Anyone going to try the new Princess Brunch? 200+??

3for Me

DIS Veteran
Anyone read the news on Deb's sight? A new princess brunch which adults can attend with their children - 1 child + 1 adult all inclusive with a doll and a bracelet for the child and a gift for the adult (does not include tax, though) $200!!! If you bring along a second princess, it would be another $135!!!

I honestly can not believe this - it sounds wonderful, but the price!! They say only 42 people per day can attend - Good luck!! I know there are some out there who will "do it all" for their little princesses, but I think this is a little too much. JMO, though!

I agree, I think the price is more than a little steep. I thought about taking my niece, and then decided that for the same $200 we can do three or four other special activites.

Anne

Hmmmm.... I must admit, if I were going to WDW during those select dates, I'd just HAVE to do it! My dd is so VERY taken with Sleeping Beauty right now -- she is 3 yrs old and watches the DVD every day. She walks around singing "Hail to the pwincess Ah-wahra..." We all know every word of the movie by heart now (including her 2 older brothers!) I agree that the price is steep... even if you value the doll at retail of let's say $50 and the bracelet at $25 and the adult gift at, oh, $25 (which is all very generous), you're still looking at $50 per head for the experience, which doesn't last any longer than any of the other GF experiences (priced closer to $35 and there, the CMs are taking your child on an adventure... here, you're there as the adult companion to keep your princess behaving like... a princess! No CM help needed, other than to put on the "princess show".)

The limited engagements make me think it's going to be like Storybook Princess... a wait-and-see-how-many-want-it type deal. But with the price set at $200 now, I doubt they would reduce the $$ in the future (the first buyers would be rightfully ticked)... Sadly, we won't be back at WDW for a while (next summer), so I guess my $200 will just get used on xmas stuff instead... :(

Cindy

Same here, Cindy, we don't even have a trip in the works but one of the scheduled tea dates is my dd's 7th birthday. :(

I imagine they're using Sleeping Beauty to increase interest in the re-released DVD (I haven't bought it yet), but if the featured princess was Snow White - we would so be there.

No it's not a joke. It's at the GF and the thread was on the resorts board with "new children's event" title sorry don't know how to link to it. Saw it and booked it for the first day - special treat for DW and DD will report more after.

Alec

I am still hoping it is a hit and they extend the dates through Christmas. My dd is so into Sleeping Beauty right now that I would bite the bullet and do this one. If it is a success perhaps they will offer it in December...otherwise it looks like My Pal Mickey is still on with $$ to spare:-)

CatOne

I would love to do this with DD, 4. Unfortunately it doesn't start until the day after we leave from WDW! I'm hoping it will still be going on in May when we return. I'm definitely going to do it!

Nice for people with more disposable income than I've got :rolleyes:

I just like to see Disney adding new things - expensive or otherwise...keep things exciting!

I would love to do that with my grandaughter...just wish she was a little bigger! (she is just 7 months...lol)

Hubby and I are already planning on taking her to all the special things for little girls though...lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter