AP Holder and new reservation system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here, September reservations at the BW, taking our second large out of state trip on a platinum AP. To be blunt if I am travelling 1,000 miles, have purchased a Platinum AP, and am staying in a Deluxe on site property I expect park access every day and no hassles about it. A block of reservations should be included with the villa booking. This is a minimal expectation given what I have been charged and the already reduced park experience. Maybe Disney needs to think like an airline. When airlines overbook or cancel a flight they can re-book you a seat on a competitor with a similar flight schedule. If Disney can't provide entrance while I am there they should get me a ticket and free Minnie van transportation for Universal. It needs to be a ticket for both Universal parks as I had a park hopper AP. Maybe they could kick in a Seaworld option as well! :)

Airlines typically only rebook you on other airlines if the issue is their fault (not counting overbooking) like if the plane they scheduled you to fly on breaks down or something, and they rarely do it when there are weather issues unless you are a top-tier frequent flier (and even then not often).

That said, I really don't think most people on DISBoards are going to have to worry much about park reservations. They aren't going to be like an Ohana ADR or FOP/SDD FP that disappear immediately. Conservatively, we are talking 10-30k people in each park, unlike something like Ohana which has the capacity for 500-750 people per night. So long as you book park reservations when you are able to book them you should be fine (and based on the info we have since you have a resort reservation and an AP you should be within any priority window they create). The only park I could see issues with is MK and even then, it probably won't run out within the priority window just maybe sometime within the general reservation window (depending on whether things like SWGE will be opening with DHS and whatnot).

Disney has to establish that a resort reservation doesn't guarantee park entry because it literally does not do that. Under the new rules, those with resort reservations are still going to have to make a park reservation as well. With whatever priority system Disney comes up with it should be fine for those who take advantage of the priority window or even just reserve their parks reasonably in advance. The caveat that a resort reservation doesn't guarantee park entry is mostly targeted at the resort guests that will show up at their resort with no park reservations and then get mad when they can't go to the parks. It's shocking to me how many people I know who have made resort reservations and bought tickets well within the previous ADR and FP+ windows and then don't take advantage of them and come back cranky about lines and how hard it was to eat anywhere. Disney knows that there will be people with resort who don't make park reservations and show up expecting to get in, so they have to make it clear that that is not the case.

Airlines typically only rebook you on other airlines if the issue is their fault (not counting overbooking) like if the plane they scheduled you to fly on breaks down or something, and they rarely do it when there are weather issues unless you are a top-tier frequent flier (and even then not often).

That said, I really don't think most people on DISBoards are going to have to worry much about park reservations. They aren't going to be like an Ohana ADR or FOP/SDD FP that disappear immediately. Conservatively, we are talking 10-30k people in each park, unlike something like Ohana which has the capacity for 500-750 people per night. So long as you book park reservations when you are able to book them you should be fine (and based on the info we have since you have a resort reservation and an AP you should be within any priority window they create). The only park I could see issues with is MK and even then, it probably won't run out within the priority window just maybe sometime within the general reservation window (depending on whether things like SWGE will be opening with DHS and whatnot).

Disney has to establish that a resort reservation doesn't guarantee park entry because it literally does not do that. Under the new rules, those with resort reservations are still going to have to make a park reservation as well. With whatever priority system Disney comes up with it should be fine for those who take advantage of the priority window or even just reserve their parks reasonably in advance. The caveat that a resort reservation doesn't guarantee park entry is mostly targeted at the resort guests that will show up at their resort with no park reservations and then get mad when they can't go to the parks. It's shocking to me how many people I know who have made resort reservations and bought tickets well within the previous ADR and FP+ windows and then don't take advantage of them and come back cranky about lines and how hard it was to eat anywhere. Disney knows that there will be people with resort who don't make park reservations and show up expecting to get in, so they have to make it clear that that is not the case.

This makes a LOT of sense.

We have platinum APs and are staying offsite, so this is an important question for us. Our hotel reservation is linked to MDE & normally would get FP & EMH benefits, so I'm not sure if we'll be put behind Disney resort guests when non-AP resort reservations open up or not. Due to our schedule, we can only travel through July 17th. So we have minimal flexibility and a lot of questions. We want to do a 6-night stay & park visits are important.

Right now we have a July 10th - 17th split stay trip booked, but are considering also booking the hotels & car rental for July 5th - 11th to be on the safe side. I'm afraid the affordable bookings we got won't be available for a week earlier if we keep waiting, as Disney keeps not communicating. A flight change would have to wait, though, obviously.

Do people think the AP preview will include all 4 parks, like from July 6th - 10th? That would be nice but as they're not opening EP & HS until July 15th, I wonder if those parks will be ready.

What do people think the preview will be like? Will it allow APs to visit each park on a separate day? Or just open MK for a day or two?

Last edited:
We have platinum APs and are staying offsite, so this is an important question for us. Our hotel reservation is linked to MDE & normally would get FP & EMH benefits, so I'm not sure if we'll be put behind Disney resort guests when non-AP resort reservations open up or not. Due to our schedule, we can only travel through July 17th. So we have minimal flexibility and a lot of questions. We want to do a 6-night stay & park visits are important.

Right now we have a July 10th - 17th trip booked, but are considering also booking the hotel & car rental for July 5th - 11th to be on the safe side. I'm afraid the affordable bookings we got won't be available if we keep waiting, as Disney keeps not telling. The flights will have to wait, though, obviously.

Do people think the AP preview will include all 4 parks, like from July 6th - 10th? That would be nice but as they're not opening EP & HS until July 15th, I wonder if those parks will be ready.

What do people think the preview will be like? Will it allow APs to visit each park on a separate day? Or just open MK for a day or two?
I've merged you to the AP reservation system thread, just because we don't have any details whatsoever and this forum is about facts and not speculation. Once they release info on AP previews you can open a new thread if you so desire.
Thoughts on preview would be maybe 3 days and AP can chose which park they want to visit. If a specific park is closed to capacity then they can pick another one. I don't think there will be park hopping capabilities
I believe previews will go July 5 through 7th for CM and then 8th-10 for AP

I've merged you to the AP reservation system thread, just because we don't have any details whatsoever and this forum is about facts and not speculation. Once they release info on AP previews you can open a new thread if you so desire.
So no one has any idea. Okay. I guess I'll double book all of my reservations except the flights for now. What a royal pain.

Disney, tell your loyal AP holders something useful! It's less than a month away!

So no one has any idea. Okay. I guess I'll double book all of my reservations except the flights for now.

Disney, tell your loyal AP holders something useful! It's less than a month away!
and there are about 6 threads on this already open, yes, everyone is eager for Disney to release info. Remember they don't read these forums, if you want your voice to be heard email them wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

It's called ticket endorsement, and it's a fairly rare occurrence these days given all the airline consolidation & lack of open seats. It's usually only done with IRROPS with no other alternative on your airline, and it's at the full discretion of the airline. Chances are, if you have a delay somewhere, the other airline will also have a delay. It's also much cheaper for the airline to just pay for a hotel.

Back prior to deregulation, it was called Rule 240, which mandated that a carrier endorse your ticket to another airline if certain delay/cancel conditions were met. This went the away along with wearing a suit on a flight instead of yoga pants and pajamas.

I wonder if this is still more common in Europe. I know they have more rights than we do here in the states.

and there are about 6 threads on this already open, yes, everyone is eager for Disney to release info. Remember they don't read these forums, if you want your voice to be heard email them wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com
In all the threads that I've been following for weeks before joining so I could post, I've seen very little discussion (1 post, to be exact) of what people think the AP preview might actually be like. The conversations are overwhelmingly focused on when/if DVC & resort guests will get to get in. We're staying offsite, so that conversation doesn't help us.

I wasn't expecting Disney to read my post: that was rhetorical. I don't think they'll actually give me the info I need if I email them. I'll get a canned response like all the others that are reported here. I gave them my feedback on their new policies when I cancelled our July resort reservations. They don't care. That's why I reached out here, but never mind.

Last edited:
What’s this AP preview. I’ve been checking my email for updates and I haven’t seen anything. Was the information emailed or is it posted somewhere?

What’s this AP preview. I’ve been checking my email for updates and I haven’t seen anything. Was the information emailed or is it posted somewhere?
No details yet, but they sent out an email weeks ago to passholders which said that they will get priority to reservation booking ahead of the general public and alluded to the plans for AP only previews prior to July 11. That's all we got so far.

I have an AP and a hotel reservation in October. I'm traveling with a friend who did not buy tickets yet. Will I still be able to reserve a park for me, and hope that she can add her tickets and reserve at a later time?

I have an AP and a hotel reservation in October. I'm traveling with a friend who did not buy tickets yet. Will I still be able to reserve a park for me, and hope that she can add her tickets and reserve at a later time?

None of us can answer that at this time. We don't know how difficult it will be to get reservations once they are released, and Disney has emphasized that having a resort reservation will not guarantee you a reservation. There are rumblings that the park capacity may be held to a dramatically reduced number (think closer to 15% than 50%).

As for your friend, they are still not selling new tickets at this time and have not yet indicated when they will resume the selling of tickets (maybe July 11? Just a guess). If I were you, I would just take a wait-and-see approach for the next month or so to see what happens. There's just not enough information to make that call as of yet.

None of us can answer that at this time. We don't know how difficult it will be to get reservations once they are released, and Disney has emphasized that having a resort reservation will not guarantee you a reservation. There are rumblings that the park capacity may be held to a dramatically reduced number (think closer to 15% than 50%).

As for your friend, they are still not selling new tickets at this time and have not yet indicated when they will resume the selling of tickets (maybe July 11? Just a guess). If I were you, I would just take a wait-and-see approach for the next month or so to see what happens. There's just not enough information to make that call as of yet.

Thanks. I just can't find a clear answer on if everyone on a reservation has to plan the same (like a dining plan) or if I will be able to plan separately from her- which I hope is the case. I know my trip is far away, and I have plenty of time to watch and learn. Thanks for your help.

Thanks. I just can't find a clear answer on if everyone on a reservation has to plan the same (like a dining plan) or if I will be able to plan separately from her- which I hope is the case. I know my trip is far away, and I have plenty of time to watch and learn. Thanks for your help.

I think that, if everything does work out for your party and you are all able to successfully get park reservations, then there will not be much in the way of planning for you. There will be no dining plans, no fastpasses. The only thing I can think of is dining reservations and even with that we are assuming that not all restaurants will be open in the near-term.

What I'm trying to say is that even in the best case scenario, your trip will look far different than it ever has before.. and there will be far fewer things for you to formally plan, if any at all.

Good luck! Hope it works out for you.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I read somewhere that when they open the reservation system, we will be able to book until the end of December. I am a LONGTIME AP holder and my current ticket was supposed to expire mid-August. We were going to renew during a trip at that time, but as of now the border is closed until the end of July and I can't see a trip working for us this summer due to a possible 14-day quarantine when we return home). Anyway, if the current AP extension holds, our tickets will now expire ~Dec. 10, which is just before we arrive for a Christmas stay. I'm assuming that one would have to have a valid ticket in order to book a reservation at a park. Does this mean I am now out of luck trying to book a reservation for Christmas due to the fact that my AP would expire just before this - plus I can't renew my AP at this time, it's way too early. I have an onsite stay during Christmas, but I'm gathering that this isn't enough to guarantee a reservation either.
I hope I'm not SOL for my Christmas visit.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I read somewhere that when they open the reservation system, we will be able to book until the end of December. I am a LONGTIME AP holder and my current ticket was supposed to expire mid-August. We were going to renew during a trip at that time, but as of now the border is closed until the end of July and I can't see a trip working for us this summer due to a possible 14-day quarantine when we return home). Anyway, if the current AP extension holds, our tickets will now expire ~Dec. 10, which is just before we arrive for a Christmas stay. I'm assuming that one would have to have a valid ticket in order to book a reservation at a park. Does this mean I am now out of luck trying to book a reservation for Christmas due to the fact that my AP would expire just before this - plus I can't renew my AP at this time, it's way too early. I have an onsite stay during Christmas, but I'm gathering that this isn't enough to guarantee a reservation either.
I hope I'm not SOL for my Christmas visit.
no details have been shared on the reservation system. Whatever you are hearing is maybe from how SDL is doing
You will need a current and valid AP to book a park reservation
Resort reservations do not guarantee a reservation at a park

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!