AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

We had 4 DVC gold passes originally set to expire in August before the extensions. I requested a refund on August 10th and got about $1300 refunded back to my credit card for all 4 passes about 2 weeks ago. I had a DVC waitlist come through for November that will use extended 2018 points that are set to expire at the end of November, but now have no passes. I called today and the CM said I do qualify to buy new passes and someone would call me back within 7 days to buy the passes. I do have 4 reservations through the end of 2021 on my account (both DVC and cash). She said I can either buy Gold or Platnum. Im not a Florida resident, but if I was she said I could also buy with the monthly payment plan. She did not say when the passes would start but said “you qualify for the recovery annual passes which means you can buy new annual passes.” I’m hoping they call soon and the CM was correct about everything.
So, tell me if I/m understanding this correctly...if your APs were supposed to expire during the shutdown period of WDW (including expiring through August) you get a refund and can purchase new APs, but if they were set to expire in September or October this year and you cancelled them when WDW said you could to get a refund, then you cannot purchase a "recovery" AP. I'm asking because mine were supposed to expire at the end of September and they refused to let me either purchase a new AP or just exchange the "refund" for an extension on months (haven't gotten any refund of any kind yet.) Also, they never cancelled my sons pass (expires February 2021, which I asked them to cancel along with the other 3 APs, even though I called them back twice to check it had been done.) I called 3 times to 3 different CMs on the VIP line and got the same answer.

I’m a little confused and wondering if I need to call Disney. Just got my refund check. We bought our platinum passes from my wife’s work at the department of defense. Activated them on 9/26/19. Used for 4 days that weekend and another 7 for a trip in November. When I calculate my refund using their method it comes out to around 500ish dollars. I got a check for my pass today for $61. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
That is horrible! Please let us know what they say when you call. This just doesn't sound right.

That is horrible! Please let us know what they say when you call. This just doesn't sound right.

so spent 30 minutes on the phone, had to get off to take care of something for work. Long story short, I called in June and requested to be on the cancellation list for my wife’s and I passes. I took that as what I needed to do and I was being proactive. I was told that they didn’t decide anything until July so my pasa was never refunded even though I also clicked the link when they sent out an email in July. They still showed my wife’s pass as active 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️. She entered in all the notes andI have to call back when I have more time. She has no clue what the $61check was for lol

Got our checks today. Paid by CC. 2 checks, one in each of our names. Gold Passes. 1 check $730.48, the other $451.51. They WERE to expire 09/2020. We got one visit out of them...so we're happy with the refund.
Do you remember how much you paid for them initially?

so spent 30 minutes on the phone, had to get off to take care of something for work. Long story short, I called in June and requested to be on the cancellation list for my wife’s and I passes. I took that as what I needed to do and I was being proactive. I was told that they didn’t decide anything until July so my pasa was never refunded even though I also clicked the link when they sent out an email in July. They still showed my wife’s pass as active 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️. She entered in all the notes andI have to call back when I have more time. She has no clue what the $61check was for lol

Oh, man, I am in a very similar position. I called to check on my cancellation and was told when I cancelled on July 3rd, they weren't accepting cancellations. Even though their own notes said I requested cancellation on July 3rd. I activated my pass less than a month before you did and used it almost exactly as much. If I get a check in the mail for $61, I am going to flip out, lol.

OK, I received my check today. It was $757. So, in the end I only spent a couple hundred dollars for my 8 days in the parks back in January and got an AP discount on our rooms. In 20/20 hindsight, I could have saved $1000 if I had bought my five family members APs, too, and then cancelled compared to the price for their 8-day PH tickets. :P Hope to be an AP again when the parks can have normal operations.
I purchased 4 APs from Sam’s Club last year. We requested to cancel through Disney email. Paper refund checks arrived yesterday!
Today we received refunds for two Platinum APs purchased at Sam's. Original form of payment still available but checks sent to the two people I purchased the passes for.

Amount paid 865 with NJ tax = 923 each

Date activated: Sept 29 2019

Amount refunded: $514 (per person)

Thanks Disney :wizard:

Very glad to hear Sam's Club vouchers getting refunded by check. I was starting to get worried it would be sent to Sam's Club and disappear down a black hole.

Does anyone remember what name is on the envelope? I expect the check to be mailed to a friend's address and she is watching out for a letter from Disney for me. Still nothing yet but I didn't cancel until the deadline as I kept hoping they would offer a "pause" option.

I bought my AP via Sam's Club before the last big price increase in early 2019. Still waiting for my refund so decided to crunch numbers to see what I hope to get:

Amount you paid for your AP: $924
The day you activated your AP: Dec 21, 2019
That Disney World theme parks closed 03/16/2020
How many block out days (if any) there were for you between the day you activated your AP and 03/16/2020
- No blockout days

Access days = (366 days for the year) - (number of block out dates for you between the day you activated your AP and 03/16/2020) = 366

Usable value = (amount paid ) x (number of days between the day you activated your AP and 03/16/2020) divided by (access days)
$924 x 86 ÷ 366 = $217.11

Refund amount = (amount you paid for your AP) - (usable value) - (any refunds already paid to you)
$924 - $217.11 = $706.89

Paid $1012.81 for my pass with taxes (it was a renewal).

Works out to about $2.77 per day. I calculated they owed me for 186 days since I canceled my pass completely.

Received $325 over the summer for the closure period and then $190 last night for the cancelation of remaining days. Total of $515, which is what $2.77 x 186 is.

This was on an out of state AP. So I was compensated correctly.

With this calculation:
Amount paid ÷ access days
$924÷ 366 = $2.52/day
I used 86 days so they owe me 280 days
280 x $2.52 = $705.60

i activated my certificate on 9/26/2020. Are they extending expiration of AP since there is no parkhopping? Are those buying new passes (those who got refunds and are buying recovery passes) getting charged the same price as before?

I did get my second of three checks yesterday in the correct amount. Then, in a very pleasant surprise, I got a call today from a 407 area code. I missed the call, called right back, got a wonderful human in about 5 minutes. He looked up my account, and verified the exact amount (the correct one this time) that would be mailed "right away" to correct the over $1000 shortfall on the check issued for my daughter. I was SO surprised - this is the first time since Spring where I saw 100% of the Disney Magic that I used to take for granted. He told me "we want to make sure you are feeling better about the process, and we are doing everything we can to make this right." It's almost sad that I was shocked to hear that again.

I had also been told two weeks ago that we qualified for re-purchase of Annual passes; we have three trips re-scheduled in late 2021; we had airline ticket vouchers that we needed to use, so I was being optimistic. Still waiting for our call on that.

For those asking, each of our three checks has come in the type of perforated mail where you have to fold and tear off the ends. It's a check with a stub; and the checks are made out to each individual passholder, including my two minor children. We got checks even though my original credit card used for payment is still open and active for me on MDE. I had requested my cancellation in late July when our state put Florida on a quarantine list. I have called about every 2 weeks to check on status. Two of three checks were the correct, quoted amount; the other (the one they say they are correcting was short by over $1000; all purchased, activated, and cancelled the same day.

Question about purchasing new APs. Mine expired in June, so I opted for a refund for the closure time. (Still waiting for the check in the mail that they said would be here before December 1st). If they give me the okay to purchase a new AP, when would be the first date of the new AP? Would it have a June start date (when my renewal would’ve started)? Or could I hold off and hypothetically activate it on our first trip in December of 2021, so that it wouldn’t expire until December of 2022?

I've been checking and checking my credit card statement waiting for my AP cancellation refund since mine expired at the end of April and I knew we would not be back in time for me to use it even with the extensions. To my surprise I received a check in the mail and not a credit to my card. We haven't gone through mail in a couple of weeks so not sure when it finally came. But wanted to say, check you mail even if you paid by cc.

Another day, another chat:

Me: Hi, checking on the status and amount of my refund.
Disney: Sure! Checking with escalation team. No comments on account about why there is a delay.
Me: Okay.
Disney: Are you looking for info about your pass or Jeff and your pass?
Me: I don't know who Jeff is, but I'm Stacy and I need info about my pass.
Disney: Understood. I heard back. You will be receiving a check. Thank you. Do you have any other questions?
Me: Uh, yes. When? For how much? How? Who? What?
Disney: You'll be receiving approximately $1000. Our turn around now is 8-12 weeks.
Me: 8-12 weeks from what point? I cancelled in July.
Disney: From the end of September.
Me: Blah okay. thanks.
Disney: Any other questions??
Me: No.
Disney: Oh wait. Can I verify that they have your current address. Do you live on ABC street in your MDE?
Me: Yep!
Disney: And you used to live on XYZ street?
Me: Uh, no. My friend lives on that street. She also is waiting for her check.
Disney: Let me get back to you......

SCREAMING.

Another day, another chat:

Me: Hi, checking on the status and amount of my refund.
Disney: Sure! Checking with escalation team. No comments on account about why there is a delay.
Me: Okay.
Disney: Are you looking for info about your pass or Jeff and your pass?
Me: I don't know who Jeff is, but I'm Stacy and I need info about my pass.
Disney: Understood. I heard back. You will be receiving a check. Thank you. Do you have any other questions?
Me: Uh, yes. When? For how much? How? Who? What?
Disney: You'll be receiving approximately $1000. Our turn around now is 8-12 weeks.
Me: 8-12 weeks from what point? I cancelled in July.
Disney: From the end of September.
Me: Blah okay. thanks.
Disney: Any other questions??
Me: No.
Disney: Oh wait. Can I verify that they have your current address. Do you live on ABC street in your MDE?
Me: Yep!
Disney: And you used to live on XYZ street?
Me: Uh, no. My friend lives on that street. She also is waiting for her check.
Disney: Let me get back to you......

SCREAMING.

I haven't even tried to call back and see if I'm getting the rest of my refund or not.

Why are they still having such problems?

Well, final answer is we (my friend and I) both should be expecting seperate checks to seperate addresses for approx $1000 each within 8-12 weeks (or sooner) which would be interesting since I bought my pass through Sam's for less than $1000 and used it on a trip. But, you know...Disney.

Interesting..... I’ve tried the chat to ask about my refunds twice and was told I’d have to call and they don’t have any info.

Called and was also told no real info, just “processing”..... still.......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!