Anyone renew their Sirius XM radio subscription lately?

They'll always offer you a lower renewal price.
I wish I had done the lifetime subscription back when it first launched. I've been a subscriber ever since and it would have paid off bigtime by now.

Where's the option to cancel online? My plan expires in June and I would like to renew it online rather than dealing with playing games with a customer service rep as they read out all the terms and conditions.
DH said when he clicked "cancel" it gave the option of other offers to click on OR chat. It was a weekend...not sure if that makes a difference. He didn't actually have to chat because he just picked one of the other offers.

Chat just told me they couldn't offer me anything, trying one more time. Otherwise I'll cancel and start new service on the radio in my wife's name.

I call every year to negotiate a better price. I call and tell them I want to cancel/not renew subscription. They are quick to offer a better price. You should never pay more than $60 for a year plus taxes and fees.

After HUCA, I got it for $62 for the year after they prorated out the half month I'd already paid for. Wish I would have done this years ago. I'd been paying 18/month for the last six years. I've been a subscriber since I think 2003.

Renew last Month $35.95 total price no add ons for six months Normal ly doing six month at a time is the best way to go. I sold a car with XM in it . So I canceled that car. They still sending renew notes at $35 for six month

So, I guess I've really been messing up lately. I've been paying $11 / month for the basic package for a long time now. I remember when it went to $11, I forgot to call, I hate calling anyway, and then I just thought it wasn't a bad price. Well, after reading what some of you guys were getting, I logged into my account.

You don't even have to call anymore! Under the account section of what you want to do, you can hit you want to cancel and it takes you to their deals. $60 for the year. Perfect.

I pay $5 a month, no more I tell them and stand firm. Usually they will renew for 5 or 6 months, last July i was surprised to get a year. I think I will cancel in July, I’m not in my car much these days and my driving to work days may be over (working at home).

I just went online, clicked on Cancel and was given some new offers. I chose $60 for a year, so $5 a month. The only thing I don’t like is that it‘s set to Auto-Renew at the then going rate. I have made a notation in my calendar to cancel before that happens next year.

I’m happy not to have to think about this for another year. It’s always so annoying.

So happy I ran across this thread! I thought I was getting a pretty good deal at $119 a year - but after reading the post above, was able renew for the $60 rate, saving almost half!!

I just went online, clicked on Cancel and was given some new offers. I chose $60 for a year, so $5 a month. The only thing I don’t like is that it‘s set to Auto-Renew at the then going rate. I have made a notation in my calendar to cancel before that happens next year.

I’m happy not to have to think about this for another year. It’s always so annoying.

The above are my sentiments exactly - if they just offered that $5/month rate for as long as the customer wanted, they would have me as a customer again and probably many more, but I got tired of doing the "cancel dance" over and over so I just gave up. And then when I get a new offer in the mail every few days I always tell DW "I wonder if the money they spend on sending me these stupid offers over and over is more than what they'd get on my subscription cost" -- of course it probably isn't but geez I sure get a lot of their junk mail.

Thanks for the tips everyone! I had no idea you could renew online until I read this thread. My subscription renews tomorrow. I was dreading having to call & pretend to want to cancel. But thanks to this thread, I renewed online with the $60 for 12 months! Dissers are the best! :goodvibes

I just did an online chat to cancel the service in my car since I'm working from home and not driving it at all except to run errands twice a month. I had absolutely no intention to keep the service. Their first offer was $60 plus taxes and fees for a one year contract. I declined so then the agent chatted me with info regarding future $15 activation fee if I plan to turn it back on again (which I know you can get waived later if I really wanted it). I advised that I still wanted to cancel so he offered me a 3 month package at only $2 total (no additional taxes or fees). This is for the All Access plan. I took the $2 deal and they pro-rated my cancelled package which I still had a few days left. I basically paid pennies for them to extend my contract another 3 months, at which time I will do this song and dance with them to cancel again.

I got the Sirius lifetime plan for $400 in 2006, still listen every day using the streaming service via Bluetooth in my car and home. At the time my wife thought I was nuts but it seems like a good deal now since I’ve never paid them any more money.
I also bought xm lifetime subscription. I actually bought 2. One for my wifes cars and one for my car.

$60 for the year. Would pay extra to not have to listen to the MTV VJs on the 80s channel. lol. They make me feel old. 😬

I just did 3 months for $1.90. Really was going to cancel but I’ll probably cancel in November.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!