AP Discount Watch and FAQ 2023. 10% - 40% off select nights July 11 - Sept 28; Oct 2 - Dec 25

I'm sure this has been asked on here before, and maybe this is the wrong thread to ask, but I'm considering getting an AP for several reasons. We are DVC members (but do not qualify for the DVC AP) and will be staying on DVC property on our points. However, I'm working on planning an extended family trip for 2020. Am I allowed to book a room using my pass as long as I am present at check in or do I need to actually be on the reservation? Thanks!
You can book up to 2 additional rooms for guests traveling with you and will just need to show your AP. I would suggest you book over the phone.

Would there be any point in checking on rates for early November this early in the year? I don't have an AP yet but I will in early April (upgrading a military salute ticket in February for an April activation date). Once I upgrade my ticket to an AP, will I be able to access the AP rates before I actually activate it? Or will I need to wait until I activate it to be able to see AP rates? Thank you!!!

Would there be any point in checking on rates for early November this early in the year? I don't have an AP yet but I will in early April (upgrading a military salute ticket in February for an April activation date). Once I upgrade my ticket to an AP, will I be able to access the AP rates before I actually activate it? Or will I need to wait until I activate it to be able to see AP rates? Thank you!!!
AP rates are only out through June 30th. I would not expect to see AP rates for November until summer.

You will be able to see AP rates once you have an AP voucher (it doesn’t have to be activated). I’m not sure what you mean by upgrading ticket to AP in February but activating in April. If you use your ticket in February, your AP will be automatically activated when you upgrade (unless you are not upgrading a ticket that you are using?).

Last edited:

AP rates are only out through June 30th. I would not expect to see AP rates for November until summer.

You will be able to see AP rates once you have an AP voucher (it doesn’t have to be activated). I’m not sure what you mean by upgrading ticket to AP in February but activating in April. If you use your ticket in February, your AP will be automatically activated when you upgrade (unless you are not upgrading a ticket that you are using?).

Thanks!! I wasn't figuring on AP discounts in November, but a girl can dream :-)

Sorry for the confusion on my ticket situation! I'll be using my Military Salute ticket for Spring Break (in April) but will be down in WDW in a little over a week for the Princess Half Marathon. I'm planning on upgrading my ticket to an AP then, but not activating it until April. I can do that, right?

Thank you!

Thanks!! I wasn't figuring on AP discounts in November, but a girl can dream :-)

Sorry for the confusion on my ticket situation! I'll be using my Military Salute ticket for Spring Break (in April) but will be down in WDW in a little over a week for the Princess Half Marathon. I'm planning on upgrading my ticket to an AP then, but not activating it until April. I can do that, right?

Thank you!
So you are not using a ticket in February. But you want to upgrade your April ticket to an AP then. I think what happens is that your AP will be activated, but your first date won't start running until you go through the turnstiles with that AP. But, just to make sure, ask Robo in the ticket and upgrade stickie:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/all-about-tickets-upgrades.3570721/
I highly doubt we'll see any AP discounts for the end of the year prior to your April trip, so if you have to wait until then to upgrade your ticket to AP, you won't really miss any discounts. And if for any reason, they do come out, we'll post them in this thread and you can call and book over the phone.

One more passholder discount question. If I book a room with a passholder discount, can the room still add the dining plan if they choose to?

One more passholder discount question. If I book a room with a passholder discount, can the room still add the dining plan if they choose to?

I have added the dining plan to an AP room only reservation several times. However, when I booked the room online it didn't offer me the option to add dining but when I called the CMs have added the dining with no problem.

Y'all my brain has gone fuzzy...

How do I figure out what the price would be if I used the pass holder discount? I don't have an AP right now, but a couple trips ago, I went ahead and got one because it ended up saving me money with the pass holder discount on the room. I'm booked at CSR right now with the general public sun and fun discount, but I think 35% will be better. Can anyone help me? TIA!

Y'all my brain has gone fuzzy...

How do I figure out what the price would be if I used the pass holder discount? I don't have an AP right now, but a couple trips ago, I went ahead and got one because it ended up saving me money with the pass holder discount on the room. I'm booked at CSR right now with the general public sun and fun discount, but I think 35% will be better. Can anyone help me? TIA!

You can call CRO & ask. You don’t need an AP for a quote. Or you can post your dates & someone might be able to check the website for you

You can call CRO & ask. You don’t need an AP for a quote. Or you can post your dates & someone might be able to check the website for you

I called and they wouldn't let me check because I have an existing reservation through a TA. :confused3

My dates are 5/22-30 and I'm looking for a standard room at CSR/POR/POFQ or WL/AKL if the price is right! If anyone could help me, I'd appreciate it

I called and they wouldn't let me check because I have an existing reservation through a TA. :confused3

My dates are 5/22-30 and I'm looking for a standard room at CSR/POR/POFQ or WL/AKL if the price is right! If anyone could help me, I'd appreciate it

I checked with my AP discount- there is some availability those dates:

CSR standard is $150/night
POR- no standard avail, garden view $230/night
POFQ- standard is $228/night
WL- no standard avail, courtyard view is $392/night
AKL- no standard avail, pool view is $296/night

Hope this helps!

I checked with my AP discount- there is some availability those dates:

CSR standard is $150/night
POR- no standard avail, garden view $230/night
POFQ- standard is $228/night
WL- no standard avail, courtyard view is $392/night
AKL- no standard avail, pool view is $296/night

Hope this helps!

Thank you!!! That’s $23/night less than what we hAve booked at CSR!

Would anyone be willing to check AP prices for 5/19-5/24 for 3 adults at any Epcot resort for any view (including club level)? Any help is much appreciated! :flower3:

Would anyone be willing to check AP prices for 5/19-5/24 for 3 adults at any Epcot resort for any view (including club level)? Any help is much appreciated! :flower3:

YC waterview Club Level $515

BWI standard club level $487
Deluxe room club level $570

BC garden view $403
Waterview. $439
Standard club level $525
Garden club level $575
Waterview club level $600
1 bedroom suite $837

BCV 1 bedroom $564
2 bedroom $956

Also, I believe those prices include the 3rd adult charge.

Three adults for those dates:

BWI - CL Std. View: $487.28, CL Deluxe Room: $570.80

Beach Club - Garden or Woods View: $403.76. Water View: $439.88, CL Std. $525.70, CL Garden: $575.54

Yacht Club - CL Water View: $515.36

Edit: Too slow - lol! Happy Planning!

Trying to book online for May 5-10 at a value or moderate and nothing is coming up. Tried calling to book and something opened for May 6-10 so we took it. Hoping to add the other night later. The crowd levels look low at that time. The weekends are supposed to have cheer leading competition. I suppose that they stay at the value resorts?

Trying to book online for May 5-10 at a value or moderate and nothing is coming up. Tried calling to book and something opened for May 6-10 so we took it. Hoping to add the other night later. The crowd levels look low at that time. The weekends are supposed to have cheer leading competition. I suppose that they stay at the value resorts?
I believe they will also be at CBR and CSR, though to a lesser extent.

Any guesstimate on when APH rates might roll out for end of August?

There is a promotion currently in place for discounted rooms those dates, booking expires 3/24

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!