Anyone else tired of all the airlines?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just done being taken advantage of by the airlines.
JetBlue is not taking advantage of you. Sure, it would be nice if they hadn't increased (or even initiated) change fees like the legacy and ultra low cost airlines, but that ship sailed. Heck, back in 2012, I got a full refund for a last minute cancellation - "last minute" being minutes before the flight took off.
Anybody else getting to that point?
Not I. You should post a poll.
Nothing I can do about it, but I think it's time to start taking vacations we can drive to.
:confused3 Okay?
It's a very easy "problem" to solve.
Yep. Time for another First World Problems thread on the Community board...;)
Why are you being so rude? I'm just stating an opinion on something.
Blunt, telling-it-like-it-is. No rudeness. Read the response again, matter-of-factly.
I can't buy a hatchback and three months later get all my money back or get it traded equally to a different vehicle for the same price because I decided I needed a truck to tow my boat.
Well, no. But if you bought it at CarMax, you could return it for a full refund in the first week :)

OP, I'm sorry certain posters are being unhelpful and piling on. It happens a lot on these boards. Don't let it get you down.

100% this.

Regarding your actual issue, if the new airfare is "only" $640 versus a $1,200 fee to change your original itinerary, than it makes sense to spend less to book the new tickets. If you go that route, then make sure you Cancel the original flights, so that there are no issues from the airline seeing that you have (in their view) "duplicate" tickets. When you cancel, those tickets will still have value according to Jet Blue's rules, and you can always use them before they expire if you pay the change fee.

Also keep an eye on schedule change on your original flights, that can be a lifesaver. In general, airlines will be far more likely to waive change fees if they change the schedule after you have booked.

Another option is the HUCA strategy. HUCA stands for "hang up and call again". Call and ask nicely for the favor of waiving change fees. If they say yes, great! If they say no (as we would all expect), then politely say thank you, and hang up without arguing or trying to persuade the rep to help you. Call again, and ask again nicely, and repeat as necessary, if desired. The goal is that one of your calls will find a sympathetic rep who will waive the fees. Never act entitled or demanding, and always throw yourself on the mercy of the rep. Worst case outcome is that you still have to pay the change fees, but the best case is waived change fees. Outcomes with this strategy are obviously all over the map, but, IMHO, it never hurts to try.

And yes, I am tired of many of the changes that airlines have made, especially with increases in change fees. Airlines don't raise their change fees by $50 because they incurred a $50 increase in cost; it is mostly pure profit.

I can say, would I love it if there was never a change fee?
Of course I would
But I consider them a cost of flying and, as long as I know my plans prior to booking, or book a flexible fare, then it's a cost I am ok with, because I'm not ever going to pay it.
I'd much rather see change fees than an increase in overall fares. THAT I can't get around paying

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter