AP Only Info Thread Reservation System /Extensions / Refunds

They aren't telling people in May to cancel, they are straight up cancelling. Several people in the May trip thread reported being unable to make payments at all and several of us with hard ticket events in May saw said tickets disappear and our money refunded. Disney is also not allowing anyone to book anything new before June 1. If your trips are still showing up it's probably a glitch tbh,
My trip nor my daughter's trip have been canceled. They may get canceled. I am following the May thread. I guess i missed where Disney was automatically canceling their trips. There were a couple who said after hours tix were canceled BUT THEY SHOWED BACK UP. Stop just stop. They are not "straight up canceling" everyone's May trip.

My trip nor my daughter's trip have been canceled. They may get canceled. I am following the May thread. I guess i missed where Disney was automatically canceling their trips. There were a couple who said after hours tix were canceled BUT THEY SHOWED BACK UP. Stop just stop. They are not "straight up canceling" everyone's May trip.
My trip hadn’t been canceled either, I went ahead and moved it anyway late yesterday just because of our new homeschool situation. My FP are still hanging around today, I can’t cancel them because my AP is set to expire a week before, and I haven’t renewed yet since I was waiting to find out how Disney would do all this (plus I’m still about 6 weeks out from the expiration date so no rush).

I got an alert on my phone thru the app about the options today. I read it then closed it and can not pull it up again. But I swear I remember reading that the "refund" aoption would be in the form of a credit towards a new ticket or pass. Did anyone else get that today? I looked everywhere and can not find the same information.
I might have just not read carefully enough, but I didn’t see anything, it just said more information would be released soon regarding what we need to do. I don’t know if it’s different for different passes (I have a platinum paid in full so I didn’t read anything about the monthly pay passes), but it didn’t tell me anything other than what’s already been said regarding either getting a refund and the expiration stating the same, or waiting and having it extended.

I got an alert on my phone thru the app about the options today. I read it then closed it and can not pull it up again. But I swear I remember reading that the "refund" aoption would be in the form of a credit towards a new ticket or pass. Did anyone else get that today? I looked everywhere and can not find the same information.

If you go to the Disney website, you can read what the alert said under the info about annual passes. I haven’t seen anything about a credit. Just refund for time park is closed or extension for time park is closed.

We have a May trip booked as well. It has not been cancelled as of yet but I have zero confidence it will happen :( We also had a March and April trip that we cancelled. Bummer of a year to have first ever AP's. Only had them cause our oldest dd was down there in the very short-lived DCP program (43 days for our girl).

That’s interesting, because I have a trip planned for May 5-9, with a ticket to the MK After Hours on the 5th, and nothing has been cancelled or refunded. I fully expect my trip to be cancelled, but it’s odd how there seems to be random cancelling and refunding done by Disney. I’m early in the month, I’d think I’d be one of the first to get the axe.

Something is definitely up on their end, I checked MDE just to double check the expiration date for my AP and lo and behold our VAH tickets for May 8 suddenly popped up again.

the way I understand it and the CM over the phone understands it is that
If you want the refund from the day the parks closed until April 5th your expiration date will remain the same
If you don't want the refund, they will extend the expiration date the number of days the parks have been closed
I'm sure this might change, as I stated in my previous post, the CM still don't have all the info

Was this ever clarified? It seems like you either choose a refund or take the extension

Was this ever clarified? It seems like you either choose a refund or take the extension
I called two hours ago (on April 4), and this was what the CM told me was the policy: refund for the days parks are closed or an extension for the days the parks are closed.
ETA: Just to be clear, CM also mentioned that no partial refunds will be issued until the park opens, so they know for sure how many days to refund.
Different from what the latest Disney Food Blog video says, making it sound like you can basically cancel the rest of your AP and get it refunded, not just a refund for the days closed.

Last edited:
Yesterday I received this same alert via my notifications.

Well i just went to check the fp availability for may and mde now says i don't have a ticket even though my ap expires 5/14. So I guess this hold on payments basically canceled everything. I'll call later this week

But in your MDE under my plans does it show you having tickets? Mine does not.
As I don't have a trip planned yet, there is nothing under my plans. But I just tried to make a FP-reservation via the app and you are right, there I'm told that I don't have any tickets. I was just curious regarding the website, and there my AP is not even listed anymore...

My pass expired April 3rd and I was planning to renew but waited because I had some questions that I was hoping would be ironed out by the end of my 30-day renewal window. I just checked and my Annual Pass is gone from MDE. I guess I'll have to call sooner rather than later now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!