Anyone made it through (or not made it through) ROFR recently? - Section I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beca

Apparently, we all have more money than brains!!!
Could you please post your stats? I CANNOT believe we are doing this again...but, here goes!!!

Thanks,

:wave:

Beca

Still Waiting from a January 2nd contract from TTS.

Jason says, almost no ROFR activity this week, and we should know by Friday.

This is the first time I have been nervous!

-Tony

Good luck to you both! :wizard: :wizard:

Beca...you really got the bug bad!!! I hope I don't catch it from you :blush:

Notified last week that we've passed, VWL 50 points all '05 points. We paid $77 per point plus the '05 maintenance and closing cost of $400.

Pixie dust to all who are waiting.

Bobbi :wizard:

I just heard today that we passed and I didn't even know we were waiting. I was still waiting for TSS to receive my deposit. 100 points OKW $76 a pt.
So I don't know how long it took, but it can't have been more than 10 days.

Thrilled and shocked in equal measure!!!!!! :cloud9:

HHI
70 points
$70/pt
all 2005 pts coming on 3/05
we pay 05 maint and CC
passed last week

Hi,

Pixie dust to all waiting!!! :wizard: :wizard:

Allison

The other forum has 2 mentions of VWL being bought back by Disney at $75 per point.

Bobbi :D

bobbiwoz said:
The other forum has 2 mentions of VWL being bought back by Disney at $75 per point.

Yup, I'm one of them. Got the call today, Disney exercising ROFR on 150 VWL points, all 2005 points and 8 banked from 2004 - Sept use year - $75/point.

Jmatias and Scotch...yes, we are buying a BCV contract!! We are, however selling our VWL. We both LOVE the resort, but we don't need 600 pts (even though I'm SURE we could find a way to use the points). DH really wanted to sell our BWV, but we have borrowed all of our points for an "impromtu" trip with friends in May, and I don't want to sell it stripped. Plus, DH loves VWL enough that I KNOW he will want to do a small add-on there eventually, and he didn't really like BWV all that much...but, I LOVED it!! If I allow him to sell that one, I know I will NEVER get BWV points again.

Anyway, when we went on our first trip "home" in Dec. he said, "Well, I really like the resorts we own at, but why didn't you buy BCV?" To which I replied, "You know....having an opinion BEFORE I bought would've been helpful, 'Mr. I don't care!!'"

But, unfortunately...I fell in love with BCV, too. I didn't think I would as the DVC wing seemed like a not-too-well-planned-out-afterthought when you look at it on paper. I mean, no rooms on the water (but, hey...you can get a "road" view), and I just didn't feel like there would be that much "going on" on that side of the lake (i.e. BORING). But, one night we went over to Beaches 'n Cream to eat...and my heart just melted!!! I loved EVERYTHING!!! I didn't expect the resort to be so ELEGANT (It is everthing I thought the Grand Floridian would be (btw...I was VERY disappointed in the GF)). SAB is SOO cool (even though I am allergic to chlorine...my dd will love it when she gets older). The serenity of the lobby was a sharp contrast to the noisiness of BWV's lobby. I loved watching the artist draw pictures of people, and I loved being on the same level as the water when you are outside. I really loved seeing the sand everywhere as opposed to a boardwalk. There was a pirate band playing on the beach where they were having a private party....they were VERY good, and SOOO funny!!! I could go on and on about all the things we loved at BCV (the store is much nicer than the one at BWV. We kept walking over there to shop. The lobby seemed bigger, and at the same time "slower". We loved the architecture, the "water theming", the location being right off of Epcot, and so on.) It was just one of those moments where you know that you "fit" with something. We "fit" with Beach Club....and no one was more surprised than we were!!

Don't get me wrong...I still love my BWV (I wouldn't want anyone to think I am "trashing" it...the rooms are GORGEOUS, and I LOVE the standard view option...it's like a discount with a GREAT location), but we just wanted BCV, too.

So...we started our "quest". I got on the waitlist at DVC (I'm still on there, actually), but my guide said a MINIMUM 8-12 month wait if I'm lucky!! So, we started looking, and found a REALLY sweet contract with almost full banked points. So, of course I am now thinking that Disney will take it back, and it's really hard to say with BCV, "Oh, don't worry!! If we don't get this one, another one will come along"...because BCV's with banked points don't come along that often.

So, that is why I started this thread...so, I could see just how nervous I should be.

Anyway...congrats to all who have passed!! And, good luck to those who are waiting!! :wizard: :wizard:

Here's the stats of those who have posted:

Greenban - still waiting on a contract that went on Jan 2nd

Bobbiwoz - passed (mid-Jan) 50 VWL $77 all '05 points intact

leise - passed (1/19, in less than 10 days) 100 OKW $76

Amanda C - passed (mid-Jan) 70 HHI $70 all '05 points intact

Beca - waiting on 150 BCV $80

If anyone wants to be added to this list, just post and I will keep it going for awhile.

Beca

Greenban - still waiting on a contract that went on Jan 2nd

Beca - waiting on 150 BCV (Aug) $80 all '05 + 137 '04

Diszip - ROFR'd on 1/20 - 150 VWL (Aug) $75 all '05 + 8 '04 :-)sad: Sorry!!)

Beca, I'm sending you extra Pixie Dust! You are so eloquent!!!!

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

PS. Have you already sold your VWL? If not, you know that'll go fast, too!!

Hmmm,

I haven't been paying attention to whats been bought back, except for this thread. Do you think WDW is Rofr on all points $75 or less?

I'm going to be really sad if this is true :charac2:

Cinderpals :wave:

I spoke to Jason at TTS today (no news for me yet, sigh) he said Disney is buying everything at $75 and below. If I only had mailed my forms in before New Years (away for a week). He thinks it is because of the rumoured price increase.

However, he feels confident I'll pass at $76. In fact, I asked if I should cancel the sale and offer $78, but he said no. Well he has been right with us twice before. It's just that the price increase and delay in passing has me spooked. Plus, I talked about it before ROFR. (I'm very stupidstitious! :earseek: )

Details of deal: 270 VWL points, all 2003, 2004 and 2005 coming in in August. I pay 2005 fees.

Unabashedly begging for Pixie Dust!

-Tony

Beca,

I felt exactly the same way when we visited BCV this December (while staying at OKW)! Anyway, here are two more to add to your list: I'm waiting for ROFR on (1) 160 BCV (April) $78, 4 from '04 and all '05 -- contract submitted the first week of Jan -- and (2) $65 150 OKW (March), only 15 remain for '05 -- contract submitted on 1/10 or 1/11.

greenban said:
I spoke to Jason at TTS today (no news for me yet, sigh) he said Disney is buying everything at $75 and below. If I only had mailed my forms in before New Years (away for a week). He thinks it is because of the rumoured price increase.

However, he feels confident I'll pass at $76. In fact, I asked if I should cancel the sale and offer $78, but he said no. Well he has been right with us twice before. It's just that the price increase and delay in passing has me spooked. Plus, I talked about it before ROFR. (I'm very stupidstitious! :earseek: )

Details of deal: 270 VWL points, all 2003, 2004 and 2005 coming in in August. I pay 2005 fees.

Unabashedly begging for Pixie Dust!

-Tony

Sending pixie dust your way!
They are not buying back Vero and HH for $75/point are they? They always go for much, much lower (mid 60's). Just wondering. Still waiting to sell our 5th wheel so we can purchase something!

bobbiwoz said:
Beca, I'm sending you extra Pixie Dust! You are so eloquent!!!!

:wizard: :wizard: :wizard:

PS. Have you already sold your VWL? If not, you know that'll go fast, too!!

Wow, Bobbi...thanks!!!

Actually, our VWL has been up for about a week with no takers...but, I know it will happen (and honestly...I'm not in too much of a hurry to see it go...it's still mine until I sign the contracts).

Greenban...SWEET contract!!!

Here's the update:

Greenban - waiting on 270 VWL (Aug) points $76 all '03, '04 & '05 intact

Beca - waiting on 150 BCV (Aug) $80 all '05 + 137 '04

Diszip - ROFR'd on 1/20 - 150 VWL (Aug) $75 all '05 + 8 '04 ( Sorry!!)

Scotch - 1) waiting (sub. 1st week of Jan)
on 160 BCV (Apr) $78 4 '04, and all '05
- 2) waiting (sub. 1/10) 150 OKW(Mar)
$65 15pts. remaining in '05

Beca

Alexander said:
Sending pixie dust your way!
They are not buying back Vero and HH for $75/point are they? They always go for much, much lower (mid 60's). Just wondering. Still waiting to sell our 5th wheel so we can purchase something!

Sorry about that, By everything I meant (was told) VWL & BWV, not sure about OKW. BCV is now very well north of $80!

-Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter