Anyone try the RBT Fantasmic Premium seating?

jenbright

Mouseketeer
Curious if anyone tried out the Fantasmic Premium seating now that RBT has reopened and what your thoughts are. Pictures and reviews much appreciated!

Yes i am curious on any recent reviews too. I know there are some people who have reservations this week and will report back. Hopefully soon.popcorn::

Me too. Not happy about the upcharge increase. I hope the price increase is reflected in the experience.

Me three...
We have it booked for Jan 5th. Hope it's worth the cost for the viewing as I don't think either kid will eat what's on the menu!

Someone posted on the Fantasmic dining package thread that Yelp has new reviews of the RBT Fantasmic package. None are for the premium seating, but all are really low (like 1 star). Still holding out a bit of hope, but it sounds like I'll be canceling our reservation.

Someone posted on the Fantasmic dining package thread that Yelp has new reviews of the RBT Fantasmic package. None are for the premium seating, but all are really low (like 1 star). Still holding out a bit of hope, but it sounds like I'll be canceling our reservation.
Oh my those are horrible! (Like, the reviewers are so mad I question the authenticity of those all actually being different people but they do have other reviews on Yelp...) I hope we get some DISers perspectives on this but IF those reviews are accurate I wouldn't want anyone here to go through that!

Oh my those are horrible! (Like, the reviewers are so mad I question the authenticity of those all actually being different people but they do have other reviews on Yelp...) I hope we get some DISers perspectives on this but IF those reviews are accurate I wouldn't want anyone here to go through that!

Yeah, I always look to see if they are recently created accounts to kind of determine if the reviews are legit.

Yeah, I always look to see if they are recently created accounts to kind of determine if the reviews are legit.
And like I posted elsewhere. Some of the reviewers where vegan so their food review would not apply to me. While others seemed to no be aware of what they were paying for and did not like that they were sitting on the floor to view fantasmic. I will wait to see what the premium reviews have to say.

Yikes! from that video I would not pay extra for it - the view does look lousy.

I think for that quality of view, I would rather sit for free on the wall in front of HM. Maybe people who get to sit at the railing have a better view, although the walkway in front of the restaurant remains open throughout the show, which might be distracting. But not that many parties can sit at the railing. If I ended up at a table toward the back, I wouldn't be able to see much at all.

Judging by the video shown by Flatters post we sat at a table a little to the right side of this area back in August. Our view of the show was great for us so maybe to each their own opinion as they say. However, trying to see the ACTUAL Fireworks was challenging due to the tree tops that BLOCKED the view!!!
I will not sit on the ground in the middle of the walkway and prefer the food at RBT over BB any way so it was the right choice for us.

Judging by the video shown by Flatters post we sat at a table a little to the right side of this area back in August. Our view of the show was great for us so maybe to each their own opinion as they say. However, trying to see the ACTUAL Fireworks was challenging due to the tree tops that BLOCKED the view!!!
I will not sit on the ground in the middle of the walkway and prefer the food at RBT over BB any way so it was the right choice for us.

Thanks for this! I am going back and forth - basically, if we want to see it this is the ONLY way we will do it as my little guy has some special needs and sitting on the ground/waiting for an extended time just won't happen. I was confused by the video as, to me, the view was awful but the comments by the poster said they had an amazing experience! I am wondering if the video is of the fireworks rather than Fantasmic? I will hold on to the reservation for now and hope some recent posters have the same positive experience as you!

Thank YOU

Flattes I'm with you- going back and forth on whether to keep my reservation. So I appreciate all feedback and reviews. Maybe there are some folks going this weekend that might report back. My boys would probably enjoy the show, but with the price increase it might make more sense for us to save the money or spend it elsewhere.

Thanks for this! I am going back and forth - basically, if we want to see it this is the ONLY way we will do it as my little guy has some special needs and sitting on the ground/waiting for an extended time just won't happen. I was confused by the video as, to me, the view was awful but the comments by the poster said they had an amazing experience! I am wondering if the video is of the fireworks rather than Fantasmic? I will hold on to the reservation for now and hope some recent posters have the same positive experience as you!

Thank YOU
We have also been going back and forth because of the reviews. I end up showing DD9 the video and she said she rather view from RBT with food than sit on the floor. I decided to keep our reservations and hope for the best. If we do end up canceling we will do a nice dinner somewhere but not WoC.

So, we just got back form the parks for a week with my wife and we did the RBT premium seating, here is my thoughts.

1) food was good not great. We both loved the corn chowder, but my ribs were not special, and her pulled pork sandwich was average at best. My wife had the parfait and she enjoyed it, I asked to sub the apple cobbler and I really liked it.

2) the view. We put in our reservation on the first day we could as early as we could hoping for a front row table by the railing. That is exactly what we got. The view was good not great. There were people walking in front of our table as there is an walk way there, and there were cast members with those little flash lights there the whole time. For us it did not spoil the view, but if you are easily distracted by that kind of thing you will be disappointed. I would say the view for us was almost equal to the old view would get at the dessert party, but with more things in front of us to distract you, (again, we were able to ignore this stuff and it really didn't bother us)

3) the bad. If we were seated in the back of the area we would have been VERY upset about the view. It gets exponentially worse the father to the back you get seated, Our seat with no one in front of us were fine, but the rest of the area is flat, so you will have to look through whoever is seated in front of you. If we were back there I would have been very bummed we paid the extra money for the seats.

Over all I would do it again, esp. if I could make sure we are seated on the rail. I would guess they assign seating first booked first at the rail, but I can not confirm that. The value for the food and the seat is not bad, but gets terrible fast if you are not on the rail.

Hope this helps!!!!!

-Lane

Lane thanks so much for reporting back! I wish there was a way to know for sure where you would be sitting. I called in the morning but I think it was the 59 day mark since the date I was calling for turned out to not be running Fantasmic. Hmmmm decisions, decisions.

So, we just got back form the parks for a week with my wife and we did the RBT premium seating, here is my thoughts.

1) food was good not great. We both loved the corn chowder, but my ribs were not special, and her pulled pork sandwich was average at best. My wife had the parfait and she enjoyed it, I asked to sub the apple cobbler and I really liked it.

2) the view. We put in our reservation on the first day we could as early as we could hoping for a front row table by the railing. That is exactly what we got. The view was good not great. There were people walking in front of our table as there is an walk way there, and there were cast members with those little flash lights there the whole time. For us it did not spoil the view, but if you are easily distracted by that kind of thing you will be disappointed. I would say the view for us was almost equal to the old view would get at the dessert party, but with more things in front of us to distract you, (again, we were able to ignore this stuff and it really didn't bother us)

3) the bad. If we were seated in the back of the area we would have been VERY upset about the view. It gets exponentially worse the father to the back you get seated, Our seat with no one in front of us were fine, but the rest of the area is flat, so you will have to look through whoever is seated in front of you. If we were back there I would have been very bummed we paid the extra money for the seats.

Over all I would do it again, esp. if I could make sure we are seated on the rail. I would guess they assign seating first booked first at the rail, but I can not confirm that. The value for the food and the seat is not bad, but gets terrible fast if you are not on the rail.

Hope this helps!!!!!

-Lane
Thanks for the review.

Hope this helps!!!!!

-Lane

Thanks For this review. I am hoping more people share their experience. Do you have any pictures or video of the view you had?

I will try to upload a video I took. I didn't take any pictures, but I did get a little video.

-Lane

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter