AP Holder and new reservation system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just like FP for on-site stays and DVC members with home resort -- you get first dibs on dates and reservations with start date +7-14 days probably and windows open before others. That's fair enough IMHO. On-property stays SHOULD get priority.

I'm sure AP holders and especially AP FL residents will get substantial promos for on-site stays to open that gated entry.

Disney has limited capacity and simply can't do it all at once even though they really want to.

It's going to be even worse with us here in Disneyland with a HUGE local AP holder and confined space of DLR. We're already hedging with VGC reservations knowing that there will be limits set.

It's just like FP for on-site stays and DVC members with home resort -- you get first dibs on dates and reservations with start date +7-14 days probably and windows open before others. That's fair enough IMHO. On-property stays SHOULD get priority.

They have not said resort guests get exclusive first dibs- just that as ticket holders they will be in the group for first access. That could include all ticket holders and AP's. Until they specify, we won't know for sure. I had assumed it was exclusive, but when you look at it closely, it doesn't say that at all.

They have not said resort guests get exclusive first dibs- just that as ticket holders they will be in the group for first access. That could include all ticket holders and AP's. Until they specify, we won't know for sure. I had assumed it was exclusive, but when you look at it closely, it doesn't say that at all.
True. . Disney gives on-site time and duration advantages. Just using prior MO to projecting forward. Tiger hard to change stripes, but then again, FP suspension surprised.

True. . Disney gives on-site time and duration advantages. Just using prior MO to projecting forward. Tiger hard to change stripes, but then again, FP suspension surprised.
I would certainly hope they do, but people should realize that's not a given yet. Honestly, I see absolutely no reason to pay the price of on site without that benefit right now. No FP, no priority adr window, no emh's, limited transportation, limited food options and limited pools...why pay the price? This coming from someone who has never once considered staying off site.

FYI this will be the thread to come to once the reservation system opens for any discussion on this. I know it seems redundant to explain this but we are trying to keep the forum as tidy as possible. SO please do not open another thread on this same issue.
Thank you and may the odds be forever in your favor

We are a platinum passholder family from PA. Originally DH and I were supposed to be there for 4 days earlier this month but moved that to late Oct. Also have a 15 day trip planned for Sept with the whole family. Eagerly waiting for the detail of the new system and how it will impact us with an AP and getting into the parks.

following ... 2 trips scheduled... dvc

Oct - big one for family of 4 (all AP) plus 2 guests... each of the guest has a 1 day pass that we will need to add days too.
Dec - just me & hubby

I'm much more relaxed about the december trip..hubby and I just want to get away...but the October trip is making me nervous. I'm glad we have this thread... its calming to know that I'm literally not in the "know" but neither is anybody else. lol

I'll be following along and hanging out for some pixie dust. be safe, be the magic

Has anyone heard any hints about AP preview/soft opening dates or when registration would begin?

We have an upcoming stay booked on property in December, but our silver APs have expired. Before covid-19 hit, I was planning on purchasing AP vouchers in the fall in time to make fast pass reservations at the 60-day window.

Given Disney's recent announcement that having on-site reservations does not guaranty park access and that guests with existing tickets and APs will be given first dibs in the new theme park reservation system, I am very curious to see how things play out the next few months for people who fall into a similar situation as me (i.e., existing hotel reservation, but no ticket yet). I'm very wary of dropping $2300 on 4 AP's just to have the opportunity to try to get theme park reservations, knowing full well going into it that not only is there no guaranty that I will be able to get reservations at my theme park(s) of choice, but also that my chances are reduced because of the priority given to those who already have tickets.

Thankfully, I will have some time to see how things play out.

We are a platinum passholder family from PA. Originally DH and I were supposed to be there for 4 days earlier this month but moved that to late Oct. Also have a 15 day trip planned for Sept with the whole family. Eagerly waiting for the detail of the new system and how it will impact us with an AP and getting into the parks.

Also a passholder family from PA. We have a late-November trip planned that was supposed to coincide with our high school music department performing at the Candlelight Processional. That's been postponed until next April. I'm debating whether to still take my other kids, as they can't lose that much time in school in April (the November trip fell over part of the Thanksgiving break). They have regular passes but I have an AP voucher I planned to use. But it's a non-starter if if I'm only able to reserve one day at a park while my kids can book four days. I completely understand they need to restrict attendance, but the treatment for AP holders is pretty terrible. My oldest daughter said we should cancel even if the only restriction is no park hopping. But we'll see. November is still 5 months away.

Given Disney's recent announcement that having on-site reservations does not guaranty park access and that guests with existing tickets and APs will be given first dibs in the new theme park reservation system, I am very curious to see how things play out the next few months
It will be interesting to see.
I would be very upset if I had a room and couldn't get into a park.
I think it also will be interesting to see how the restaurant reservations will work as you must have a park reservation and a restaurant reservation to eat at the restaurant. Assuming you must get the park reservation first?

I think it also will be interesting to see how the restaurant reservations will work as you must have a park reservation and a restaurant reservation to eat at the restaurant. Assuming you must get the park reservation first?
That would be the only logical way. Restaurants at parks will probably only show up as available to you in MDE if you have a reservation at that park for that day. That's probably one of the computer changes they're working on right now.

This might make park dining reservations easier to get than usual. No one will be able to reserve for a park they aren't pretty sure they'll be visiting, or to reserve for two parks on the same day (assuming no hopping is allowed, which seems likely), so that will reduce hoarding.

I agree with how you feel. We're in the same situation and we're traveling with my parents who bought 8 day park hopper for our 3rd booked trip now in September. What a mess this situation seems to be. I feel dread to plan instead of any excitement and I LOVE planning our Disney trips. It's seems incredible to me that at one time (not too long ago) my biggest concern was getting a BG for ROTR! Not being able to hop stinks too, since we booked Boardwalk Villas so we could run in and out of Epcot and HS when we want to. Start the day at MK and then get dinner and walk around the WS at Epcot. The whole thing is a bummer and as hard as I have tried to keep a positive attitude, every email or announcement makes me feel worse.

Same here, September reservations at the BW, taking our second large out of state trip on a platinum AP. To be blunt if I am travelling 1,000 miles, have purchased a Platinum AP, and am staying in a Deluxe on site property I expect park access every day and no hassles about it. A block of reservations should be included with the villa booking. This is a minimal expectation given what I have been charged and the already reduced park experience. Maybe Disney needs to think like an airline. When airlines overbook or cancel a flight they can re-book you a seat on a competitor with a similar flight schedule. If Disney can't provide entrance while I am there they should get me a ticket and free Minnie van transportation for Universal. It needs to be a ticket for both Universal parks as I had a park hopper AP. Maybe they could kick in a Seaworld option as well! :)

Same here, September reservations at the BW, taking our second large out of state trip on a platinum AP. To be blunt if I am travelling 1,000 miles, have purchased a Platinum AP, and am staying in a Deluxe on site property I expect park access every day and no hassles about it. A block of reservations should be included with the villa booking. This is a minimal expectation given what I have been charged and the already reduced park experience. Maybe Disney needs to think like an airline. When airlines overbook or cancel a flight they can re-book you a seat on a competitor with a similar flight schedule. If Disney can't provide entrance while I am there they should get me a ticket and free Minnie van transportation for Universal. It needs to be a ticket for both Universal parks as I had a park hopper AP. Maybe they could kick in a Seaworld option as well! :)

I have never heard of an airline rebooking someone on another airline for oversold flights. They usually offer money for food and a hotel room and/or rebook you on a later flight. I agree that they should give APs staying onsite the same number of park days that onsite guests with regular tickets will get. However, I am preparing myself for that to not happen. I also have a Platinum AP, but DH and DS have PH tickets. We are also staying at BWV. If the DVC rental were refundable, I might consider canceling if they hose APs. However, we will go, and I will let DH and DS go to the parks. If I can't get a park reservation, I guess I will read, go to Disney Springs, walk around the lake and Boardwalk, or sit in the room and read. It's better than being at home. I could possibly go over to UO. We will be there before WDW, and I have an AP there too.

I have never heard of an airline rebooking someone on another airline for oversold flights. They usually offer money for food and a hotel room and/or rebook you on a later flight.

It's called ticket endorsement, and it's a fairly rare occurrence these days given all the airline consolidation & lack of open seats. It's usually only done with IRROPS with no other alternative on your airline, and it's at the full discretion of the airline. Chances are, if you have a delay somewhere, the other airline will also have a delay. It's also much cheaper for the airline to just pay for a hotel.

Back prior to deregulation, it was called Rule 240, which mandated that a carrier endorse your ticket to another airline if certain delay/cancel conditions were met. This went the away along with wearing a suit on a flight instead of yoga pants and pajamas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter