Anyone watch Friends last night?

Minnie824

DIS Veteran
I have to commend Rachel for what an amazing mother she is! Not only is little Emma never around, but she has so much time to sit around the coffee house and go get tons of massages! And, she lost all that weight so fast....Does anyone else who has a little baby have that much free time? :D

I sure wish we could all lose the baby weight that fast! Of course, in real life Sarah Jessica Parker lost the weight. But, I am sure she had help from trainers.

My sister and I were discussing that last night. She's getting a massage and Ross was in the coffee house. Where is the baby? Actually I don't think they shown or mentioned the baby for a few weeks. She'll probably be in kindergarten next time we see her.

I was thinking the same thing, and also asked, doesn't she ever work? Maybe it's her maternity leave, I guess.

I was glad to see the Monica/Chandler storyline turn to infertility. My DH and I went through that and had exactly the same problem they have -- that it was BOTH of their problems and not just one or the other. I'd love to see them turn to adoption.

But, you know what another good storyline would be? Since Jaaaaanice, was also at the infertility clinic, wouldn't it be interesting to see what would happen if she turned out to be a surrogate mother for Chandler and Monica's baby? Of course, that story kind of happened already with Phoebe and her brother, so they may not do it again.

Originally posted by FOJMO
I was thinking the same thing, and also asked, doesn't she ever work? Maybe it's her maternity leave, I guess.

Nope, she already went back to work. But then, they never really show any of the characters working all that often. I can't remember the last time I saw Ross at the college.

Originally posted by Minnie824
I think the last time he was there was when he was dating his student. ;)

Nah, that whole "roller-blading-across-town-to-teach" episode was more recent than that... Now you've got me thinking!!

Last we saw ... at work:
Phoebe -- 5/1, massaging Rachel
Monica -- 4/17, Phoebe was singing outside her restuarant
Rachel -- 1/16, when she ends up kissing her coworker
Joey -- 4/17, Joey uses Rachel as inspiration on set
Chandler -- job mentioned in 4/3 Lottery episode, 1/9 we saw him AT work
Ross -- OK, can't find anything within the last two seasons... Wow, so Ross is the one who never works!

LOL! I mentioned the same thing to DH a few weeks ago...where is this baby? Seems to be the same on Everybody Loves Raymond lately. The kids are never around, the parents have uninterrupted conversations, and the house is a lot cleaner(less toys) than it used to be.

When was it when Ross had the accent while teaching? Actually, that was probably way back, when he started teaching. The rollerblading across down would be more recent.

How old should the baby be now, about 7 months? Thats not too quick for Rachel to be back in shape. Remember, they did have her still looking like a new mom for month or so after the baby was born.

The funny thing is my DS (13) commented on how Rachel just had a baby and she is never with her! Middle DS is confused that Rachel and Ross had a baby and date others. At least I can say they were married once - lol :rolleyes: ! I never used to let them watch it, but this year they've wanted to see it so I figure they are old enough now.

I read yesterday that Coutney Cox Arquette is actually 3 months pregnant in "real" life. I think they'll probably write it into the show so they won't have to hide her pooch (which it is all it will be since she is such a waif).

I read yesterday that Coutney Cox Arquette is actually 3 months pregnant in "real" life. I think they'll probably write it into the show so they won't have to hide her pooch (which it is all it will be since she is such a waif).
My SIL was a waif until she got pregnant. She has spread out ALL over and is, quite possibly, the ugliest pregnant woman I've ever seen. Most pregnant women glow and look wonderful, even if they don't believe it themselves, but not my SIL. The fact that we don't get along has nothing to do with my opinion, though.;)

That's nice if she's really pregnant, but I just can't see that goofy husband of hers as a father.

My SIL was a waif until she got pregnant. She has spread out ALL over and is, quite possibly, the ugliest pregnant woman I've ever seen. Most pregnant women glow and look wonderful, even if they don't believe it themselves, but not my SIL. The fact that we don't get along has nothing to do with my opinion, though.

Me-oww!!

Originally posted by RUDisney
That's nice if she's really pregnant, but I just can't see that goofy husband of hers as a father.

Are you talking about Chandler (Matthew Perry) or David Arquette. I think they're both adorable and hilarious!!!

Originally posted by WeirdEyes

The publicist for both Cox and Arquette have denied any and all pregnancy rumors.

I mean Arquette as the goofy husband/father. I just can't imagine him being capable of caring for an infant. I know that it's just his public persona that I know, but he just seems too eccentric to me.

You guys do realize this show is PRETEND;) :p and made for entertainment purposes, and in my pretend world it definetly would be made up of massages no work and a coffee house full of friends.:smooth:

You guys do realize this show is PRETEND;) :p and made for entertainment purposes, and in my pretend world it definetly would be made up of massages no work and a coffee house full of friends.:smooth:
That's why I wanted to clarify my position on which father I thought wouldn't be a good one. Chandler will be as good/bad/goofy as the writers make him. David would have to do it in real life with out a script.:eek:

Originally posted by RUDisney
That's why I wanted to clarify my position on which father I thought wouldn't be a good one. Chandler will be as good/bad/goofy as the writers make him. David would have to do it in real life with out a script.:eek:

But how do you know what kind of father David Arquette would be, aside from some goofy characters he's played on TV and in movies? :confused:

That would be great if Courtney Cox was pregnant in real life! I read somewhere that she was having a very hard time conceiving, and I think she even had a miscarriage :(

As for Ross and his job, how about him meeting that other female professor (I can't remember her name!) and had that meeting with the boring male professor.

Originally posted by Steve H.
But how do you know what kind of father David Arquette would be, aside from some goofy characters he's played on TV and in movies? :confused:
I thought I clarified that by my statement earlier:

"I know that it's just his public persona that I know, but he just seems too eccentric to me."

He may be very well grounded and one heck of an actor (I doubt that part, though. ;) ) Sometimes the "odd" ones make the best parents.... sometimes, they don't. Time will tell on that one.... and maybe People magazine. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter