Anyone ever depart without receiving package?

sportel

Mouseketeer
Our first ABD begins in just over 17 days (woot!). We are leaving in 8 days to spend a week in Europe before we join the tour. Our ABD pre-trip package has not yet arrived, which from what I've read here doesn't surprise me based on a) what seems to be lots of packages delivered late this year, and b) the fact that we live in Canada. My travel agent assures me Disney says it will be here by the end of this week.

I'm wondering if this is worth worrying about anymore. Is there anything in the package that I must have before we leave? Are there important documents or luggage tags (like with DCL) that could cause problems if I don't have them before we depart? I'm still hoping it will show up, just not sure if I should direct our agent to put more pressure on ABD, or just let it go.

Honestly, I'd just let it go. There are luggage tags, but they're not like DCL. They don't serve any important function. The only thing in the package that is arguably essential is the little booklet that gives the day-by-day itinerary. You can recreate that yourself on the website. Stop stressing and enjoy your pre-trip and your ABD. You're going to have a great time!

Thanks . . . that's what I was hoping to hear. I've got enough on the to-do list without worrying about this!

It was fun reading the booklet and daily planner but I wouldn't sweat not having them at all. The only thing I would consider critical info that I didn't have before I got it is the 24 hour emergency contact numbers in case you need to get a hold of ABD.

ABD actually was able to email me a pdf version of the booklet when my package was so grossly delayed. Also, the Adventure Guides had a few extras when we met with them the first day. Just make sure you tell the Guides you don't have your luggage tags (they're used for the transfers from hotel to hotel). They'll get you blank ones you can fill out.

Sayhello

The booklet we received for our China trip (about 9-10 days in advance) was pretty useless. It arrived too late to be of much use, and some of the itinerary information was wrong. The guides have extra luggage tags so you can easily get those when you arrive. If you *really* want the book, call ABD and have them send you a PDF.

I suggest trying to get a pdf of the book - one of our trips has some itinerary changes for 2018, so the book is more accurate (at least I think and hope it is.....) for what we are doing than what is currently on the website.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!