AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

Is anyone able to get thru to them? When I call the passholder line, I keep getting the “all circuits are busy, call back later” message.

I called at 8 am est and was on hold for a little over an hour before someone picked up

I tried to get on the system and usually it's states two hours waits. I'm beyond frustrated. I just sent them a another email which has been the only way to receive any recognistion from them. Two days until the park opens and nothing I swear, I'm thinking the only way to resolve is sit in the Guest services line at the parks itself. All they have to do it tell me where the issue is. I try to be nice. I probably am on a bad guest somewhere. I have been respectful to any CM I manage to get ahold of. I am just so up to over my head with this. I feel like I am getting the runaround from Disney.

Do I understand this right that I have two extensions that I can opt-out of
Extension #1 - Extension for number of days closed, or a pro-rated refund for number of days closed
Extension #2 - 1 month extension or early cancellation and pro-rated refund

Is this accurate?

I have a Water Park Annual Pass that expired June 10. Since WDW closed March 16, does that mean that once the water parks are open again, I would have (approximately) three more months I could use the pass?

Thanks!

Do I understand this right that I have two extensions that I can opt-out of
Extension #1 - Extension for number of days closed, or a pro-rated refund for number of days closed
Extension #2 - 1 month extension or early cancellation and pro-rated refund

Is this accurate?
I believe it's just 1 extension option: # of days closed + 1 extra month

I was finally able to get through a few days ago to cancel my platinum pass. CM was very nice and made sure I understood she had no info on when my refund would go through or for how much. She said that my request would be put through and to just watch my credit card for refund.
my AP is still showing active on my MDE.

FYI, Disney updated the policy to allow (3) AP days in addition to resort days
I got that notification today, and can get farther than before, I can select a date and park, but when I click on the time I get the headless Olaf! The days I am trying to select are after my resort stay days. Oops, tried again and it let me make 2 more (wanted 3) now says I have reached my limit. Guess I will try cancelling one of my earlier days, I had made an extra for Oct when I couldn't get any in Dec before. Nope, back to that darn Olaf! Ugh!

Last edited:
I still wish they would allow out of state to make more than 3 reservations. We were finally able to buy 7 day ticket for a friend joining us in September - so she could book all 7 days, while we are stuck with our 3 and hoping we can book the other 4 ad-hoc as we use them :P

I have a question I don't have an annual pass, but am curious about the park reservation system. I see on the dates avail someone with a regular ticket can book anytime, but those with annual passes are blocked out of some dates & little availability on other days, why is that?

I have a question I don't have an annual pass, but am curious about the park reservation system. I see on the dates avail someone with a regular ticket can book anytime, but those with annual passes are blocked out of some dates & little availability on other days, why is that?
3 different buckets of tickets. Passholders, Resort Guests and regular tickets.
There’s a ton of passholders, (perhaps more than the government-mandated max park capacity) and they quickly booked their days.
All 3 make Disney $ so they tried to make all 3 as happy as possible. It’s possible Resort guests and day tickets spend more per day than AP’s, so that’s why they like a blend.
A passholder with on-site resort reservations use the resort bucket during their stay, not the passholders bucket.

I've asked a couple times but no one seems to know how the extra month extension works for those of us whose passes expire in August (as in they did expire in late April and now expire in August). Are we also getting an extra month or are we out of luck? If we do get the extra month, how could that work...I can't imagine we just all get the month of October, lol.

I've asked a couple times but no one seems to know how the extra month extension works for those of us whose passes expire in August (as in they did expire in late April and now expire in August). Are we also getting an extra month or are we out of luck? If we do get the extra month, how could that work...I can't imagine we just all get the month of October, lol.

You will not get an extra month if your pass expires before October

I got my refund for the park closure period a few days ago posted to my credit card. I still want to cancel the remainder of my pass period, so I believe that is going to require another phone call.

Reactions: cm8
We are now leaning towards just cancelling the passes. We just don't want expose the rest of our family by mistake

Does anyone know how they are handling renewal certificates? We paid in full back in February but never got to activate them on our cancelled April trip. The certificate expiration is listed as Dec 31, 2030. I cannot get through on the phone line. I really wanted some resolution on this before the parks officially opened. Sigh. We have park reservations for August and January trips using these as our tickets, so I'm not looking to cancel, just trying to figure out which bucket we fall into for options.

This has been handled badly from the beginning. Our family all Received the expiration date extension except for one member. We we’re trying to plan a September trip but can’t get a park reservation for her because of her expiration date. We have emailed and called now the circuits are busy, really. At this point we don’t think we will be returning until 2021 when the virus numbers hopefully will be down and are discussing just canceling all of them. Wdw needs to call UO And get some tips on how to handle this. We have had no problems with their AP And extending them.

You will not get an extra month if your pass expires before October
If the extra month is truly a "sorry all this is happening and your pass is now not worth nearly as much as it was" then that would really stink that some aren't given the extra month.

If the extra month is truly a "sorry all this is happening and your pass is now not worth nearly as much as it was" then that would really stink that some aren't given the extra month.
It makes perfect sense not to hand an extra month over to those who had expiring passes at the time of closure and chose not to renew.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter