Anyone else tired of all the airlines?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captainkidd76

DIS Veteran
Was looking at trying to make some changes to an upcoming flight to Los Angeles. JetBlue charges $150 per person to make changes unless you buy the refundable fare for twice the price. With 4 of us, it gets kind of pricey. So, we're basically screwed. OK. It is what it is. Nothing I can do about it, but I think it's time to start taking vacations we can drive to. I mean, we're customers. Whatever happened to customer service? I'm just done being taken advantage of by the airlines. Anybody else getting to that point?

Nope. I know before I purchase the tickets there is a change fee per ticket unless we're flying SW. That's why I make sure I purchase the dates and times that work for us.

I wish things were always like that for us. With kids in school, vacation schedules at work, and of course dealing with Disney dropping ride closures like a month in advance, plans do change.

I wish things were always like that for us. With kids in school, vacation schedules at work, and of course dealing with Disney dropping ride closures like a month in advance, plans do change.
That's why we know all that info (with the exception of ride closures) before we book. Ride closures would not alter an already planned/booked trip.

If you want to be flexible, air travel is not for you.

That's why we know all that info (with the exception of ride closures) before we book. Ride closures would not alter an already planned/booked trip.

If you want to be flexible, air travel is not for you.

LOL - I could say just about anything here, couldn't I?

:confused3 You can purchase air tickets without knowing all the needed information and pay the change fees without complaining when you make up your mind. Or you can drive and have the flexibility you obviously think you need.

It's a very easy "problem" to solve.

Yeah, vacation is pricey enough. An additional $1,200 just to change the flight is a bit out of our travel budget.

Guess I'm alone in this one. I've worked in some sort of customer service roll all of my life. I guess I've been fortunate to work for comapnies who will do whatever they can to help their customers. I've always believed that I'd rather lose a dollar than lose a customer. What bewilders me with the airline industry is there's no money to lose. If you have 4 tickets and there are still 4 seats on the flight you want to change from, I've never understood what the problem is. If it's a sold out flight, yeah, in that case, I can see the issue. But then again, I'm not in the travel industry. I've always worked with goods and services. I used to work at a Best Buy type place in my teens. If someone wanted to buy a TV, there weren't different levels to purchase in case you needed to return it.

Guess I'm alone in this one. I've worked in some sort of customer service roll all of my life. I guess I've been fortunate to work for comapnies who will do whatever they can to help their customers. I've always believed that I'd rather lose a dollar than lose a customer.

This has nothing to do with customer service. This has to do with accepting the terms of what you agreed to.

Guess I'm alone in this one. I've worked in some sort of customer service roll all of my life. I guess I've been fortunate to work for comapnies who will do whatever they can to help their customers. I've always believed that I'd rather lose a dollar than lose a customer.
The change fee policies are clearly spelled out. If you choose to ignore them when booking, then you'll pay the price. It isn't bad customer service, it's being a bad customer to expect them to waive a policy you were clearly aware of when booking.

Was looking at trying to make some changes to an upcoming flight to Los Angeles. JetBlue charges $150 per person to make changes unless you buy the refundable fare for twice the price. With 4 of us, it gets kind of pricey. So, we're basically screwed. OK. It is what it is. Nothing I can do about it, but I think it's time to start taking vacations we can drive to. I mean, we're customers. Whatever happened to customer service? I'm just done being taken advantage of by the airlines. Anybody else getting to that point?
Jet Blue has a new "Blue Extra" fare that allows changes at no extra cost. It's more expensive than regular Blue, but is not twice the price at all. I booked it for our June trip, and already made an itinerary change with no fee. No issue with rebooking our extra legroom seats, either. They just transferred those to our new flight without me having to pay for those again. Once thing to note is that while this fare states that cancellations are free, it is still not refundable. You can apply the credit toward another flight with no fee, but you can't get a refund.

Last edited:
Jet Blue has a new "Blue Extra" fare that allows changes at no extra cost. I's more expensive than regular Blue, but is not twice the price at all. I booked it for our June trip, and already made an itinerary change with no fee. No issue with rebooking our extra legroom seats, either. They just transferred those to our new flight without me having to pay for those again. Once thing to note is that while this fare states that cancellations are free, it is still not refundable. You can apply the credit toward another flight with no fee, but you can't get a refund.

I haven't had to buy tickets with the new fare structure. Just looked. Wasn't too bad, but for 4 people, it would still be $640 roundtrip. Not great, but better than $1,200.

I think this as a "good customer service" issue isn't as black & white as you may presume. Good customer service would be making a wronged situation right, quickly & with little fuss. Not changing things completely for 4 out of 1000's of customers because they decided they didn't like the conditions they agreed to when initially purchasing the product...that's not a situation where you were wronged.
I can't buy a hatchback and three months later get all my money back or get it traded equally to a different vehicle for the same price because I decided I needed a truck to tow my boat.

MANY of us have or have had kids in school/pre schoolers/trips planned when a ride when down for service/demanding jobs/sick relatives/and a million other things in real life that pop up. It's called life.

I can't buy a hatchback and three months later get all my money back or get it traded equally to a different vehicle for the same price because I decided I needed.

I'd say using a car for 3 months is slightly different than changing dates on a flight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter