Anyone else like to take their time with TS Meals @ Disney?

Lynn CC

<font color=blue>DIS Veteran who is a veteran DISe
DH and I went to DL last year with DS, DDIL and 2 grandsons for a week. We did 3 table service meals everyday. We all have severe allergies and the chefs were great.It took some time to talk to the chefs & for them to prepare special meals for all of us. That added to the time as well. My grandsons who were 2 and the oldest tuned 4 while we were there, really seemed to enjoy the long meals. On my grandsons birthday he just wanted everyone to stay and talk he was having a great time. They enjoyed the character meals and the fancier restaurants too. Sometimes the little one had somewhat of a loud voice but it was just mostly because he loves to eat and wanted more food and we were all talking and well he just needed to chime in! I was surprised how good they were.
We took about an hour & 1/2 to 2 hours each meal with a little time for rides in between, pool time. It was a relaxed fun trip for all of us.
Next month at DW we are all meeting again but added to it is another little grandson who is turning 1 there. We did AP's for 2 table service meal each day & DDIL plans on cooking at the hotel,(she got rooms with full kitchens), and taking a swim and nap in the afternoon.
Just wondering if anyone else makes their trips about the food and meals together more than anything else DW has to offer?

Our visits are planned around our meals, but we don't linger. We love to enjoy the different restaurants and foods and such but when the meal is over we move on.

I have booked so many table service meals the past couple months I had to cancel some. The cost is just to much,but there are so many restaurants I want to try.

We don’t feel a need to book a table service every night of our trip. Last trip was 8 days and we did 4 big family meals. They were def a highlight of the trip. And we do take our time particularly when it’s an AYCE. Gotta pace yourself to take advantage. :)

I enjoy the ride portion of our trips and the eating segments as well.
We frequently spend 1 to 2 hours eating and don't feel like it's time misspent.
My days of rushing through calorie consumption are ovah and happy for it, LOL.

We do like our meal times at WDW and book a TS meal evey night, and many times we book either breakfast or lunch. I do not book three meals a day, however.

My family tends to travel as a large group so we begin the day together, hit the same park and may stray off at some point. We either meet back for lunch or at some point for a FP we booked together, but by that time some have straggled back to the resort for the afternoon, either to swim or just relax. When there are enough of us there I'll be a card or board game going on. We all have dinner together and we do not rush. If we are staying Club level we will often gather in the lounge for coffee later in the evening as well, and catch up again.

For my family a vacation is not just the destination, so we are not invested in just park time. WE use the resort as part of our vacation, and dining experiences as well. I love dinner and I love having my family all gathered together over a meal, so dining in DIsney is part of the fun. ADR's tomorrow!!! So we have one more meeting today. You know...because it is about the food! LOL!

We travel with a group of family and friends, and yes we enjoy the parks but it’s also about reconnecting and having fun together. Mornings breakfasts in the villa, ADR’s at good restaurants and like your DDL, cooking/grilling in the villa allows us to share our day’s adventure, share some laughs in a comfortable, relaxed setting. Like you, we take our time at dinner, conversation is an important part of every meal. Gone are the “commando” days, we come more often. We will be there in August for 5 days, a fun sendoff for the kids before heading back to college. Great food, good times ahead.

Last edited:
We are all about the food and like 1-2 TS meals a day. Mostly 2. But we don't like the long slow meal. We are good with 45mins to an hour. No more than that or we'll start to get irked. We are WDW goers and not DL....and at WDW the transport from place to place takes a good bit of time. So if we tried to do three 2 hour TS meals, we'd never get much park time (and we also basically just do our 3 FP+ a day and leave since we are DVC and know we'll be back soon but still would be hard to fit it in with 3 two hour meals and transport). Also, we're conscientious of others waiting for our table (well, DH more so worries about that and always rushes us out once we're done eating...though we have had to wait way past our ADR for a table, looking at you Ohana and Kona, and were not pleased so I'd hate to do that to someone else).

Last edited:
We travel with a group of family and friends, and yes we enjoy the parks but it’s also about reconnecting and having fun together. Mornings breakfasts in the villa, ADR’s at good restaurants and like your DDL, cooking/grilling in the villa allows us to share our day’s adventure, share some laughs in a comfortable, relaxed setting. Like you, we take our time at dinner, conversation is an important part of every meal. Gone are the “commando” days, DVC has afforded us to be able to come more often. We will be there in August for 5 days, a fun sendoff for the kids before heading back to college. Great food, good times ahead.

This is our first time in a villa and we all are looking forward to it just for that breakfast in the morning. WE have a 2 bdrm booked at OKW and will order some food for light breakfasts and snacks for the afternoons or evenings together. We are also pretty happy that we will have a full size fridge and a way to reheat some leftovers. DH almost cries if we need to throw leftover dinner away, he loves it for a snack or breakfast but some things just cannot be eaten cold.

My niece and her wife are joining us on this trip and are really worried we are overplanning the vacation. Jenna never has been and wants to "wing" it for a few days. Um...no. We will have parks days and meals planned along with FP> After that, it is open for anything, and there will be plenty of time to relax and head off for whatever. No commando touring for us, but to someone who has never been, it seems like we are locked in all day every day. DD is just listening and accomodating any meals etc they want. I am so looking forward to the villa and space and family all with us!

For us, the food is as much part of the Disney experience and vacation as is the attractions. We take our time at the Table Service and Signature restaurants. Usually, TS is (or at least should be) better quality food so you might as well take your time and enjoy it. If we are in a rush then we don't do TS and rather a QS meal.

I really do enjoy the food/dining at Disney, but given that this is our family's first trip (not mine though) I need to strike a balance with park time, rest/pool time, and budget. We definitely have several ADRs booked, but I'm not sure I want to spend 3-4 hours a day in sit down restaurants.

We take our time, yes. We don't make a ton of TS reservations, though. One of the best times we had over a meal was at Via Napoli. We needed the break and we really took our time enjoying as much as we could fit in our stomachs! The waiter was easy on the eyes, too. ;) My 7 year old daughter was a bit smitten. :D

This is our first time in a villa ....WE have a 2 bdrm booked at OKW .... I am so looking forward to the villa and space and family all with us!
The OKW Reno is in full swing! The 2bd is so roomy, you’re going to love it, The large patio/balcony is a nice spot to have coffee in the morning, it really extends the living space. If you’re by a quiet pool and want an afternoon or night off of the Disney thing, there are charcoal grills there. We like swimming and having drinks and appetizers while I grill steak, sausages or hotdogs. Look forward to hearing how it went!

We always take our time at meals both cs or ts. For us it's as much a part of our vacations as rides or attractions. We usually do one sit down a day normally a late dinner. We love wine with dinner (my family loves good wine and enjoys trying different ones). We are never in a rush.

Enjoy The Magic!!

We always take our time at meals both cs or ts. For us it's as much a part of our vacations as rides or attractions. We usually do one sit down a day normally a late dinner. We love wine with dinner (my family loves good wine and enjoys trying different ones). We are never in a rush.

Enjoy The Magic!!
Thanks you enjoy the magic too.
I love a glass of red wine, but I have a hard time staying hydrated so unfortunately I always pass on the wine. Drink one for me!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter