Anyone in for August? August Trip Report thread.

We will be there! It is a short trip this year. We are taking a cruise out of Florida and we decided while we were there we would test out camping at the Fort! We will be there four days, Aug 17-21. We will only have one park day. We are planning our regular trip to Disney next year. We will camp then for 8 days in September.

We're doing the same; planned a little trip and tent camping at the Fort! We'll be setting up camp 8/20 after a quick visit to MK.

Early in September. I think the 5th. I didn't realize that so much would be going on in September. The Food and Wine, Night of Joy, MNSSHP. That's a lot!

I had to work around some dates, and couldn't otherwise travel until after the 20th. I don't think that I could find the discount for the later dates in September, either. Just the early dates.

Are y'all going then?

Aww, I'll be leaving the 13th. Looks like we will just miss cross-over dates.

When I was checking car rental rates this morning, I was really bummed that the rate for the August stay I had booked went down from $197 to $116! The discounted site rate for September swayed me to book for September instead. I hope the car rental rate will be that cheap for September.

today Bastrop, Tx was 109. We have not had any rain since early June. Our water bill was sky high & still no green grass. Things are so dry & having numerous fires. Good luck to all camping in August & have a blast! Drink lots of water or in my case would be Dr. Pepper.

Howdy from the Fort! We came in on Monday and are leaving early Sat morning in a Premium site with my brother in law and his family. At first we were assigned site 421 and 422, but unfortunately there was little to no shade. So the guys went scouting and found some more sites that would work. We called the Fort and they happily found us some from the ones we had chosen. We ended up moving to 1330 and 1332 which we like much much better. My husband really liked some.sites on the 800 loop, but they were being held for someone. We went to HS Monday night and enjoyed a few rides. AK yesterday was a hot madhouse of course. But my sister in law an I LOVED Flight of Passage, but not enough to stand in line for 4 hrs which is what the wait was at one point. We are breakfast at Tusker House with reserved seats for Rivers of Light. The food was delicious, but we tried not to eat too much since it was soooo hot outside. Rivers of Light was AMAZING. The guys weren't overly impressed but we loved it. We walked out through massive crowds through Pandora to see the lit up stuff. It was cool but not worth fighting the crowds to see. We also ate dinner at Trails End last night. It was really good. We are enjoying the Fort today. Thanks sooo much for all the helpful advice!!

I'm so glad that you found some nice sites with shade. That makes such a difference in summer heat! Sounds like y'all are having a good time visiting the parks. I am hoping to get fast passes for Rivers of Light and the Flight of Passage for my trip too.

My DH and I are bringing our 3 y/o grandson for his first Disney trip. We will be there 8/25 - 9/2. I have an HR conference to attend at Hilton Bonnet Creek early in the week, so the boys will be "Fort exploring" in the golf cart on those days! We are planning lots of Fort time, with short visits to the parks for grandson to get to experience a few rides and lots of character interactions. This will be our 3rd stay at Ft. Wilderness, 2nd time in August. We love being able to go enjoy the parks and then come back "home" to RV to relax! It's the next best thing to having Disney World in our own backyard. I know it will be hot, but we are really looking forward to it!

Shade definitely makes a big difference. My son ended up getting sick on Tues night and then had an allergy attack. We think he has a corn allergy as he has been sensitive to it before so we took it easy and explored the Fort. We wanted to take out a pontoon boat but our in-laws had gone shopping and we didn't quite get back down there on time. The latest you can go out is 4:30. We hope to hit up Epcot today and come back early so we can ride the pontoon and then try to make it to the campfire tonight good Lord willing.

robinstrip,

I'm glad you made it to the Fort and made this a REAL August trip report. :rockband:

Those sites in 800 probably belonged to somebody who had used the Early Check-in option and had already received their text with the site number. Once those early check-in sites numbers have been texted out, the Fort won't roll you out of it and give it to someone like you. 1300 is a nice loop on the other end of the Fort

Hope your son gets over his allergy attack.

Let us know how it's going as time permits.

Bama Ed

Thanks Bama Ed! We have explored Epcot all day after sleeping in this morning and are on our way to the Chip and Dale Campfire. My son is super excited to see them. Magic Kingdom is hopefully the plan for tomorrow.

Since June didn't work out for me, I'm going to give it the old college try, and make it to the Fort in August---in a tent. I don't think the heat/humidity will be overwhelming to me, as I live in a very similar climate in the south---but I am packing a fan. I also found a mallet at Dollar Tree the other day, so I'll have something to get those stakes placed in the pad.

Anyone else at the Fort in August?
We check in tomorrow...with our tent and tent A/C. We're from here (on the east coast about an hour from Disney) and honestly, we probably don't even need the A/C but I have one and have the vent so why not? We're never in the tent during the day when it's unbearable and a decent fan is all you need at night IMO. Anyway, if you're there, I'm sure we'll be seeing you. We requested 1500 but if we get 2000, so be it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter