Anyone Transfer Between 2 UYs Every Year?

DisneyStarWisher

Love My DVC!!!
We have two 50-point HHI contracts purchased directly with June UYs. We are thinking of adding points. We want to take two trips each year, one in the spring and one in the fall. We will mostly be doing 5 nights in a 1-BR for 135 points, but every so often we would like to do a family trip probably in the fall at 235 points. I'm thinking of adding on around 200 points probably with an April UY, but it would require us to transfer either 35 points (for our solo fall trips) or 135 points (for our family fall trips) from our April UY contract to our June UY contracts. Does anyone do something similar?

Following because I'm interested to hear from this highly intelligent and experienced forum that we have! 🧠💡

Just purchased a contract with a different UY, because of the price point. Now we have 3 contracts in Feb and our largest (SAP) in Oct. We also look at two trips (Feb/Oct) each year. I do wish that I had waited for one within the same Feb UY, but I think this is doable. I like a project. I like something that keeps me on my toes. Maybe I'll change my mind after working with these different UYs for a couple of years.

We don’t do the transfer. We just book nights in each and ask them to link with a note so we don’t change rooms.

Once transferred, you really need to keep track because you won’t see the points expect when you go to book.

But, transferring yearly isn’t an issue if you prefer. The big piece is that if you ever want or need to borrow, you can’t do it with transferred points.

And, while DVC has been allowing members with multiple members to transfer between themselves multiple times as well as allowing the transfer of banked points, those rules can change.

We don’t do the transfer. We just book nights in each and ask them to link with a note so we don’t change rooms.

Once transferred, you really need to keep track because you won’t see the points expect when you go to book.

But, transferring yearly isn’t an issue if you prefer. The big piece is that if you ever want or need to borrow, you can’t do it with transferred points.

And, while DVC has been allowing members with multiple members to transfer between themselves multiple times as well as allowing the transfer of banked points, those rules can change.
Booking separate nights might make sense to me if I stop to write it out on paper. My initial thoughts were if I have 200 April points, I would use 135 for a 1-BR in April, leaving 65. I would transfer 35 to the 100 June points to book a 1-BR in October. After the transfer, it would leave 30 in the April UY to bank. The next year, I would have 230, and I would continue the process. After a few years, there would be enough points in the April UY to transfer 100 points to the June UY for the family trip. This would result in a family trip about every 3 years. With this system, there would be no need to borrow points. There would only be banking or completely using all the points.

Not 2 different UY, but I do transfer most years between 2 contracts at the same resort, same UY, different owners. I have an old 25 pt contact that has me grandfathered into direct benefits. I later added my 2 adult daughters to that contract only (minimize the financial and marital exposure with their names on the contract) so their families also get member benefits. My other contracts have just my wife and me on the contracts. I wait until I have a reservation booked, then I call MS, transfer the 25 points and have them rebook using those points and "freeing" up the 25 points on my main contracts. Never been an issue.

Booking separate nights might make sense to me if I stop to write it out on paper. My initial thoughts were if I have 200 April points, I would use 135 for a 1-BR in April, leaving 65. I would transfer 35 to the 100 June points to book a 1-BR in October. After the transfer, it would leave 30 in the April UY to bank. The next year, I would have 230, and I would continue the process. After a few years, there would be enough points in the April UY to transfer 100 points to the June UY for the family trip. This would result in a family trip about every 3 years. With this system, there would be no need to borrow points. There would only be banking or completely using all the points.

Yes, that works too. If you had to cancel or change a trip, you just want to be sure that the points are where you’d want them to still be!

I would love to hear others' experiences with owning two UYs at the same resort.

My RIv points are in the Dec and Aug UY, and my VGf are in the June and Dec UY. My SSsr are just AUG.

I like it because the purpose of owning more than one was to that I had points to use for all times of travel.

Because we split stay it works really well. And if I need to, I just book some nights in on and some on the other.

But, the way I have it I have VGF and RIV to use for my Aug to January trips from the Aug and June UY and then save my RIV and VGF to use for December to July !

Transferring is trickier than it seems you can only transfer points that are not borrowed or banked points. You can only do it once a year

Transferring is trickier than it seems you can only transfer points that are not borrowed or banked points. You can only do it once a year

When you are transferring between memberships you own, they allow more than one transfer per UY. We are only limited when transferring to a different owner.

They also have recently allowed banked points to be transferred when going between memberships of the same owner.

So, these enhancements have made it easier for those of us who do own multiple UYs and memberships

I appreciate the information, but I’m really looking for personal experiences with doing it on a regular basis.

Last edited:
Two recent transfers between our own memberships:
- AUL points in Jun and Dec UY. Used Jun UY to book fall trip at 11-months. Needed a few more points after borrowing. So I booked 5 nights online. Then called MS to transfer the points needed from Dec UY and asked MS to add one more night to the reservation.
- Made reservation for 3 nights using available points from Dec UY at 7-months. Called MS to transfer points from Oct UY, and asked them to modify the reservation I had just made to add 3 more nights. I could’ve avoided the transfer by making two separate back-to-back reservations using points from two different UYs, but I didn’t want to have to wake up at 5am again (I am in CA) to book.

Two recent transfers between our own memberships:
- AUL points in Jun and Dec UY. Used Jun UY to book fall trip at 11-months. Needed a few more points after borrowing. So I booked 5 nights online. Then called MS to transfer the points needed from Dec UY and asked MS to add one more night to the reservation.
- Made reservation for 3 nights using available points from Dec UY at 7-months. Called MS to transfer points from Oct UY, and asked them to modify the reservation I had just made to add 3 more nights. I could’ve avoided the transfer by making two separate back-to-back reservations using points from two different UYs, but I didn’t want to have to wake up at 5am again (I am in CA) to book.
That's a good point. I would have to go online twice if I book separate reservations from two different UYs. The good thing is this isn't for WDW where that affects your dining reservations, etc. Also since I'm in KY, I can book at 7:00 am which isn't as bad as your situation.

When you are transferring between memberships you own, they allow more than one transfer per UY. We are only limited when transferring to a different owner.

They also have recently allowed banked points to be transferred when going between memberships of the same owner.

So, these enhancements have made it easier for those of us who do own multiple UYs and memberships
This is good to know. I'm thinking if I don't book separate reservations, I may want to transfer 35 points from April to June to book a 1-BR for October. But then if family decides to come with us, I would want to modify to a 2-BR and would need to transfer an additional 30 points.

Last edited:
I’m starting to think it might be better to buy a small 50-point contract with a June UY and then 150 points with an April UY. That will give me enough to book a 1-BR every spring and fall. Then when family comes we will either transfer a few points between UYs or we will book separate nights. I know this will cost more but it might be easier to keep up with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter