Anyone rent out their camper

rideswithchrist

DIS Veteran
I am tossing around the idea of renting out our next camper as a source of (camping) income. Does anyone have any experience doing so with Outdoorsy?

Since we are in TX, we pretty much camp year-round and can rent it out year round.

this topic came up last year also. But here is my 2 cents.
We would not, simply because we keep our camper loaded and ready to camp thru the season (us northerners have only a limited time). It is a hassle to have to remove all our PERSONAL stuff that would be in the trailer to allow it to be rented out. It is bad enough at the end of the season when we winterize and in spring when we have to restock. Up here all liquids must be removed from the trailer, etc. The thought of having to clean out the trailer then put our stuff back in after, not much fun. And what if they make a mess, while you may be able to charge a fee, one still has to take time to clean it up. In our trailer we have light color carpets, so there is a no shoe in the trailer rule. Hard to enforce if renting, and last year we camped one weekend it rained from start to finish, the carpets would have been a mess as there was mud everywhere, outside.
For us, just not worth the time, effort for the money.

It's an intriguing idea. However, one of the things I love about our camper, as opposed to hotels is OUR OWN BED. Not sure I want strangers in it.

No strangers in our bed or bath - that's 'one' of the reasons we have an RV - the main one! The rest of the reasons are -
we enjoy it immensely and use it often......
NO ONE takes care of your RV like you do!

I am tossing around the idea of renting out our next camper as a source of (camping) income. Does anyone have any experience doing so with Outdoorsy?

Since we are in TX, we pretty much camp year-round and can rent it out year round.
Sorry no experience renting out a camper but you might want to ask this question at goodsamclub.com or similar RV forums as well. Questions like insurance, rental and security deposits are discussed in great detail.

The only solution to the concern of some for the want of exclusive privacy I can think of off the top of my head is to buy extra mattresses that you only use when renting out.

HTH.

I bought new mattresses for all beds for a reason. I want anyone sleeping in my bed!

Also, the camper has its own set of dishes and personal items for ease. Don't want to share those items either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!