AP Holder and new reservation system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luvdisney

DIS Veteran
So I am an out of state AP holder, we don't go very often to Disney. But, we went last October and we knew we would be going again in the summer, so the AP made sense. We are scheduled to be at Disney on July 25 for a week and staying at AKL. My daughter is bringing a friend and her friend purchased a Park Hopper 6 day ticket for the week we are there. So now with the new reservation system, not sure if we will be able to Hop so the 6 day hopper we feel our friend over paid. Also just received a AP update this morning and I am concerned about 1 line about AP's and the new reservation system:

"During the limited capacity period, it may be difficult for Annual Passholders to get park reservations to visit on certain dates. To help manage capacity, total reservation days held at one time will be limited. More details will be shared in the coming weeks."

So now I am worried we won't be able to get all the days we are there into a park. We have planned a day off or two from the parks. But what is the number of day limit they are going to impose? I really dislike these vague announcements Disney is sending out. If they can say there will be a limit, why not just tell us what that limit will be so we can make educated decision on what we want to do. Come on Disney if you are telling us there will be a daily limit then tell us what that is. Sorry I am venting here.

Last edited:
So I am an out of state AP holder, we don't go very often to Disney. But, we went last October and we knew we would be going again in the summer, so the AP made sense. We are scheduled to be at Disney on July 25 for a week. My daughter is bringing a friend and her friend purchased a Park Hopper 6 day ticket for the week we are there. So now with the new reservation system, not sure if we will be able to Hop so the 6 day hopper we feel our friend over paid. Also just received a AP update this morning and I am concerned about 1 line about AP's and the new reservation system:

"During the limited capacity period, it may be difficult for Annual Passholders to get park reservations to visit on certain dates. To help manage capacity, total reservation days held at one time will be limited. More details will be shared in the coming weeks."

So now I am worried we won't be able to get all the days we are there into a park. We have planned a day off or two from the parks. But what is the number of day limit they are going to impose? I really dislike these vague announcements Disney is sending out. If they can say there will be a limit, why not just tell us what that limit will be so we can make educated decision on what we want to do. Come on Disney if you are telling us there will be a daily limit then tell us what that is. Sorry I am venting here.

I'm assuming you won't be staying on site? They haven't announced any kind of numbers, just that resort guests with tickets have priority access to the system. I've read AP's might be limited to 1 entry at a time, but not sure that is anything official. If it were me, I'd be concerned about having much chance of getting in at all. Hopefully Disney will provide some clarity soon, but so far, communication has been spotty at best. As for hopping, I think they've notified TA's that hopping will not be allowed and tickets will be refunded the cost difference between a hopper and non-hopper.

Being a resort guest should get you in the mix for park access. I wouldn’t expect to be able to hop.

Unfortunately your dates put you very much in a wait and see how they handle this situation right now, although sounds like you know that.

I don’t envy your planning position, hard to know what to do. One would think more will be rolled out about the reservation system in the coming weeks, so keep an eye out.

I think they have to get an idea of how many people are coming (lots of cancellations still in progress) before they can begin to estimate how many park days each person will be able to reserve. Then they might base it on how many days you are there, or allow one park per visit per group, who knows. I hate to even speculate because someone may read it and think that's what has been decided. No one knows and I'm sure Disney is stressing over how they are going to allocate park entries.

I would advise friend to try to get a refund for the PH ticket and change to a base ticket.

Ps agree, no hopping.

If anyone is keeping their trip, I would advise to keep expectations very low or cancel.

planning position, hard to know what to do. One would think more will be rolled out about the reservation system in the coming weeks, so keep an eye out.

I know it's hard when the core of a great WDW vacation has ben plan plan plan for years. But for right now, and for the foreseeable future, it's best to just head down to the World and go with flow. Most of the reasons people scrutinized one park on one day versus another was either, EMH, ADRs, or FPS. Well all of those things are gone right now. It shouldn't matter if you get a pass for AK on Tuesday and a pass for MK on Wednesday. The days should pretty much be the same thing now.

I am an AP holder This year for the first time. I received a long survey from Disney asking about my Resort reservations and if I planned to still come if they reopened. It was a long detailed survey. At the time of the survey (about 3 weeks ago) I had a June 25-July 4th trip booked and August. I since canceled June and booked November. I also had an April before that I canceled. I live far away and in my situation neither the time extension nor the partial refund would be a good choice. My big trips were going to April, June, August. I will not go once school starts so that extension does not help. We may go in November but it is problematic for school. Throw in the fact I do not think we will feel comfortable to go by November. I think Disney is going to do the best job they can to allow for APs that purchased for individual large trips who live far away to extend to agreeable time to visit. Perhaps it is wishful thinking.

I am an AP holder This year for the first time. I received a long survey from Disney asking about my Resort reservations and if I planned to still come if they reopened. It was a long detailed survey. At the time of the survey (about 3 weeks ago) I had a June 25-July 4th trip booked and August. I since canceled June and booked November. I also had an April before that I canceled. I live far away and in my situation neither the time extension nor the partial refund would be a good choice. My big trips were going to April, June, August. I will not go once school starts so that extension does not help. We may go in November but it is problematic for school. Throw in the fact I do not think we will feel comfortable to go by November. I think Disney is going to do the best job they can to allow for APs that purchased for individual large trips who live far away to extend to agreeable time to visit. Perhaps it is wishful thinking.
Well, I hope you're right. I'm out of state and in NY, so even if I wanted to, I couldn't go right now since the 14-day quarantine period would make the trip impossible. My AP renewed in March before the shutdown, and in fact I renewed it in January at the first opportunity, since I wanted to avoid another price increase. The AP was supposed to cover at least two trips--first week of May (canceled of course) and a still-scheduled December trip.

I have no idea if we'll be going in December. There are still to many variables to even consider it although we aren't canceling the reservation at this time. However, if the December trip doesn't happen and nothing has changed by May 2021, even with the 4-month extension, I'll have an AP that I'll never use.

I'm hoping there will perhaps be some kind of suspension for out-of-state AP holders. We're in a much different position from FL residents.

Good luck to us all, and let's hope we can all be back at WDW, safely and happily, soon!

I'm a first-time AP holder. None of my family members have APs. If there is an AP preview, say in June, will I be the only one invited? And is there a way now to buy an AP for anyone else that would get them access? Specifically, my friend, because we are interested in a short trip just for the two of us.
Similar issue with my October resort reservations: Should I buy tickets for my family? Would Disney say that only I can make park reservations because they don't have tickets yet, even though they're on the room reservation with me and my AP?

Same boat. Platinum AP from MN. I only go 2 times/year and now I won’t even be allowed in a park every day? And if I would have let my pass expire on May 1, I wouldn’t get the renewal discount. My next trip is scheduled on property in October, rescheduled from April. Had all my dining set. This sucks.

Last edited:
Platinum AP holders here and staying at BW on DVC points. I just chatted with a CM on MDE to ask if as a resort guest and AP holder would we have first crack at the park reservation system, not decided yet so I'll check back, we're not going until late Oct. If we're going to be shut out of some park days on or 9 day trip that might be a deal breaker. I can live with the 'one park per day' thing but no parks on some days for a resort guest and Platinum AP holder is a bit much.

Bill From PA

I’ve had so many trips for this year (including a Disney trip and a trip to Europe) affected by this that I’m getting good at being patient, seeing how things unfold, and then hoping to be able to work out something acceptable once the picture clears up. I’m amassing an impressive collection of airline credits, some of which I may or may not ever be able to use.

I‘m in the same boat as a lot of others on the AP situation. We had a trip scheduled for March that I intended to cover with my AP that expires in May. My wife also got an AP that we intended to have her use for Marathon Weekend, our trip in March, and a trip in December. Now, if we go in December, my AP will have expired (even with the 4 month extension), but my wife’s will still be valid. One of our daughters might also like to come with us in December, in part to visit one our other daughters who is a CM. We are DVC members and would be using DVC points for the December trip

That trip leaves us with these questions, for which there are no current answers.

(1) Would they allow me to use my expired AP for the trip in December because I was not able to use it in March as planned? That seems like a reasonable request.

(2) If not, would I be able to buy a ticket that would be good for December, either a renewed or new AP or single day tickets? I’m kind of reluctant to buy an AP without a guarantee that I‘d be able to use it on every day of whatever trips we are able to take over the next year.

(3) What about tickets for our daughters, since one doesn’t have a ticket and I assume cast members will be blocked. It seems reasonable to allow onsite guests (especially DVC members) to get tickets for others in their party who need them, but who knows if the capacity will be large enough to let everyone do that.

So, a lot more questions than answers, and we don’t even know if we’ll be comfortable taking a plane trip as soon as December. The next few weeks and months will be interesting to follow. I am confident that Disney will make reasonable accommodations for guests based on their personal circumstances to the extent they can. But capacity limitations are going to make that tough. It’s likely that demand is going to exceed supply when it comes to park access. Selfishly, I think Disney should be giving priority to the DVC members who have made the long term commitment to Disney vacations.

I'm concerned and confused about this also. I live in NY and last August I purchased the AP for the first time since becoming a DVC member. We had a trip planned for May which was cancelled. The first email made it sound like AP holders will get priority in the parks and I thought oh no what about my family members who do not have passes. But this last email made it sound like AP holders might be last on the list to get a reservation. I was going to rebook for August but with the limited information I'm not sure it's worth it.

Based on that verbiage I cant see how additional refunds or extensions for APs wouldn't be offered.

I'm definitely watching this. Bought an AP for myself during my last trip and purposefully timed my next trip so that it is right before my AP expires. I'm hoping that they don't limit the number of days an APer staying on-site can go to the parks. Then again, look at what Disney did with the ADRs/reservations.

Platinum AP holders here and staying at BW on DVC points. I just chatted with a CM on MDE to ask if as a resort guest and AP holder would we have first crack at the park reservation system, not decided yet so I'll check back, we're not going until late Oct. If we're going to be shut out of some park days on or 9 day trip that might be a deal breaker. I can live with the 'one park per day' thing but no parks on some days for a resort guest and Platinum AP holder is a bit much.

Bill From PA

I'm with you.....depends on how all this park reservation stuff works.
We have until Dec. AP and staying at BR for 12 nights.
I can live with one park a day and even a couple of days off, but not 7 or 8 with no parks to go to.
Coming from AZ

We have a DVC reservation at BWV startin 7/12. I have an AP voucher, and DH and DS have 10 day PH flex tickets. I am hoping that they don't apply the AP restriction for me, since we are staying onsite. I think that's what they will head toward, just like APs get 60 day FP with an onsite reservation. However, if I have to, since my AP has not been redeemed yet, I would pony up the money and buy a 10 day ticket for this stay. That only really works since my AP has not been activated yet.

Bill From PA
I agree with how you feel. We're in the same situation and we're traveling with my parents who bought 8 day park hopper for our 3rd booked trip now in September. What a mess this situation seems to be. I feel dread to plan instead of any excitement and I LOVE planning our Disney trips. It's seems incredible to me that at one time (not too long ago) my biggest concern was getting a BG for ROTR! Not being able to hop stinks too, since we booked Boardwalk Villas so we could run in and out of Epcot and HS when we want to. Start the day at MK and then get dinner and walk around the WS at Epcot. The whole thing is a bummer and as hard as I have tried to keep a positive attitude, every email or announcement makes me feel worse.

Based on that verbiage I cant see how additional refunds or extensions for APs wouldn't be offered.
At this point, I'd love an extension until next year lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!