Anyone try Southwest to Hawaii?

We flew from BHM to SJC, overnight (for In-N-Out Burger), then SJC to OGG. Did OGG-HNL interisland, then HNL to OAK to SNA (though due to delay, we missed the SNA connection and they put us through to LAX).

All in all, I’d take SW again. I like the free movies and TV. If you need a meal, you would have to bring it with you. I will say I MUCH preferred SJC to OAK...

Thanks for the searches on those flights! Can I ask the search engine you use? I am looking at a non stop United next June (my dates are not completely released yet) with a Dulles-Honolulu direct for $1,080.00 basic (economy plus is $233.00 more) The Hawaiian flight you saw from Baltimore is very interesting and less. Hawaiian includes meals? We would love a non stop but I am interested in Hawaiian. I don't think their rates are released yet for next June either. Do you use google flights or another application?

Delta includes meals too, if that's an option. We connected through Atlanta and on the long haul portion of our flight - in coach - we had a choice of three hot meals. I opted for the ravioli which came with a caesar salad, breadstick, shrimp, cheese & crackers, and a brownie. This was served about an hour after takeoff. About an hour before landing, they handed out turkey sandwiches to everyone. They also came around multiple times offering unlimited drinks and snacks. We were quite impressed with the amenities offered to all fare classes., and the food was pretty decent! We never even tapped into the snacks we brought in our carry on bags.

If You have flights booked to Hawaii and to Oakland and decide you want to cancel do you get your money back?

I believe I’ve read that if you cancel with 24 hours of booking you will get a refund. Other than that then no you would not receive a refund. You will get a credit of the ticket cost. You have one year to complete your travel from the original purchase date.

If You have flights booked to Hawaii and to Oakland and decide you want to cancel do you get your money back?
Only if you purchase Anytime or Business Select flights. If you get a WGA fare, it is only refundable if you cancel within 24 hours, otherwise you only get a credit that you must use within 1 year of purchase date (not flight booked).

Only if you purchase Anytime or Business Select flights. If you get a WGA fare, it is only refundable if you cancel within 24 hours, otherwise you only get a credit that you must use within 1 year of purchase date (not flight booked).
OK gotta use it then

We just flew SW from the East coast to CA then Oahu within the past two weeks.

Since 2013, we’ve only flown SW (we use points, I’ve had the companion pass, etc). For this trip, we flew to San Jose and stayed over night. The next day we flew to Oahu. Terrific flights, all of them.

We bring extra batteries for our devices, we buy the $8 internet, we bring our own food on board, and we sit back and enjoy our flight. Two free bags per person is also a wonderful perk. I always buy the early bird check in. We’ve never had a problem sitting together.
Was this direct, no layover once you got to CA?

Was this direct, no layover once you got to CA?
No, I wanted a break in between for my family. We arrived in San Jose around 4:30, then we went to the Winchester Mystery House and In-n-Out burger for dinner. We stayed over night then flew to Oahu the next day.

No, I wanted a break in between for my family. We arrived in San Jose around 4:30, then we went to the Winchester Mystery House and In-n-Out burger for dinner. We stayed over night then flew to Oahu the next day.
Thanks, we did the same a few years ago when we went both directions stopping over one day in Cali

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!