Anyone else kinda sad when a waitlist comes through?

Disney st8 of mind

Mouseketeer
I know... seems crazy right? DH and I are going (alone) to F&W for the first time. I booked VWL at 9 months when we decided to go. Then at 7 months waitlisted BCV and BWV because of the distance to Epcot. We just returned Wednesday night from our second stay (first as owners) at VWL and our love for this resort was reaffirmed! Well, Thursday morning I go online and see that our BCV waitlist came through on Wednesday!!! My heart kinda sank a little. We've stayed 3 visits at BCV so we know it's a fine resort and we know it's the best location since our focus is F&W but we just LOVE VWL! It was funny that when my DH came home from work and I told him our waitlist came through his face looked a little sad as well. I know we're going to have fun, but does anyone else ever feel this way?

Can't say I've ever been sad to be within walking distance of the best adult park in WDW ;)

I think I would only feel that way because what I was giving up was VWL. That resort speaks to my soul, (and DH's) in a way none of the others do.

Years ago, I gave up a BWV Grand Villa, because I thought my 40th anniversary trip should be at VWL not at the BWV. Crazy to some, but we were happy!

VB the other "home" I miss.

You are really lucky to have gotten BCV! I'll be there for art of my F&W stay. Weather should be good to enjoy SAB as well as the walk to F&W!

Bobbi:goodvibes

Yes! I get it. ::yes::

I have a 2 night stay at BLT booked and it is perfect for our plans. We've stayed there before and liked it.

But I really, really want to stay at the VGF - it looks so beautiful. I have one VGF night booked and still need the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I have to decide TODAY if I will keep the waitlist or not (due to future plans for the points. It's complicated). :teeth: FWIW, I really don't think my waitlists will work this time and we won't have another chance to try for it until late 2015. :(

I hate to move and either we move twice or I give up on VGF.

I still don't know what I will do, LOL. My DH is NO HELP - he is OK with whatever I decide. I have a feeling whatever happens I will be sad about losing out on the one I don't get. However, I WILL get over that. :teeth:

The good news for both of us is that we will have a wonderful time no matter where we stay, right?

Easy cure: Book a VWL vacation for next year and you can look forward to both! There is something about having the next reservation that puts things in perspective.

Best thing to do is to come work for me, and I will go. :rotfl2:

Easy cure: Book a VWL vacation for next year and you can look forward to both! There is something about having the next reservation that puts things in perspective.

We already have our dates picked out for next year at VWL, now I'm just waiting for the 11th month mark to book it!!!!

I have our last night wait listed for HHI next month. Our alternate plan is to spend a night in Savannah if it does not come through, which is somewhere we have never been. I am torn if I want that night or not.

I was kinda sad today, we werwe're at BWV 1 bedroom 8 nights in 3 weeks, but now my mom is coming so we have 3 adults 2 kids. We got our waitlist at OKW 1 bedroom which is good for thw room, but was looking forward to stayin at BWV...

Actually, the only time I was kind of sad was when I was booked at VWL and waitlisted at BCV. It was for the last night of my stay, which was all at BCV, but for some reason that last night was unavailable so I'd booked VWL and wait listed BCV so I wouldn't have to move. Mostly I was glad not to hae to move when the waitlist came through, but I was looking forward to staying to VWL. In 11 years of DVC membership, we've only stayed at VWL once and had such a terrible experience I ended up dealing with member satisfaction. I've always been looking forward to giving VWL a second chance, and looked forward to that one night stay as their opportunity to redeem themselves with me.

Actually, the only time I was kind of sad was when I was booked at VWL and waitlisted at BCV. It was for the last night of my stay, which was all at BCV, but for some reason that last night was unavailable so I'd booked VWL and wait listed BCV so I wouldn't have to move. Mostly I was glad not to hae to move when the waitlist came through, but I was looking forward to staying to VWL. In 11 years of DVC membership, we've only stayed at VWL once and had such a terrible experience I ended up dealing with member satisfaction. I've always been looking forward to giving VWL a second chance, and looked forward to that one night stay as their opportunity to redeem themselves with me.

Hey, looks like we'll be there at the same time!! I'm so curious as to what went wrong at VWL???!!! We just returned from there and had the best vacation ever!

Hey, looks like we'll be there at the same time!! I'm so curious as to what went wrong at VWL???!!! We just returned from there and had the best vacation ever!

Almost all of it was due to rude CMs there-and it was so many years ago, they've probably been fired! I remember when the front desk manager called me and I described one incident at the front desk, her response was "I bet I know who THAT was!", as if other guests also had complained about him.
Kidani 10/15-10/19 solo, then with DH at BCV 10/19-10/25. Ever since we first discovered the F&W festival 6 years ago, we wouldn't miss it! Also I'm going to a culinary demonstration solo, but I haven't picked which one yet.

Yes, I like my home resorts and although we made the decision to switch it still kinda hurts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter