Anyone ever done the cruise 6 months pregnant?? Is that allowed???

D L and K's Mom

<font color=blue>D, L and now baby Kennedy's mom!<
Just found out we are going to have a BABy on July 11th....we were scheduled to cruise on July 13th......SURPRISE!!! We are trying to change ressies to April vacation (As DH and I are both teachers) Has anyone ever done the cruise 6 months pregnant?? Is that allowed I know there are some rules as to how many months you can be etc....so far I am feeling great and I have never had any problems carrying my other 2 children (11 and 13...told you it was a big surprise..hee hee) I am just worried about feeling seasick..I have never before. Thanks any info would be greatly appreciated. now I have to change my counter at the bottom or at least change the title to Baby C-section countdown.....

You must be no more than 24 weeks pregnant to cruise on DCL according to the terms and conditions in the DCL brochure. According to my calculations, that would put you to cruising to no later in March. Sorry......

We "or should I say" DW did it at the max you could be. 24 weeks?
Anyhow, There were no complications or issues. The cruise is relaxing and that is what she did. The only thing you will miss out on are the drinks poolside and the steamroom. Those should be off limits.

We went last November with my nephew and his wife, she was the max you could be and again no complications that were brought to my attention.

I would suggest the insurance. I usually never buy the stuff, but given the situation....

I cruised this past October and I was 5 months pregnant. I'd say that as long as you aren't past the 24 week mark then go for it!

The one thing that you simply MUST do if you go is snorkle at Castaway Cay. With both my pregnancies we went to the Caribbean during the 5th month and both times I spent hours snorkeling. I loved the feeling of being able to lay on my tummy in the water! Right around 5 months I'm getting to the point that I can't lay on my tummy in bed (my favorite position to sleep in) so being able to lay face down in the water was the best feeling!

I've never cruised pregnant but have traveled at various points in my pregnancies, and I always tend to feel pretty woozy.
I've found sea bands helpful with any motion sickness. Those are the wristbands that you wear with a little disc that pushes on a pressure point. Has gotten me thru some very bumpy flights in the first trimester when *everything* makes me feel sick! Also ginger hard candies or ginger cookies have helped too.

Karen

DW and I have cruised many times before. It would seem that all of them had a restriction of none past 24 weeks. Two even took it as far as you could not be in your 24th week while on the boat. All asked for Dr's note to verify how far along you were. I would go for it in March.

Have a great trip.

Scott, Peg and Tyler

Thank you all so much for the info...I left my cruise book on my desk at school so I couldn't look it up.It never even crossed my mind to check out the web-site for the restrictions. Thanks. We are now re-thinking maybe a cruise in Dec.......with the baby as DH and I are teachers so we have to go on a school vacation and it looks like I will be more than 24months the third week in April..Oh , well. :) Thanks again....

Congrats on your baby!

We did the Magic when DD was 8 months old, it was a really great place to vacation with an infant. DCL fulfilled every request and did everything they could to make our vacation enjoyable!

Good luck!

Susan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter