"Anytime FP" messes up ability to get rolling FP?

Jennasis

DIS life goes on
We had an interesting situation in Epcot last week. We had a FP for Spaceship Earth, but the ride must have gone down at some point because we got the notice that our FP for it had been replaced with the ubiquitous "Anytime FP". The Spaceship Earth FP we originally had would have been our second of three made at 60 days out. So we used our anytime pass, then we used our remaining 3rd FP like usual, but when we went to go make a 4th FP the system would NOT let us make one for any Tier 1 attractions. It was as if the Anytime pass was not being recognized as our 2nd of 3 original FP reservations. We went to Guest Services to have it fixed, and the Cm too was perplexed by this and couldn't fix it (though ultimately he made it MORE than okay...by a lot. The guy is like totes my hero now LOL).

Has anyone else encountered an Anytime pass messing up their ability to get 4th and beyond Tier 1 attractions?

We had an interesting situation in Epcot last week. We had a FP for Spaceship Earth, but the ride must have gone down at some point because we got the notice that our FP for it had been replaced with the ubiquitous "Anytime FP". The Spaceship Earth FP we originally had would have been our second of three made at 60 days out. So we used our anytime pass, then we used our remaining 3rd FP like usual, but when we went to go make a 4th FP the system would NOT let us make one for any Tier 1 attractions. It was as if the Anytime pass was not being recognized as our 2nd of 3 original FP reservations. We went to Guest Services to have it fixed, and the Cm too was perplexed by this and couldn't fix it (though ultimately he made it MORE than okay...by a lot. The guy is like totes my hero now LOL).

Has anyone else encountered an Anytime pass messing up their ability to get 4th and beyond Tier 1 attractions?
The “Anytime” is a Bonus and I wrote this section in the FP FAQ ADDENDUM:
“Anytime FPs/Multiple Experience FPs

If you receive an Anytime FP due to a ride closure or as Guest Recovery from a CM, treat it as a Bonus FP - it doesn’t count as one of your initial 3 pre-booked FPs.

As soon as you receive the Anytime FP for a downed ride, go into MDX and book another regular FP to replace the FP for the downed ride to complete your total of 3 initial FPs.

Use your 3 initial FPs during their true hour-long window and save your Anytime FP for a ride of your choice as described by the Anytime FP - there may be restrictions and exclusions.

You must use (or allow to expire) your initial 3 FPs before you can book FP#4. You’ll be able to book FP#4 even if you are saving your Anytime FP to use later in the day.”

Thats exactly it. You still need to go book another one in place ... that one is just extra ... I typically try to get the ride thats down so I get more anytime fast passes HAHA

The “Anytime” is a Bonus and I wrote this section in the FP FAQ ADDENDUM:
“Anytime FPs/Multiple Experience FPs

If you receive an Anytime FP due to a ride closure or as Guest Recovery from a CM, treat it as a Bonus FP - it doesn’t count as one of your initial 3 pre-booked FPs.

As soon as you receive the Anytime FP for a downed ride, go into MDX and book another regular FP to replace the FP for the downed ride to complete your total of 3 initial FPs.

Use your 3 initial FPs during their true hour-long window and save your Anytime FP for a ride of your choice as described by the Anytime FP - there may be restrictions and exclusions.

You must use (or allow to expire) your initial 3 FPs before you can book FP#4. You’ll be able to book FP#4 even if you are saving your Anytime FP to use later in the day.”

Aha! Good to know! Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter