Anyone up for a little smoke...

The news this afternoon said the firs is 2 miles from Disney property but Disney has released a statement saying nothing will be closed and they are safe.
I woke Thursday at Boardwalk and the air in the room was fine, but as soon as I went into the hallway I could smell the smoke. I went over to MK and the air was not bad, but when I got off the monorail at Epcot it was strong. It was very humid and foggy on thursday morning so that held the smoke down, but by the time I left property at 11 it had begun to clear a lot.
If you have asthma and are going down to the parks try to avoid going out in the early morning and later in the evening when the smoke again begins to settle. Peggie

Well now I am glad we had to go home on Wed. I was upset to leave but I would have had a problem breathing if we had been there on Thurs. We could see a different fire a couple days before burning from our window in the Dolphin, but it was put out the next day and never caused much of a problem at Disney. Hopefully the fires down there now will be put out soon and everyone will be safe.

Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter