Anyone still waiting for their stimulus?

If you need help with your checks, please reach out to your Congressional representative. Most of them have a constituent liaison that can help you. That is a large part of your representative's job - to help their constituents navigate the federal bureaucracy. And because they control the purse strings, they often get action MUCH faster than the average citizen.

Example: I had a question about unemployment in my state and my state representative was SUPER helpful. At a time when it was almost impossible to get through to a live person, I got a call back from unemployment within 7-10 business days and a follow-up from my rep's office to make sure that I was taken care of.

Update** I am the OP. My son spent a ton of time trying to chase this down, talked w the IRS and they said that since he was listed as a student dependent in 2018 which is what the checks were based off of, he's out of luck. There is some small possibility that when next years taxes are done, and his 2019 taxes are looked at, he might get it in his refund but there is no firm information on this. Sigh... :(

I wonder why your tax pro told you he would be getting a check. We had two dependent students in 2018 and neither received a check and we knew that from the get go.

There is talk of including all dependents in the next round of checks, if there is one, but we will see.

I wonder why your tax pro told you he would be getting a check. We had two dependent students in 2018 and neither received a check and we knew that from the get go.

There is talk of including all dependents in the next round of checks, if there is one, but we will see.

Well they said once the 2019 taxes were received and recorded (he filed late March) and it was shown that he was not a dependent for 2019 that it would kick in, but it never did.

Well they said once the 2019 taxes were received and recorded (he filed late March) and it was shown that he was not a dependent for 2019 that it would kick in, but it never did.

I think a lot of people were told that and it didn’t pan out, unfortunately.

Follow up.....

The stimulus that was never received was credited to my son's tax return this year for an additional $1200 refund. Make sure you get yours!!!

We submitted our taxes on 2/19 hoping to get the additional $1800, since for some reason my husband never got any of the stimulus money. I am not sure when we are going to get the federal refund, from what I have heard it can take 10 weeks if you claimed that you were missing the stimulus. With the new stimulus coming soon, I am doubtful we will get his this time around since our taxes still have not been processed.

Follow up.....

The stimulus that was never received was credited to my son's tax return this year for an additional $1200 refund. Make sure you get yours!!!

Thanks for the follow up! I will check with my son.

Follow up.....

Shouldn't it be $1200 + $600 for both stimulus payments? Or did he get one of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter