WDW has. How do they manage to avoid the problems Disney has?

They don't....says the person who is still waiting months later for Hilton to correct an error they made on a stay, and who has had them open--then close without notification, and without fixing---cases for other problems that I have had with their reservation web site.

But Disney still wins the booby prize for least functional web site.

kind of up? i tried to make a hotel reservation and it just wont take it at the end! so still pretty usless

Website keeps going in and out. Five minutes ago I was able to get into MDE and review my ADRs, itinerary, magicband personalization, etc. Now, it automatically logged me out and gave me Stitch. Wasn't able to add anything to my cart before I got booted either. I figure it's going to be off and on all afternoon, but hopefully they get it ALL straightened out soon.

I briefly managed to get back into my MDE.
I printed out our day by day itinerary. At least I feel like I have proof now if I should ever need such a thing
(and yes, I know, over anxious!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter