Anyone have an issue with Priceline when booking in Orlando with a group over 4 people?

Pluto777

DIS Veteran
We need a 3 adult + 2 child room. I saw that at some hotels (as I read it & maybe I misunderstood) Priceline said for example a 2 Queen room could accomodate adults up to 4 children under 18 years old.. but when I called the hotel directly they said it is strictly 4 to a room. If I booked such a room with more than 4 persons they said we would have to pay for some type of upgrade and/or find a solution and speak with Priceline at check in to sort it out on the spot. I asked what if there was no vacancies for an upgrade/extra room and they said your ressie would be cancelled and you would essentially be stick with no room (yikes). Has anyone encountered a similar situation with a family of more than 4 in a standard room with Priceline and if so what do you recomend? I am now afraid to book unless I call any hotel directly and ask them what their policy is on 4+ per room regardless of what any OTA says on the internet.

Book 2 Rooms ...... You are already spending a Lot of Money

So why. " Scrimp / hassle " over some extra .

Save on " other spending " that you will buy

In general PL only guarantees double occupancy unless you're booking a room type/bedding option which offers more then 2 in the room. You agree to the terms when you book. Many, probably most, rooms in Orlando can accommodate 4. Many cases 5 will not only exceed hotel policy but may exceed fire code. Hotel doesn't have to do anything to accommodate a family of 5 and can keep funds prepaid or guaranteed. An option offered could include a second room at rack rate.

One option is to book 2 rooms. Alternately book through a booking agent that lets you book what you need. Hotels own website. A free breakfast may have value for a family of 5. Amenities like fridge and microwave.

JMO Id skip PL

In general PL only guarantees double occupancy unless you're booking a room type/bedding option which offers more then 2 in the room. You agree to the terms when you book. Many, probably most, rooms in Orlando can accommodate 4. Many cases 5 will not only exceed hotel policy but may exceed fire code. Hotel doesn't have to do anything to accommodate a family of 5 and can keep funds prepaid or guaranteed. An option offered could include a second room at rack rate.

One option is to book 2 rooms. Alternately book through a booking agent that lets you book what you need. Hotels own website. A free breakfast may have value for a family of 5. Amenities like fridge and microwave.

JMO Id skip PL
I understand. In this case, I am not refering to a blind bid, but a regular listing.

I understand. In this case, I am not refering to a blind bid, but a regular listing.
Room occupancy, per PL FAQ and industry norm, is based on bedding. Two double beds means occupancy of 4. Two double beds and a full size sofa bed 6. Booking direct with the hotel makes it easier to ensure a room is suitable for 5.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!