Anyone stayed in or have thoughts on Cabins 2575/2577 on Wonder?

DisneyPoly

<font color=0000FF>A Dream is a Wish your Heart Ma
Just booked our first cruise and these are our rooms, Category 10, 2nd level. Any thoughts from all of you veterans?

Looks like a good location. It's underneath Triton's, so you won't have nightclub noise. The two rooms adjoin with each other, so you don't have to worry about hearing other families through the connecting door. About halfway between the midships and aft elevators. Looks great.

I stayed in 2574 just across the hall from you. Definitely a nice, quiet location. I never noticed any of the dreaded noises that may be associated with the 2nd deck. The only problem that I did encounter was my DD3 falling asleep the first night in Animator's Palate and the third night on the floor in Shutters! Being a single mom and traveling alone with her, at those particular times when I had to struggle with carrying her as well as whatever else I had with me and wearing high heels down to our room!

That said, I would definitely stay in the same room again if I had the opportunity!

MOST OF ALL.......HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME!!!!

Bump.
I am considering switching to a category 9 from a 5 to save $1000. That would put us on deck 2. What are the "dreaded noises" associated with deck 2? Is switching a big mistake???

Originally posted by liza

What are the "dreaded noises" associated with deck 2?

I had more than one question about the noise on Deck 2 while I maintained a "Let me answer your questions, 'live' from the Magic" thread (<a href="http://www.disboards.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=38440">link</a>) during our 5/26 Magic cruise, so I went down to Deck 2 and did my own evaluation.

First of all, let me state that, for the majority of the rooms, Deck 2 is very quiet and you should have no problem staying there. But there are some zones where staterooms are near loud mechanical equipment (electrical lockers, transformer rooms, a/c equipment rooms, ship's propellers, cargo hatches, etc.).

So with the disclaimer that "your mileage may vary" and that you may be willing to put up with the "dull roar" in exchange for a good fare, these are the rooms that are in noisy zones:

<nl><li>2000 - 2004
<li>2036 - 2045
<li>2078 - 2096
<li>2114 - 2129
<li>2139 - 2153
<li>2500 - 2509
<li>2586 - 2600
<li>2626
<li>2630 - 2653</nl>

Also, on Deck 1, you might want to avoid 1030 - 1037.

The noise in these zones is not so loud that it would ruin your vacation, but if you are sensitive to noise, you would probably want to consider another room or be sure to bring earplugs to wear when you go to bed.

We were in 2530 and it was very noisy. We were under one of the night clubs I think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!