• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Anyone stayed at the Doubletree Suites at Downtown Disney?

kriffer

Earning My Ears
Family of 6 needing at least 2 separate bedrooms. Would like to use Disney transportation, but looking for a better rate than the Disney owned hotels. Any info on the Downtown Disney resorts is appreciated!

My DH and I spent our honeymoon there since most of the Disney hotels were booked. This hotel is considered one of the 7 official hotels of Disney. They have bus transport to the parks that we found very useful. The rooms in this hotel were very nice and spacious. We used room service and it was good. Plus you get chocolate chip cookies when you check in!! They have an atrium in the lobby with neat birds. They also have a gift shop that sells Disney souvies and tickets. The hotel staff was very courteous. The pool looked good, but we didnt have enough time to check it out. Their is a restaurant in the lobby called Streamers. It has typical american fare. All in all we would stay here again if we couldnt get on-site. We were going to stay here this fall but they wont allow dogs, so we have to stay elsewhere. My folks are coming with us with their dog, so we are staying off-site at the new Marriott Residence Inn at LBV north. It also looks good, and they have rooms big enough to hold 7. Their hotel is supposed to be right behind the crossroads shopping center. This shopping center is accross the street from the 7 hotels of Disney, so it is not far from the doubletree. We were given a rate of $109.00(aaa rate) per night, and this includes breakfast. The suite we got is 2 bedroom with 2 queens, 1 king, and a sleeper sofa. This resort might be better for you since you wouldnt have to get 2 rooms. The doubletree's rates are a little higher. 3yrs ago we paid $156.00 for a suite with 2 queens. Either way check them both out, and good luck!!

Fiver

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter