AP Holder and new reservation system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO the procedures at SDL are instructive, I think those policies will be similar to what will be implemented stateside.

SDL Policies:
APs get to reserve 1 day out of 7 separate from ticketholders, but...
On-park hotel guests are guaranteed access (either via AP or ticket purchase)

There's a strong financial incentive for Disney to guarantee park admission for on-park hotel guests, as there is a strong financial incentive for travelers to outright cancel stays if such park days aren't guaranteed.

It will probably (IMO) be 1 park per day (both DLR and WDW)

Shanghai is one reservation a week but from PP it looks like if your on property you can book length of stay?

also their AP extension is from when the park closed till reservation period as of now the proverbial clock starts in Florida on July 11th but things definitely may change

Similar situation here. Out of state platinum AP holders, except we stay on property maybe only 30% of our visits, so it is looking like we might get hosed for our planned July trip (offsite stay). Another thing is that live in CT, so who knows if the quarantine will be lifted by then anyway. For our July trip we were thinking about inviting along DS's friend who often travels with us. I was about to quick buy him a UT pass when the AP email came out indicating that we may have a tough time getting into the parks ourselves. At least I hadn't bought his pass yet and we hadn't made firm plans with him! This waiting game sure stinks.

Well, I hope you're right. I'm out of state and in NY, so even if I wanted to, I couldn't go right now since the 14-day quarantine period would make the trip impossible. My AP renewed in March before the shutdown, and in fact I renewed it in January at the first opportunity, since I wanted to avoid another price increase. The AP was supposed to cover at least two trips--first week of May (canceled of course) and a still-scheduled December trip.

I have no idea if we'll be going in December. There are still to many variables to even consider it although we aren't canceling the reservation at this time. However, if the December trip doesn't happen and nothing has changed by May 2021, even with the 4-month extension, I'll have an AP that I'll never use.

I'm hoping there will perhaps be some kind of suspension for out-of-state AP holders. We're in a much different position from FL residents.

Good luck to us all, and let's hope we can all be back at WDW, safely and happily, soon!

Absolutely agree. The current offers do not help out of state people who’s trips were lost. The spring and Summer was the time that was going to make these passes worth it. Getting a refund is silly for people like us, and a 4 month extension of time does very little as well. So as of now I am doing nothing.

IMO the procedures at SDL are instructive, I think those policies will be similar to what will be implemented stateside.

SDL Policies:
APs get to reserve 1 day out of 7 separate from ticketholders, but...
On-park hotel guests are guaranteed access (either via AP or ticket purchase)

There's a strong financial incentive for Disney to guarantee park admission for on-park hotel guests, as there is a strong financial incentive for travelers to outright cancel stays if such park days aren't guaranteed.

It will probably (IMO) be 1 park per day (both DLR and WDW)

This is a great point and makes the most sense given everything else is mostly speculation.

I agree that they'd risk losing a ton of reservations for AP holders if we aren't allowed to reserve at least a park per day for length of stay. I know that we'd absolutely alter our reservation in August if weren't allowed to visit the parks each day.

What I did was modify my August reservations so that I had a split stay, 1 week each. Hopefully they will treat the park reservation as they did fast passes for APs and allow up to 14 days consecutively onsite. I originally had 4 days at the beginning of my trip at the Dolphin as well, but I canceled that in case I ran into the offsite stay interfering with the onsite stay as it did with fast passes. If they allow more than 14 days, I screwed up by letting my Dolphin reservation go, but I had to cancel while they would still give me a refund. If they limit it to 7 days I will cancel the last stay of my trip. If they do something less than that, I will cancel altogether.

That's unexpected. Helpful for AP holders when it comes to park reservations, but still.... surprising.

surprising, an active topic of discussion in the DLR forums, but “not guaranteeing” doesn’t necessarily mean “not prioritizing” as Disney still reserves the right to give higher priority to certain groups and no ticket media exists that ironclad guarantees access to any park.

example: APs are never guaranteed park admission no matter what level you buy (per AP TOS)

this might be one of those things where the size and dynamics of WDW don’t come close to matching any other worldwide park, so this policy is put in place to reduce the variability of attendance numbers.

disappointing for those with big trips planned from far away.

Walt Disney World Announces That On-Site Hotel Reservations Will Not Guarantee Theme Park Admission but AP holders and those with existing tickets will get first dibs.

https://monorailnews.com/2020/06/06...ions-will-not-guarantee-theme-park-admission/
Disney world has never guaranteed anything. It's in their wording on the park rules and regulations.
This we also new from the beginning, no one will have a guarantee to go in but some will have first dibs on the reservation system

Your statement gives me slight hope for a chance with the fact that they are holding back some tickets.

I am booked for November in AKL/BWV. I booked this trip this past December but was holding off on buying park tickets.

Now I'm afraid my park dates will be full by all the current APs and ticket holders rescheduling for November.

I’m got my DVC vacation booked for 7/20 at CC and my annual pass hasn’t been activated either yet, Member Services confirmed tO me that this will be ok and will be able to use and confirmed this is ok For the parks entry

Florida resident here,...have to be honest,...if Disney begins charging me again monthly for my Platinum AP and then tells me I can only reserve 1 day out of 7 or whatever, I will expect a partial refund for my AP. If they are going to restrict attendance for AP holders, they had better have a plan for discounts or refunds or simply not charge until they are back to full capacity. On top of that, if they allow people staying in their hotels to reserve everyday of their stay while restricting me, that will not be ok.

Florida resident here,...have to be honest,...if Disney begins charging me again monthly for my Platinum AP and then tells me I can only reserve 1 day out of 7 or whatever, I will expect a partial refund for my AP. If they are going to restrict attendance for AP holders, they had better have a plan for discounts or refunds or simply not charge until they are back to full capacity. On top of that, if they allow people staying in their hotels to reserve everyday of their stay while restricting me, that will not be ok.

agreed. Before Covid hit, I had planned on renewing my Disney AP end of April when it expired, and letting my Universal AP expire. But now, I'm strongly considering renewing my AP at Universal, and not renewing my Disney AP for quite some time. I love Universal seems to be targeting their APs bigtime.

I know a lot can (and probably will) change before October but this is what I’m struggling with:

We have a 3 night trip planned early Oct. with the express purpose of bringing Grandma and Grandpa to see SWGE and Pandora. They have single day tickets so one day at HS, one at AK. We have AP’s and had planned on hopping to MK one night and EPCOT the other but now that looks like it won’t be able to happen. I really want to at least spend a little time at MK which now means going for just a couple of hours the day we leave. So, the moral dilemma is - do I take up space in the reservation system for just a couple of hours in the park? On one hand I feel guilty that I could be taking a space away from someone else, but on the other I feel if this is the way it has to be done then so be it and I have a right to that spot as an AP holder. Praying things get better by Oct and I will have worried for nothing.

I know a lot can (and probably will) change before October but this is what I’m struggling with:

We have a 3 night trip planned early Oct. with the express purpose of bringing Grandma and Grandpa to see SWGE and Pandora. They have single day tickets so one day at HS, one at AK. We have AP’s and had planned on hopping to MK one night and EPCOT the other but now that looks like it won’t be able to happen. I really want to at least spend a little time at MK which now means going for just a couple of hours the day we leave. So, the moral dilemma is - do I take up space in the reservation system for just a couple of hours in the park? On one hand I feel guilty that I could be taking a space away from someone else, but on the other I feel if this is the way it has to be done then so be it and I have a right to that spot as an AP holder. Praying things get better by Oct and I will have worried for nothing.

I have a similar dilemma, AP and DVC, so unless I am with out of state guests I seldom spend more than 4 hours in a park at a time. That's enough time to do my 3 FP+ plus wait in line for a ride or two.

agreed. Before Covid hit, I had planned on renewing my Disney AP end of April when it expired, and letting my Universal AP expire. But now, I'm strongly considering renewing my AP at Universal, and not renewing my Disney AP for quite some time. I love Universal seems to be targeting their APs bigtime.

I’ve had an AP for both for about five years now (Disney for over 10) and, in my experience, Universal takes much better care of their AP holders and their annual passes are a lot less expensive. I prefer the theming at Disney (I’m much more the princesse/fairy tale than the super hero or action/adventure type.) but Universal is just so much easier and less stressful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!