Anyone know of a good place to stay along Hwy 5 from the Bay area?

DL4my2kids

Mouseketeer
Our reservations start on a Sunday and that is when we will use the first day of our hoppers but we want to start the drive Saturday evening. Although not that long of a trip, the kids will do much better if we break it up a bit and I want to get to the park bright and early Sunday.

We'll be catching Hwy 5 from the Livermore 580 area.

Thanks,

You didn't say how long you wanted to drive on your 1st leg, but there are several nice places in Santa Clarita. (Hampton Inn, Residence Inn etc...) Santa Clarita is the larger town after you come over the Grapevine and about an hour or so away from Disneyland. You could also try in Bakersfield, but I'm not sure what is the best place to stay there...

There are quite a few motels off of I5 in the Lost Hills/Buttonwillow area. That's about 2 1/2 hours from Disneyland. We stayed at the Super 8 once and it was perfectly fine for one night.

but we have stayed at the Harris Ranch Hotel a couple of times (near Coalinga, I think)

Once you get past the cow smell (and really, you do stop noticing it after a few minutes) it's a nice place and we love to hang out by the pool there. It's a nice mid-way stop for us (we drive from the Half Moon Bay area.)

Have a great trip!

We stay at the Ramada Limited that is at the Grapevine. The rooms are clean and nice-sized. They are also decorated in a rustic theme. The breakfast is included, although I forget what is served. We are staying there for a rate of $72/nt.

There's a Holiday Inn Express in Bakersfield, but come to think of it, I think it is off the 99 highway.

Not sure why the thread was moved. It sure seemed related to DL to me (asking for a place to stay on the drive down from No. CA).

The buttonwillow exit on I-5 (closest exit to Bakersfield) has several options (and a Starbucks). Breaking up the drive at that spot is good - the long part of the drive is over, and all you have left is a few hours of questionable traffic situations.

You didn't say how long you wanted to drive on your 1st leg, but there are several nice places in Santa Clarita. (Hampton Inn, Residence Inn etc...) Santa Clarita is the larger town after you come over the Grapevine and about an hour or so away from Disneyland. You could also try in Bakersfield, but I'm not sure what is the best place to stay there...

I think this is good advice, get over the grapevine before you stop.

We used to be in Pleasanton with my in-laws in Palm Springs. When the kids were little we would pack them up in their PJ's and head off for a trip to DL or their house. Once, we found that the normally 6 hour trip just seemed too much so we stayed at the Hilton near Magic Mountain.

OK - it was only one night, so the $100 was no big deal. But then my husband actually slept. He is the kind that can go on 3 or 4 days of no sleep and still not sleep unless it is his own bed. So the fact that he slept was amazing to us, and it is our fall back from now on.

We have reservations coming up in Feb. We will leave on Friday morning around 4 or 5. When we went end of October, that put me into John Wayne airport in time to pick up my Aunts at 11:30. I'm expecting the same time frame.

And no - I only did 75 not 100.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter