Anyone made it through (or not made it through) ROFR recently? - Section II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dman67

Local WDW Fan
Does anyone have a guess at what the lowest price per point Disney is waiving ROFR on for Hiliton Head Island?

:cheer2: Got the word this afternoon that WE FINALLY CLOSED.:thumbsup2
Now all we have to do is sit back and wait :hourglass to be officially added to Disney's DVC system. I'll let you know when that happens. :)
Just hope there will be availability for our vacation this October at one of the WDW DVC resorts when we're able to finally book our ressie.:confused:

We'll need all the pixie dust we can get!!!
pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

Disney Dreamin'
Sharon

Now all we have to do is sit back and wait :hourglass to be officially added to Disney's DVC system. I'll let you know when that happens. :)
Just hope there will be availability for our vacation this October at one of the WDW DVC resorts when we're able to finally book our ressie.:confused:

Disney Dreamin'
Sharon

Congratulations!!

And here's some pixie dust to help you on your way:

pixiedust: pixiedust:

Disney Dreamin'
Sharon

Good luck! I hope you are in the system soon. We are having the same problem that you are. We are hoping to get a res. for October as well. We are waiting for the sellers to send their paperwork back. Ours was sent over a week ago.

look in this forum around april 28th. There is a running list of sales data daily posted by delaware mike.

you can also look on **************** under the purchase forum. look for the rofr thread. there is spread sheet their with data. see my post fro afew days ago on this.

We officially closed yesterday also! We're patiently waiting :laughing: for our points to be put in the system.:hourglass :coffee:

We just got approved. 100 points @ $85 per point with 96 points for 2007 .

Is Delaware Mike still on the Disboards- I notice the list needs an update? This thread is such a valuable source of info for resale shoppers- Also- vascubaguys database is great- I think it is still being maintained- you can add your ROFR data in yourself and it is really cool because you can sort by different criteria- ie: restor, pass/fail ROFR, date, number of points, price per point...
here is the link to the database
http://baseportal.com/cgi-bin/baseportal.pl?htx=/vascubaguy/main&localparams=1

To add your own stats click "New"

Good luck! I hope you are in the system soon. We are having the same problem that you are. We are hoping to get a res. for October as well. We are waiting for the sellers to send their paperwork back. Ours was sent over a week ago.

Thanks, Staceyj2. We closed 16 days after TTS received our docs. I hope yours goes quicker than ours did.

Disney Dreamin'
Sharon

:cheer2: Finally!!

pixiedust:

Thanks for the pixie dust! We are really going to need it. To make our ressie for October we're going to need to do an addon at AKV and probably get developer points. I called my DVC sales rep. to let her know we closed yesterday and got the message she won't be back in the office till Tuesday. Talk about Murphy's Law - everything with this transaction seems to be hurry up then wait :hourglass wait :hourglass wait :hourglass.

About an hour later my DVC sales rep. called me back. Even though she's out of town she's still keeping an eye on our transaction so we can start the addon as soon as possible. How's that for customer service! :thumbsup2

Her bad news was if we get developer points then once we do the addon it's another 3 days before those points are in the system, so alas there is more waithing for us to go through. :sad1: It's not looking good that we will get any of the 4 resorts that we would prefer. I do hope that DVC will have something available for our week in October. I'll be so relieved when this is all settled.

Disney Dreamin'
Sharon

I just found out that we closed today!!! Now I just have to wait to get into the system. I hope I'm in before we leave for our Disney cruise next week. I really need to see if I can get anything in October.

150 OKW $77 pt.
passed ROFR 4/20
closing docs rcvd. and returned on 5/9
closed on 5/17

60 VWL (Sept) $84, 55 ’07 pts, all '08 pts, buyer pays closing, buyer pays ’07 MF (sub 5/9) – non member

Approved 5/15

Now waiting for documents

I just found out that we closed today!!! Now I just have to wait to get into the system. I hope I'm in before we leave for our Disney cruise next week. I really need to see if I can get anything in October.

150 OKW $77 pt.
passed ROFR 4/20
closing docs rcvd. and returned on 5/9
closed on 5/17

Congratulations on your closing! :cheer2: When are you going in October? Maybe we'll be there the same time.:)

Disney Dreamin'
Sharon

Hello, I have an agreement with a private seller for 250 pts. BCV w/a March u/y for $80 PP..Also has 250 banked from 2006,all of 2007 pts also, M/F paid by seller thru 2007.with me ( the buyer) paying closing cost. I know this sounds to good to be true an will never pass ROFR. But (LOL) Do you think it might, being the higher point contract ? ........ Id really like to get in the BCV, three little ones love the pool........ He told me he called Disney to find out how to go about selling , they explained about the 2 of us signing a contract that his lawyer will draw up. .........The disney people told him about the ROFR, he told them the price ,an said the lady didnt think there would be a problem with the ROFR .I am not a DVC member but hoping. We havent sent anything to Disney yet an after reading almost every page in this forum I know $80 pp will never fly!! Hate to lose it ,but The best I could do is $85 pp. ....... Any advise would be so helpful , being that I got my wife all excited thinking it was a done deal,,,:rotfl2: til the seller an I found out about the ROFR claus. Thank you , Dan

Hello, I have an agreement with a private seller for 250 pts. BCV w/a March u/y for $80 PP..Also has 250 banked from 2006,all of 2007 pts also, M/F paid by seller thru 2007.with me ( the buyer) paying closing cost. I know this sounds to good to be true an will never pass ROFR. But (LOL) Do you think it might, being the higher point contract ? ........ Id really like to get in the BCV, three little ones love the pool........ He told me he called Disney to find out how to go about selling , they explained about the 2 of us signing a contract that his lawyer will draw up. .........The disney people told him about the ROFR, he told them the price ,an said the lady didnt think there would be a problem with the ROFR .I am not a DVC member but hoping. We havent sent anything to Disney yet an after reading almost every page in this forum I know $80 pp will never fly!! Hate to lose it ,but The best I could do is $85 pp. ....... Any advise would be so helpful , being that I got my wife all excited thinking it was a done deal,,,:rotfl2: til the seller an I found out about the ROFR claus. Thank you , Dan
The only advice I have is to shift the numbers a bit- have the seller pay closing costs- and you divide the closing costs by 250 and then add that figure to the price per point.
example- you are offering $85 for 250 points and say $500 in closing costs. Now, ask the seller to pay that $500 but it won't cost him anything because you will give him an extra 2.00 per point on the contract- now making the price per point $87.00- some say that helps with ROFR.

Just a quick update:

Submitted paperwork: 4/10/2007
Passed ROFR: 4/18/2007
Received closing paperwork: 5/3/2007
Returned paperwork: 5/3/2007 fedex overnight
Closed: 5/17/2007

I guess we moved right along...now waiting on Disney to add me to the system:cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

I understand what you are saying .Put the closing cost money into the purchase price to bump the pp amount to a more realistic level. Very good idea, thanks. I read somewhere that with a higher point contract Disney offen lets them slide by lower then say a 100 or 150 pointer . But theres no way $80 will fly huh? any other thoughts would really help. Thank you so much,Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter