AP Partial Refund or AP Cancellation

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyr

DIS Veteran
We have 4 Platinum AP's that we only got to use once last December for 6 days. Had to cancel the other 2 trips because of the closure. All 4 AP's expire on August 29th. We are not going to get to use them again. I called the AP V.I.Passholder support line and asked about the partial refund. I was told that because the opening is still not official until the Governor approves it, they cannot start the partial refund process yet. Then she said I had the option of requesting an AP cancellation but was not very clear on how that worked. Which option is better?

I would be interested in this as well. I will have to try to call. We used our AP last October. We had been planning on going again but we may try to cancel instead.

Hmmm interesting - I called yesterday and was told partial refund for the closure days or extension we’re our only options. (I did express that I felt there should be an alternative option for those of us who medically can’t visit even once the closure is lifted, and was told to wait until closer to the opening and try calling again. They also suggested that anyone unhappy with the current options should write in to guest services - strength in numbers and all that - if lots of people are saying this they may be more likely to offer another option.)

I’m really interested in whatever 3rd alternative there might be as well. I don’t blame them for opening, but doesn’t provide a viable visit option for our family.

I’m really interested in whatever 3rd alternative there might be as well. I don’t blame them for opening, but doesn’t provide a viable visit option for our family.

E-mail guest relations and tell them that! The more people they hear from who the current options don't work for, the more likely we will get a third!

I used to be in the I live an hour away I’ll default to the extension camp but now with ADR & FP+ being suspended till the end of the year it makes me think the reservation entry will be till the end of the year if not a permanent change and with onsite guests getting privilege this makes me feel like I’ll have the same odds to make it in the gate like I did for trying to book tier 1 FP+ pre pandemic so slim to none

I almost want to take the refund and then if marathon weekend is a go either get a package or just run and go to springs

I’m grabbing refund if I can, or atleast the partial refund for the closed days. We are Def Not heads back till ‘21 at earliest.

I still need to call Disney at some point to get a refund.

I live somewhere that is about 20 hours of air travel (not including transit time) from WDW so realistically going to WDW is not in the cards while international air travel is still largely shut down. (Not to mention concerns about spending that much time flying at the moment, plus work issues with overseas leave, plus a local government advisory against overseas travel and a mandatory 14-day quarantine for all returned travellers where I am...)

Best option for me would be if Disney could refund the remainder of my AP altogether. But if not then I'm definitely opting to get the partial refund for the closed days.

I saw a post earlier about someone possibly canceling their annual pass… I seem to be overlooking it now, but I did want to let everyone know that when I spoke to a cast member tonight, she offered me the two well-known options. When I specifically asked about a cancellation, she was very helpful and said that that was definitely an option, but it had to be sent to a review team. So I don’t know what they look at, and she did not know either, but said I would be notified within the next week or so whether they would be able to accommodate me. She knew immediately what I was talking about so hopefully everyone here has just as easy of a time. Now hopefully it gets approved!

I just made a post trying to find this post, but wanted to let everyone know that I was able to put in a request for cancellation of all my family’s fast passes for a refund of the rest of its year. She was very courteous and knowledgeable about it, but I did have to ask specifically for it. She said it had to be sent to a review team and they would let me know in a week or two whether or not I was approved. She said specifically that she did not know what their criteria was. Hopefully everyone will get what they request!

Has your pass already been used? There has been no official announcement that the refund will be more than the closure,

I just received the updated email tonight about my AP and it gave no further details,

So, it will be interesting to see if you are indeed allowed to be refunded the remaining days if you have already used it,

The regular Tickets are being changed to a new expiration of Sept 2021 so maybe they have added this option and not yet gotten the word out!

Yes It’s already been used, but another user on here had mentioned they had been offered a cancellation on their used annual pass also. She seem to be well-versed in it, and I was pleasantly surprised that there was almost no wait to talk to her. I even clarified with her, and without prompting she explained “yes this would be for a cancellation of the rest of all your remaining time on your pass and the refund of all that time.” If it was just the refund while the park was closed, she could have done that herself. I suspect they would never have offered it in the email that was sent out for obvious reasons (everyone flocking to cancel). But it stands to reason that it would be an option as it is a far cry from what was expected when we bought the pass.

I just made a post trying to find this post, but wanted to let everyone know that I was able to put in a request for cancellation of all my family’s fast passes for a refund of the rest of its year. She was very courteous and knowledgeable about it, but I did have to ask specifically for it. She said it had to be sent to a review team and they would let me know in a week or two whether or not I was approved. She said specifically that she did not know what their criteria was. Hopefully everyone will get what they request!

Where did you call? The AP line?

I called the number in the email (407) 939-7277 and they connected me with the pass holder department. Hope that helps!

Sorry if this has been asked again, I was looking but did not find anything searching the board.
I am wondering, how the AP refund will be calculated?

This is our situation: family of 4, all with Gold AP, used once in December 2019 for five days. Planned to visit in July 2020 (that‘s why we bought AP‘s) and in November 2020. At least the July trip will not happen, because of travel restrictions (we are international guests, no flights right now, no entry allowed etc.), probably also not the November trip, as that was combined with a DCL cruise.... .
So basically, buying an AP in December 2019 for the four of us was a huge waste of money!
Does anybody know, how the refund will be calculated?
I heard about cancellation of an even used AP, maybe that would be an option? As far as I heard from fellow DISboarders, you need to call and specifically ask for it.

Does anybody has some more insight ? TIA !

I'm in almost the exact same situation as you. I asked for the partial refund. I have an additional question: will the refund period include this period where the reservation system is in place? I have a trip planned and the rumors are even with a AP and DVC reservation you might not get into a park on all days of your reservation.

Merging to the existing thread, please don't open another ap thread unless the topic is completely different that refund and extension on it. Thank you.

I have an additional question: will the refund period include this period where the reservation system is in place?
In Shanghai the “extension period” is from when the park closed in January till reservations are over (APs are still active to use during reservation period With a limit of one reservation a week)

As I’m understanding with WDW (though things change daily) the “extension period” is March 16-July 11 with only a limited quota of reservations on select days allotted for AP consumption

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter