Anyone else prefer the 1 bedroom over the studio?

The flexibility is great. We started using studios most of the time. My 2 kids are now teenagers, so I like to have 2 bathrooms. We purchased additional points so we can book 2 bdrm units. We stayed in a dedicated 2 bdrm at CCV this past June. I love the W/D. It doesn't take time away when it is in the room. I love the full size fridge and dinning space. We got take away from Geyser Point and ate in our room a few times.

We book 2 bedrooms but part of the appeal of DVC is the kitchen and the laundry. We don't do a ton of cooking but being able to store cold food/drinks in the room is great.

I literally cringe everytime I see a question about stuffing a studio full of bodies. We may stay in a studio for the first or last night but we love the 1 bedrooms even when there are just two of us.

We also camp, so we know what it's like to spend time in tight quarters, but at Disney we want to spread out!

Fortunately, it seems studio stuffing is preferred by most owners leaving 1-bedrooms available!

We bought in with the idea of only staying in 1 bedrooms or larger. I completely get your desire to stay in a 1 bedroom over a studio.

For short stays we will do a studio (like say a couple nights before a cruise). But for 1 week or longer we do a 1-bedroom and we are a family of 3 :)

Well it seems that we do it all, LOL! When it's just the two of us we prefer a one bedroom but we have done studios, not the preferred room but it works. Depending on who is joining us on our trips we have gotten two bedrooms, GV, GV & two bedroom. That's the beauty of DVC you can choose the accommodations that best suit your needs at the time. I love my DVC!!! :butterfly

As many do, we started with the idea os getting a studio.
Then, on one trip, we got a 1 BR as that was all that was available for that trip. We were hooked! Love the 1BRs. When we are at BWV for a week during F&W. love having the extra space.

Well, before I bought DVC I was routinely booking 2 deluxe resort rooms because I like space - so the 1 br.s were a big factor in my decision to buy. I never thought I’d want to do laundry on vacation - but it’s so easy w/ the units in the villa I do toss a load in pretty often. The only thing we ‘cook’ in the kitchen is microwave popcorn, a nightly ritual at WDW, but I make coffee every morning and we use the frig. to store breakfast items, fruit, and water. I love the spa tubs & the bubble tub @ VGF, another ritual is on arrival night we go to Basin at DS or the GF to stock up on bath bombs to use for the duration of our stay. I thoroughly enjoy our 1 br. stays.

We love 1 bedrooms! That's the reason we bought into DVC, lots more space, and options for something more than a regular room. The only studios we have ever tried were at Poly, and that's because they don't offer a 1 bedroom. Wish they would!! We'll probably start using studios when it's just the two of us one day, but with a tween and teen traveling with us, the extra space, full kitchen, and laundry are wonderful! (and the extra bathroom at BLT and AKL-Kidani make them even greater locations)

We were lucky enough to purchase our points years ago when the price was more affordable thereby letting us get a good amount, so we have the option to stay in the one bedrooms whenever we want. My dh worked third shift, so he still wakes up in the middle of the night. It's great that he can go out into the living room and not bother me.

If/when it's just DH and I travelling I could see us getting a studio. But with 2 kids a 1 bedroom is a must for us. We need space :rotfl2:

I haven't stayed in a 1BR in years. That was when our two adult DSs were little. Once they became teenagers, we booked 2BRs. When it's just my DH and me, we book studios. I would rather have more trips or longer trips than the space. The only studio I've not enjoyed was at HHI. We had a lot of noise through the connecting door. We are headed back to HHI in about three weeks and will be staying in a studio probably for the last time as a couple. (Hope we don't have all the noise on this trip!) For future trips to HHI, we plan to do GVs for the whole family and stay elsewhere as a couple.

Back when weekend points were double week night points, I moved us to a Studio for the weekend. DH was driving an old car and it was time to buy a new one. He decided to keep driving the old car and buy more points. That car did die on the freeway but we had just paid off the points when that happened.

Even when it is the two of us we get the one bedroom. I wake up early and go drink coffee in the living room. I love taking a bath after a long day in the parks and we are too used to a king sized bed to go down to a queen. We do have groceries delivered and will have a quick breakfast in the room or a sandwich at night. I also love going home with clean clothes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!